Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2020, 16:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Dealer blames me for motorcycle damage after a test-ride. UPDATE: They are claiming insurance (pg 4)

I believe, even if it is damaged during a test drive/ride, they need to claim insurance. They can't extort it from a prospective customer. One of the reasons why they ensure that you have a valid license to take a test drive/ride. Moreover, if there was any damage during your test ride, they should have pointed out at the time of returning the bike, not two hours later. I am curious why a sales person did not accompany during the test ride?

Last edited by airbus : 23rd December 2020 at 16:11. Reason: Minor update.
airbus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 16:24   #17
BANNED

re: Dealer blames me for motorcycle damage after a test-ride. UPDATE: They are claiming insurance (pg 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I am curious why a sales person did not accompany during the test ride?
Royal Enfield does offer extended test rides where one can take the motorcycle and then go on a longish solo TD.

Dealer blames me for motorcycle damage after a test-ride. UPDATE: They are claiming insurance (pg 4)-re-td.jpg

One such bike a friend of mine rode to my place which is quite a distance from the showroom, he had the motorcycle for the whole noon before returning it, fuel filled by himself as the motorcycle was near reserve at the time of receiving it.

P.S. Excuse the flip-flops, this is right next to my house.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 23rd December 2020 at 16:26.
ashwinprakas is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 17:16   #18
BHPian

Hi
It's a TD vehicle and unless there is evidence where in they can prove that the damage happened to the vehicle due to your irresponsible driving you don't have to even respond to this. Stay calm, don't respond harshly and tell them u have handed over without any damage. If they harass you it only makes your case stronger. Unless they have a video footage for supporting their claim don't worry you are on solid ground.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 17:22   #19
BHPian

Received a call from the sales staff and I requested to speak to the Manager.

The manager blatantly blamed me and then I told him my whole experience. I also said that if it was my fault then I should have been informed immediately and not called after 2 hours after leaving the showroom.

I brought to his attention that the bike was inspected by the security guard before and after my test ride and if any damage was noticed I should have been informed immediately.

He said that they will claim insurance and that he will call me back as may be needed.

Now, I am concerned as to why would they need to contact me if they will claim insurance?
yikes6633 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 17:29   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes6633 View Post

The manager blatantly blamed me and then I told him my whole experience.
Stop justifying yourself to them.

You have zero liability in this and the next time they call, tell them to stop wasting your time.
bblost is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 17:43   #21
BHPian

As others have already mentioned, as this is a clear case of unprofessional behavior by dealership.

They must claim from Insurance company and potential customer should never be liable even if damage is occurred during test ride which is not the case here but still.

I would suggest yikes6633 to use other social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) also and reach out to company and would also request Team-BHP Mods to change heading of the thread accordingly (similar to other such threads, with dealer name mentioned).

Last edited by Vishal.R : 23rd December 2020 at 17:47.
Vishal.R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 17:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, I am concerned as to why would they need to contact me if they will claim insurance?
Just to satisy their ego & show they're not giving up so easily?
aargee is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 18:30   #23
BHPian

Quote:
The manager blatantly blamed me ....
Lets hope that CVS Bellary Rd is happy with the "goodwill" that this thread will generate. There are loads of dealers in a place like Blr and many people will be wary of dealing with CVS after something like this. It would have been easier for them to just do the right thing.

Last edited by Roy.S : 23rd December 2020 at 18:32.
Roy.S is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 19:13   #24
BHPian

Quote:

The manager blatantly blamed me and then I told him my whole experience. I also said that if it was my fault then I should have been informed immediately and not called after 2 hours after leaving the showroom.

He said that they will claim insurance and that he will call me back as may be needed.

Your fear is giving them this confidence if I may say so. Next time they call, make it very clear that you will take appropriate action if they don't stop harassing you & calling you. You have nothing to be worried about here.
Engine_Roars is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 19:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

There were many incidents of the accident or denting TD vehicles. I think one or two even reported at our forum too. They were about cars and the incident happened in presence of SE or instructor. However, in all the incidents, the TD taker didn't have to pay anything. TD vehicles are insured. And after all, they are "Test Drive" vehicles. So, this kind of thing happens to them.

It's SE or Insutcytor's responsibility to check the vehicle immediately after the TD is done.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 21:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:

I brought to his attention that the bike was inspected by the security guard before and after my test ride and if any damage was noticed I should have been informed immediately.

Hi
It's likely they are trying to collect the difference that will not be compensated by insurance. This is the most callous and idiotic behaviours from the whole team. Bro, don't even bother and tell them to take a hike in respectful manner. You have done your due diligence by explaining your side more than once, that should be the max. If they try to be smart stick to your guns. It's Bangalore and there are lots of options.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 22:22   #27
BHPian

Ignore the calls. Speak to a lawyer friend if the harass you by calling repeatedly.

This happened to my neighbour. My neighbour was out to get groceries in his I20. His car was crushed by some one on a test ride of a Swift. The showroom and not the test driver paid for the repair. Luckily no one was injured.
Mafia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 23:37   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

You need to take a strong stand. Be firm that you didn't damage the bike and ASK (NOT request) them to furnish proof. Dont pay a single penny - you dont have to cover the expense.

Its UPTO the showroom to have checked and signed off the vehicle right after TD or bring up an issue.

PS:: On the other hand a few friends had a similar issue with BMW TR in Chennai. Seem a friend had a TR and the next one put the bike down damaging the clutch lever or so. Luckily my friend had taken some pic after his TR where he was able to prove he returned it in good condition. BMW guys also mentioned that they'll repair it - just that they expect the customers to intimate them if customers happen to crash the bike.

May be a good idea from now on to take "before" & "after" pics of the vehicles for our own record.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd December 2020 at 23:39.
swiftnfurious is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 10:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Contact RE support, let them handle it.

If they don't understand the concept of "customer" they don't deserve any. Talking about the dealer here.
It's RE's responsibility to handle their dealers since they claim "customers".
But I don't think you would be hearing from that dealer again.

Safest is to take pics/videos before and after TR like swiftnfurious suggested but it ruins the experience.

Updated my "avoid" list with that dealer

Last edited by shancz : 24th December 2020 at 10:53. Reason: updated info on missed post
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 10:48   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Contact RE support, let them handle it.
Right advice. Send a strong mail to RE support and copy the dealer as well. This will make them come to you with apologies. Don't let them get away with such obnoxious behaviour.
fordday is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks