Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2007, 00:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

price for a 8-months old zma please...

i need to know how can i spend on a 8 months old karizma, the reason behind the person selling the bike is, he had fall from the bike because there was some oil spilled up on the road...( i know that because he is my senior in the college)

the bike is 7/2006 manufactured red karizma with a sort of fancy number '5567'.

the engine is sounding a bit rough when revved at even 3000rpm not smooth like a brand new one though the bike has done only 6000kms.

also there is noise when the rear brakes are applied that sound like a breaking metal piece.

even after the fall there is no problen with the chassis or the fork, the mags are fine and so are the shocks front and rear...

i asked my mecanic for a list of things to get checked and asked me to get the timing belt tensioner, chain sproket checked.

apart from this i would want you guys to give me a list of things to checkout too...

other wise i couldnot find anyother flaws please give me a price to quote and anything else to checkout...
Old 11th April 2007, 01:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Bike sounding rough could just be the fairing loose. Zmas are known to have timing chain issues, though since I'm not much of a biker, I could be wrong. Like any other vehicle, check clutch, see if it tracks in a straight line while accelerating and braking, it should rev cleanly till 9000+ (?) rpm. Rear brakes' issues sounds like the drum shoes need to be replaced. Which means he's been using only the rear, not the front brake.
Old 11th April 2007, 09:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

v1p3r thanks for the info can you quote a figure(price) too for this bike please?
Old 11th April 2007, 16:15   #4
RDX

i'm a hard core biker.... i think if the engines clean and if he's gettin da bike fixed from a hero honda showroom then 50-60 would be fine but not more than that.......
Old 11th April 2007, 23:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

man there was also another bike april 2005 karizma the engine is in fine condition and the guy said he is gonna get all the repairs that need be done from the hh showroom and he has quoted 57k bucks... say what people?

OFF TOPIC:also i wanted to know if the launch of pulsar 220dts-fi going to affect the resale of the karizmas?

please give your valuable views...!
Old 11th April 2007, 23:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

i meant the launch of the 220s in hyderabad as its going to be just one more month wait as i heard from one of my buddies...( could also be delayed or a rumour). i was thinking if this would affect the Zma's resale values in the market?
Old 12th April 2007, 09:45   #7
BHPian

"Bike sounding rough" especially when revved hard, get the tappet clearance checked & reset by a trained mechanic, its simple &takes few minutes, checking can be done by a simple feeler gauge.

I am sure this will check the rough sound problem, in the worst case it may be the valve timing issue as your mechanic mentioned , but that should be done if tappet setting doesnt works.

For most 4-strokes, rough sound is from wrong tappet setting, although there are other reasons, but this one is most common.
Old 12th April 2007, 23:19   #8
BHPian

Hmmm dunno much about the price of zma. BUt when i checked a second hand shop there was a 4 month old zma with 6k on odo. he asked 57k for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks