Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2021, 08:09   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivacar View Post

Apart from Trip 1 and 2, there is also a Trip F in the display. Don't know what it is for?

Even the standard seats are fantastic.

My wishlist is RE should bring the ELECTRA 350 in the same platform with 19" front and rear wheels, wider handle bar and a high seat.
Trip F, from what I noticed on the Meteor and should be the same on the Classic too, is when the fuel falls to reserve and shows how many kms have been done in reserve.

Is the Electra and STD350 still being produced with the UCE or have they stopped production? If they haven't stopped, then it would be how it was when the AVL engines were introduced only with the Machismo and Thunderbird and the rest continued with the cast iron engines.

Last edited by tharian : 13th September 2021 at 08:15.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 08:22   #92
BHPian

Electra is stopped, but the Standard Bullet with UCE is still available.
Old 13th September 2021, 08:24   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Matt Green is not offered on the official website! Has anyone clarified this point with the showroom folks? This is one superb-looking color in my opinion!
The test drive bike I rode was Matt Green
Old 13th September 2021, 10:14   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivacar View Post
Electra is stopped, but the Standard Bullet with UCE is still available.
On the website it shows the STD Bullet among the other available models, but when clicked on, it shows only the Bullet ES and KS. Which was why I was wondering if the UCE is still manufactured and the website is not updated or if these are unsold inventory.
Old 13th September 2021, 12:56   #95
Senior - BHPian

It's interesting to note the strategy RE uses for introducing new engines on their motorcycles. For example the recent J series OHC engine and the chassis first found its way into the Meteor and then to the Classic series. This is similar to how the AVL LB 350 5 speed engine was first introduced with the Thunderbird and then found its way into the AVL Machismo which itself was based on the Standard Deluxe model. Although some might argue that AVL 350 was first introduced in the Machismo but it was Thunderbird that made it hugely popular. In short, RE used their cruiser models in both the cases above to test and experiment the market with their new offerings.

The new J series engine puts an end to the pushrod era and will enable RE to compete with contemporary bikes in that category. I have a feeling that RE is testing the market with the upcoming 650 twin cruiser model before plonking it into the Himalayan.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 15:49   #96
BHPian

Just got the new Classic 350 Gunmetal Grey, on 15th September, was available on the spot at Bathinda showroom, I was told that in the first lot, two pieces of Gunmetal grey arrived, luckily one was sold, and I was able to grab the second one. Got the leg guard and the sump guard installed at the dealership only. My purpose of installing the sump guard is just to prevent mud splashes on to the engine, and it will be easier to clean too. Changed the black coloured alloys with the Genuine dual tone/machine glazed alloys from Royal Enfield. These look much better than the stock alloys.
Have ridden it around 175km, mostly on highway, ride quality is just awesome, the suspension is perfectly tuned, neither too soft nor stiff. Being 6 feet tall, I like its riding position better than Meteor. Will be using it only for leisure rides on highways. Extremely satisfied.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-9d56f8de326647eab945eb3acf2686a7.jpeg  

Last edited by gsratta : 17th September 2021 at 15:58.
gsratta is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 17:23   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Just got the new Classic 350 Gunmetal Grey,
Congratulations! Looks fantastic! Gorgeous alloys! It is a really quick purchase.

Looks good enough to tempt me back to own an RE.

Wish you many happy and safe miles!

Look forward to your ownership thread. Too early to ask about the milage :P
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 18:54   #98
BHPian

Thanks, the purchase was quick, because of the availability, I was told by the dealer that as soon as the first lot is sold, there will be a waiting of one to one and half month. May be it was a tact to sell, anyway I got it really quick. I had a wish to own a Royal Enfield, for a long time, father used to have a Royal Enfield when I was a kid, in the seventies and early eighties. He had to sell it off due to disturbed conditions in Punjab during the eighties, as most of the time there was a ban on riding a Royal Enfield, by the Government, during those days. Still have fond memories of going on long rides on the Bullet with the parents. So it was a very old wish to own a Royal Enfield.
In the college I got a Hero Honda CD100, and later on changed to Hero Honda cbz ( the original 1999 model) and a Honda Unicorn in 2010 to present. While riding the Hondas, the CI and UCE engines felt very harsh. But when I test rode the new J platform classic 350, it was day and night difference, the gear shifting, clutch operation etc is almost at par the Honda Unicorn, or rather better, the nvh levels at 60 to 70kmph are much lower than the Honda, maybe because it runs at low rpm at the same speeds, so appears less strained. As someone has said that when you get old, you will not regret the things you have done, but those that you did not do. So in my late 40’s I made the decision, and I am enjoying it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Congratulations! Looks fantastic! Gorgeous alloys! It is a really quick purchase.

Looks good enough to tempt me back to own an RE.

Wish you many happy and safe miles!

Look forward to your ownership thread. Too early to ask about the milage :P
gsratta is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 22:16   #99
BHPian

Test rode the new Classic 350 today at RE Una in Himachal (lovely staff, highly recommended place).

2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-img_20210918_14535401.jpeg

The only way to describe the way the bike felt was "sweet", there's no drama, no macho vibes, you just go and want to keep going. Cruising sweet spot should be 90-95, it can do 110 easy, but 120 takes a lot of pushing. I'd just got off the Interceptor, and the 350 felt extremely light in comparison. The bike has a lovely understated sound now, much more refined than before. Loved the fat brake and clutch levers, gave good leverage, and the clutch was very light too. I have zero complaints.

Showroom staff told me the bike already has a 4 month waiting, and I can see why. I may have to get an MRI done to see what's wrong with my brain that I keep loving RE stuff, but seriously, it's a lovely little thing, take a test ride.

2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-img_20210918_14521101.jpeg
RiderZone is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 12:47   #100
BHPian

Would anyone know how to track the status for bike booking made on royal enfield portal ? I have sales advisor allocated but am bored of hearing his comments and am getting restless about the new bike. Any leads regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rajesh
Old 6th October 2021, 23:10   #101
BHPian

My classic 350 next generation gunmetal grey is performing excellently, have covered around 700km. A week back got the first service done, which included engine oil and oil filter change, and general checkup. The work done was satisfactory, except two negative points. Firstly in the name of chain cleaning and lubrication, first they sprayed the chain cleaner, and then immediately the chain lube, did not insist them to do any further, as I knew that I would do it in a much better way, at home, and did not want them to spray the lube all over. The other was the cost of the service kit, included in the final bill, which was ₹500 or 600. When inquired regarding what it included, as what was replaced was only two O rings and an engine oil filter. The spare parts stockist called someone over the phone, and showed me the first service kit box, which included an unused tappet cover gasket, and two O rings. I was told that I may take the unused parts with me, because if they don’t bill the kit in the first service, there may be warrenty issues. Again I didn’t want them to do any thing with the tappets, had to agree. Will not be going to them, for the coming services. I don’t know why Royal Enfield is recommending tappet adjustment at the first service, and after that also, every year or 10000km. I don’t think that tappets require so much tinkering. Any expert opinions from fellow bhpians are welcome. I am planning to not to tinker with the tappets, or should I do it the other way, as recommended by Royal Enfield.
gsratta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 07:44   #102
BANNED

Quote:
I don’t know why Royal Enfield is recommending tappet adjustment at the first service, and after that also, every year or 10000km. I don’t think that tappets require so much tinkering. Any expert opinions from fellow bhpians are welcome. I am planning to not to tinker with the tappets, or should I do it the other way, as recommended by Royal Enfield.
Setting tappets during one of the first couple of services is a standard process, almost every manufacturer with screw type adjusters recommends this.

Now whether you need to do this or not is totally your call, none of my motorcycles have been serviced at the ASC and in my P220's case the tappets were first adjusted at 50k km's and in my CT100B it was first set at 25k km's. Depending on how hard you ride a motorcycle the interval drops but then again this is nothing to fret about, setting tappets is easy, and can be done by oneself.

Here's a DIY I'd made a long while ago;

DIY: Setting the Tappet Clearance of a Motorcycle (Bajaj CT100B)

Now comparing the previous generation, the older Pushrod engines came with hydraulic tappets hence why it doesn't have a similar recommendation.

Hope that helped.
A.P.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 7th October 2021 at 07:48.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 13:57   #103
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield has created Guinness World Record for online viewership of the Classic 350 launch event.

2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-20211009_135510.jpg

Quote:
On September 1, 2021, from 11:30 am to 12 noon, as many as 19,564 viewers witnessed the launch, beating the existing record standing at 13,779 viewers.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 9th October 2021 at 14:00.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 23:47   #104
BHPian

Recently I have completed 800km on my next gen classic. I am in so much in love with this bike, that most of the times when I have to go alone, within a distance of 50 to 70km, I prefer to take the bike over the car. During this time I also tried to check its fuel economy, using tankful to tankful method, once, and I couldn’t believe it, from the figure that I got. For 200km covered, it took 4.25 litres, giving an average of 47kmpl. It was 90% solo highway ride, at speeds between 60 and 75km/h, with a gentle hand at the throttle. Taking into account, the variation in the amount of fuel to fill the tank upto the brim, it is definitely above 40, maybe 43 to 45. I got the fuel filled, upto the metal plate below the fuel filler cap. Attaching an image from the owner’s manual, of the same. Didn’t go above the maximum level shown in the image.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-8da18b40a98047ec8a03cfef4c724f7e.png  

gsratta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 22:10   #105
BHPian

Quote:
For 200km covered, it took 4.25 litres, giving an average of 47kmpl. It was 90% solo highway ride, at speeds between 60 and 75km/h, with a gentle hand at the throttle.
Nice updates, I guess you may see a further increase in FE, especially solo cruising between 60&70kmph. Had done a Solapur - Mumbai 480km single day trip on my classic 350 back in 2013 when the bike was just 1 year old and 3000 km on the odo. It gave an impressive 60 kmpl, I was surprised as was riding in the 70-80 kmph range. By the way how is the seat comfort after long rides? The older classics saddle was a sore point, a case of form over function.
ArTigor is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks