Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2021, 15:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Ninja 300 BS6 launched at Rs. 3.18 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth93 View Post
I am having an issue with my bike. After the first service(chain slack was adjusted), the chain is making weird noises at 70kmph and then at speeds above 90kmph and above.

Also, when making a turn at high speed (90kmph+) the bike feels a bit weird (not clear on how to clearly describe the feeling but it feels a bit jumpy like you would feel if you ride over the reflectors fixed on the road).

I mentioned this to the service center guy but they mentioned that the chain is dry and nothing else. But even after lubing the chain it still makes the noise.

Also, i can feel a very minimal lateral play at the rear wheel.

Can anyone shed some light on this as to how this can be fixed. Also, I am fine with getting this issue checked by a outside mechanic, so it would be great if anybody could suggest some good mechanics in Delhi NCR.
Hi Sabertooth
Did you check videos in the youtube? One of the below, i feel could be the similar issue but not sure.

Old 10th November 2021, 16:10   #32
BHPian

Hi Sabertooth93

I found one more. If it is same as below, it could be the balancing issue of your tyres or you should go back to the dealer and request for the tyres to be changed as it could be a manufacturing defect also. If the dealer doesn't engage you, In the past i have heard in case of RE bikes that we can directly take it up with MRF.

Old 10th November 2021, 18:56   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
Hi Sabertooth93

I found one more. If it is same as below, it could be the balancing issue of your tyres or you should go back to the dealer and request for the tyres to be changed as it could be a manufacturing defect also. If the dealer doesn't engage you, In the past i have heard in case of RE bikes that we can directly take it up with MRF.

https://Youtu.be/MMYlF7bVgr0
Thank you for the links. I don't think the issue is similar to what the guy in the first video was stating.

This issue has been brought up in the 2019 models as well but people eventually mentioned that we need to switch to a newer set of tires. I don't know whether Kawasaki or MRF will change these because many BS6 owners have already raised this issue but no action has been taken yet.
Old 12th November 2021, 19:16   #34
BHPian

Is this much lateral play normal or is something weird with my rear sprocket?
Old 12th November 2021, 20:40   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is this much lateral play normal or is something weird with my rear sprocket?
No way that looks completely abnormal and there is quite some wobble. But I can see more wobble in the tyre than the sprocket. Perhaps the tyre isnt mounted properly. I had this issue along with balancing issues and once the tyre was replaced and balanced the problem went away. But for me the wobble was only in the handlebar exactly around 60-70kmph and not while cornering. But it was not visible like here. What you can try is first reduce tyre pressure, then roll the bike forward and backward a few times and then again inflate it to the recommended pressure.

Last edited by audioholic : 12th November 2021 at 20:53.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 20:45   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
No way that looks completely abnormal and there is quite some wobble.
Any suggestions on what the cause of this wobble is? the bike went in for the first service and since then i have been facing this issue. The bike also feels quite weird when leaning and turning at speeds.

I pointed this out to the guy at the dealer and he dismissed this by saying this is normal.
Old 12th November 2021, 21:14   #37
BHPian

Quote:
No way that looks completely abnormal and there is quite some wobble. But I can see more wobble in the tyre than the sprocket. Perhaps the tyre isnt mounted properly. I had this issue along with balancing issues and once the tyre was replaced and balanced the problem went away. But for me the wobble was only in the handlebar exactly around 60-70kmph and not while cornering. But it was not visible like here. What you can try is first reduce tyre pressure, then roll the bike forward and backward a few times and then again inflate it to the recommended pressure.
Thank you for sharing the details. I also experience the wobble at the handlebar but i read about this and on most of the forums it was mentioned that this was due to MRF tires.

Also, I feel a bit of a lateral play in the wheel as well when i apply a very little force on it.

I will be go to another showroom tomorrow to get this checked.
Old 15th November 2021, 15:04   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I also experience the wobble at the handlebar but i read about this and on most of the forums it was mentioned that this was due to MRF tires.

Also, I feel a bit of a lateral play in the wheel as well when i apply a very little force on it.
I had another experience I forgot to mention about. While balancing the front and tyres solved the wobble issues to a great level, I could still feel something wrong with the handlebar and this would occur a few days after service or whenever the wheel was removed and refitted. I noticed that there was a very slight misalignment in the rear wheel. If you see the marking on the swing arm you will notice if there is any difference. I aligned it to the perfect mark and torqued the wheel nut to the exact specs. After that the wobble issue was completely gone. In your case I feel the tyre issue must be addressed first and then if the problem still exists then the alignment must be looked into.
Old 15th November 2021, 15:50   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I had another experience I forgot to mention about. While balancing the front and tyres solved the wobble issues to a great level, I could still feel something wrong with the handlebar and this would occur a few days after service or whenever the wheel was removed and refitted. I noticed that there was a very slight misalignment in the rear wheel. If you see the marking on the swing arm you will notice if there is any difference. I aligned it to the perfect mark and torqued the wheel nut to the exact specs. After that the wobble issue was completely gone. In your case I feel the tyre issue must be addressed first and then if the problem still exists then the alignment must be looked into.
So, I showed this to the guy at the dealership he said that this much play is normal and it's compensated when the tire is in contact with the tarmac. I don't know how much of that is true.

Also, I found out that it there was a puncture in my rear tire because of which I was getting that weird feeling while cornering. I learnt my lesson and now I check the tire pressure pressure each time I take out my bike.

The notches on both sides of the swing arm are like a millimeter apart but the bike rides just fine now. I don't know whether and I should leave this issue here or should I get this checked again by someone else.
Old 25th April 2022, 15:21   #40
BHPian

While casually browsing, I found out that Kawasaki has increased prices of the 2022 Ninja 300 by a whopping Rs 19000 to Rs 3.37L (ex-showroom). I remember last year, it had increased the prices from 2.96L to 3.18L and now to 3.37L. This bike is fast losing its VFM quotient.

Kawasaki Ninja 300 BS6 launched at Rs. 3.18 lakh-kawasakininja300price20220425.png
siddhant is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 16:29   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
While casually browsing, I found out that Kawasaki has increased prices of the 2022 Ninja 300 by a whopping Rs 19000 to Rs 3.37L (ex-showroom). I remember last year, it had increased the prices from 2.96L to 3.18L and now to 3.37L. This bike is fast losing its VFM quotient.
I just called up the local dealership in B’lore and enquired. Ex-Showroom is 3.56 lakh, apparently. Which makes the OTR go up to 4.5 lakh, which is 10k more than the 390 ADV. Waiting time of around 45-60 days (standard reply, just like it is with KTM).

Hopeless scenario, especially for me.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 19:16   #42
BHPian

Really Disappointed by the same old product.
Though the pricing is really lucrative being cheaper than 390Adv, but Kawasaki could have done better atleast with the styling and design.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks