Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2020, 23:46   #61
BHPian

re: Dealer blames me for motorcycle damage after a test-ride. UPDATE: They are claiming insurance (pg 4)

Nothing to do, just ignore. Test ride bikes are test rides bikes. Unless you didn't cause damage to a 3rd person or 3rd party just ignore. Don't overreact. Just tell them wnay actually happened and say a smiling bye bye.
Silver Knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 10:49   #62
BHPian

re: Dealer blames me for motorcycle damage after a test-ride. UPDATE: They are claiming insurance (pg 4)

Only in India customers are forced to take responsibility for test ride vehicles. Technically test ride vehicles are the property of the dealer and is insured accordingly. They should have checked the motorcycle before and after the test ride in the presence of the customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes6633 View Post
Needed your advise.

Yesterday, I visited the Royal Enfield showroom located in Bangalore to test ride the Meteor 350.

What must I do?

Last edited by Sheel : 27th December 2020 at 13:18. Reason: Please do not quote an entire post, please quote selectively. Thanks.
tatsago is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 12:55   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
The ship for the showroom sailed when they did not reach out to you when you were in showroom. If they can provide a CCTV footage of you damaging the bike, sit & talk to them to resolve it amicably and if they can't and you know you did not do it, politely decline to entertain.
Absolutely! Although they may have a CCTV footage of you tilting the bike and it might be difficult to ascertain whether something hit the tank or not at that moment. However its their duty to check the bike for damage soon upon return and not comeback later. Surely it's poor management at the dealership to call back a customer for a minor damage to tank after two hours for their fault of not checking at the right time.
MOUNTAINMAN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 15:09   #64
BHPian

I received a call a few minutes ago from Mr. Bharat from Royal Enfield. He enquired into the test ride experience at the dealership and also enquired if any one was injured or was there any 3rd party involvement.

I have clearly mentioned to him that the bike only tilted over my leg due to the difference in the levels between the pavement and road height and that I found it difficult to bring it back into its upright position and there was no involvement of any 3rd party nor was anyone injured.

I also mentioned that the security guard present at the scene inspected the bike and then allowed me to proceed with the test ride. The bike was also checked by the security guard after the completion of the test ride and I felt that the dealership calling me after 2 hours of leaving the showroom was not at all right on their part.

I did mention that the manager of the dealership mentioned that they will claim insurance and haven't called me back thereafter.

Mr. Bharat said that I should let him know if the dealership calls me again in this regard.

He then enquired if this whole incident has been shared on any social media website, to which I said it's only shared on Team BHP.
yikes6633 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 15:17   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Mr. Bharat said that I should let him know if the dealership calls me again in this regard.

He then enquired if this whole incident has been shared on any social media website, to which I said it's only shared on Team BHP.
Yikes6633 - I think you have handled the incident very maturely. I can say the same thing about RE (minus the initial conversations from the dealer). Solved amicably by all parties it seems.

And I am really happy to see that RE has started caring about their social media image. Never thought this would happen when I bought my bike more than 6 years ago
warrioraks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 15:51   #66
BHPian

Quote:

Yeah, only shared in Team BHP and it has just generated 60 + comments and 28000 + views already, in just four days.

OT :: I don't know. it reminds me of the Hotel scene of Revathi in malayalam film Killukkam. Rough translation " Main ne kuch nahi kiya, just posted in Team BHP"

Last edited by Vasuki : 27th December 2020 at 15:55.
Vasuki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 07:42   #67
BHPian

You are taking it to your heart...there is no need to be worried or stressed, even if you damaged it, you are not liable to pay.

When we leave a vehicle for service and any damages that occur in the service station are always at owners risk and the owner is asked to claim insurance, the same logic applies here.

Relax and stop worrying.

Also another observation is that, always deal with the RE brand store rather than these cheesy dealers. You might not get good discounts or deals, but you won't have such instances. I bought two Enfield's till date, one from the brand store and one from a dealer. The dealer had his own arm twisting tactics while the brandstore was straight forward in their dealing.
samuelv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks