Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2021, 18:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

TVS to provide free Covid-19 vaccination to all employees

TVS has announced that the company would provide free Covid-19 vaccination for all employees and their immediate family members. The vaccination drive will cover 35,000 direct and indirect company employees across the country.

TVS to provide free Covid-19 vaccination to all employees-c222853685c237f8f39a93b887b66aa5.jpg

In the initial phase, the vaccine will be made available to all employees and their families above the age of 60 and 45 years or older suffering from certain medical conditions.

TVS has provided complete support to its employees and their extended family members through the pandemic. The company has introduced apps for emergency requirements, doctor-on-call services, Covid-19 awareness and mental wellness programmes.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 11:17   #2
BHPian

Re: TVS to provide free Covid-19 vaccination to all employees

Definitely a proactive move

https://nhm.gov.in/index1.php?lang=1...id=824&lid=220

National Health Mission mentions over 12 vaccines are provided free of cost for preventable diseases. Sad that Covid didnt make the cut to this list.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th March 2021 at 10:44. Reason: Please start your sentences with capital letters.
Leem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 12:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leem View Post
National Health Mission mentions over 12 vaccines are provided free of cost for preventable diseases. Sad that Covid didnt make the cut to this list.
Isn't the vaccine already free in govt hospitals? Only if one chooses to go to a private hospital, one needs to pay, that too just Rs.250. Most people spend much more than that on movie tickets every month.
Jaguar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 12:51   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Isn't the vaccine already free in govt hospitals?
Only to front line workers AFAIK. correct me if i am wrong

Quote:
Most people spend much more than that on movie tickets every month.
I dont like to say this, but our view of 'MOST' is very skewed. For reference only about 5% of Indians have PAN card. More than 70% of Indians live with less than 100rs per day. But that is a topic for a different discussion.

While corona has no reservations about economic or social backgrounds. To get rid of corona EVERYONE should get vaccinated

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th March 2021 at 10:44. Reason: Please start your sentences with capital letters.
Leem is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 15:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
only to front line workers AFAIK. correct me if i am wrong

i dont like to say this, but our view of 'MOST' is very skewed. For reference only about 5% of Indians have PAN card. More than 70% of Indians live with less than 100rs per day.
Which world you are living in my brother? Please at least google before making assumptions. As of now, anyone who is above 60 or above 45 (with medical conditions) is eligible to get vaccinated. And it is free in govt hospitals.

18 Bollywood movies grossed over 100 Crore in 2019. I am pretty sure it is not just the 30% (whom you are claiming live with more than 100) contributed for that. Movies are just an example. People spend more than 250 for many vices. They can definitely spend on a vaccine too.
Jaguar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 15:57   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
TVS has announced that the company would provide free Covid-19 vaccination for all employees and their immediate family members. The vaccination drive will cover 35,000 direct and indirect company employees across the country.
This is practically a useless/moot update - most firms have announced similar initiatives. I am aware of

- Deloitte (and by that all Big 4 will follow)
- Accenture
- Capgemini
- All big IT firms
- Vedanta, NTPC and many more.

None of these will be setting up medical camps to take up the load of vaccination - they will only "bear" the cost of the vaccines which is only about ~250 INR (or free if you go to the government hospitals).
ninjatalli is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 17:42   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Which world you are living in my brother? Please at least google before making assumptions. As of now, anyone who is above 60 or above 45 (with medical conditions) is eligible to get vaccinated. And it is free in govt hospitals.
My bad.
https://www.mohfw.gov.in/covid_vacci...ion/index.html
Persons over 60 and people with comorbidity between 45 - 59 are eligible for free vaccination at government hospitals as of 01 March 2021.

Demographics will show how much percentage of 140Cr population would be eligible/has access to cost free vaccination.

Quote:
18 Bollywood movies grossed over 100 Crore in 2019. I am pretty sure it is not just the 30% (whom you are claiming live with more than 100) contributed for that. Movies are just an example. People spend more than 250 for many vices. They can definitely spend on a vaccine too.

Lets assume assume 250rs/ticket here. 100Cr/250rs is 40Lakh viewers. (I am not counting the satellite/Ad revenue which is counted in the 100Cr benchmark).
According to your 18 different movies, i would take it for an argument that each of them as separate ticket holders, or say 18X40Lakh viewers = 7.2 cr ticket buyers.
7.2Cr out of 140Cr Indians. I am seeing ~5%.

India is pretty big and we are the privileged top 2-3% of it.

Last edited by GTO : 10th March 2021 at 07:48. Reason: Please be calm, polite & respectful even in debate. STRICTLY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS or rude posts on Team-BHP
Leem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 17:50   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is how our finance ministry also works out the union budget although many many government academic bodies submit their apparently useless research on the subject.

I think you really should do some research about the poverty in India, start with your state Karnataka.

To save you some time, Poverty is much bigger than you think. 33 INR a day does not make one un-poor and certainly cannot afford to pay for a vaccine.
Kosfactor is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 18:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

It is 250/ per employee and I would say, no big deal. It gives corporates something to brag about and get a ‘feel good’ factor that didn’t even last a few days.
jkrishnakj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 19:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
It is 250/ per employee and I would say, no big deal. It gives corporates something to brag about and get a ‘feel good’ factor that didn’t even last a few days.
Rs.250 is the cost for government, for private agencies, it is Rs.1000 for one dose, Rs.2000 for two.

https://www.outlookindia.com/website...vaccine/365180

He (Poonawala) explained a single dose (two are recommended at this stage) will cost up to Rs 1,000 if purchased from the pharmacy, but the government will buy 90 per cent of the supply at Rs 250 per dose.

Considering an average family of four/five people, it is not a small deal that TVS is considering to do it for all employees and their families.
ani_meher is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 07:23   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
This is practically a useless/moot update - most firms have announced similar initiatives.
I received the press release and requested Tushar to post the news. Please note not all of us are from the corporate world, and as such would find such a gesture to be noteworthy.

Let's not take this thread anymore off-topic now.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 10:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

The fact that they willingly chose to bear the cost is a good gesture. The cost of the vaccination, no matter how small it may be for a company of that size should not really come into question.

Good on them
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 12:23   #13

A nice move by my former employer. They are also covering Offroll Employees, who are generally worked a lot but not covered for much. Yes, it will begin by covering the front line production employee and then slowly move along for others. Although i cant stress enough, how much field employee travel and are at risk. Every Manufacturer has seen plenty of its employees getting infected, same with TVS.

On a lighter note, i see it is as a nice way to say, " Hey we got you vaccinated, now begin your routine visits and travels, your family safe too.
OnePM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 09:05   #14

Quote:
My bad.
https://www.mohfw.gov.in/covid_vacci...ion/index.html

Lets assume assume 250rs/ticket here. 100Cr/250rs is 40Lakh viewers. (I am not counting the satellite/Ad revenue which is counted in the 100Cr benchmark).
According to your 18 different movies, i would take it for an argument that each of them as separate ticket holders, or say 18X40Lakh viewers = 7.2 cr ticket buyers.
7.2Cr out of 140Cr Indians. I am seeing ~5%.

India is pretty big and we are the privileged top 2-3% of it.
I did the same calculations, just before posting I decided to check if someone had already pointed this out or not

Coming to the topic, Irrespective of the costs to the company,I also feel it's a good gesture which will encourage other companies to do the same for their employees.
Rakmo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 11:28   #15
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

There is a lot of difference between Delloitte doing it vs TVS doing it though the per employee cost is the same for both.

Given the economic profile of most of the TVS employees, it is a big deal for them and we should applaud the company for doing it. If they get a little publicity for it , thats fine. Its way better than taking out HR advertorials in TOI/other publications about how great the organization is.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed