Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2021, 22:04   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999

Disappointed to say the least. I hope they have an idea of how much doubt today's experience has instilled in buyers who believe in this project.

Also 'Millions of Indians'....How many bookings did OLA get, more than 10 lacs?!
Attached Images

Last edited by shortbread : 8th September 2021 at 22:06.
shortbread is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 00:10   #467
Team-BHP Support

Hahaha. I am actually quite pleased with this outcome. It was ridiculous to open bookings without even proper reviews and test drive reports being available from at least the journos.

Playing on pure hype. Hopefully if this is just a website glitch then it will have no impact on test drives and we will have test drives reports and bookings opening simultaneously or near about the same time.

So people are not totally uninformed at least.
Axe77 is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 08:31   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

I was on the road and only opened this topic today morning. Not been a good start to say the least. Hope they can iron out these glitches soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Did anyone notice the price hike or did I originally assume it was 99,999?
It's a glitch in their website.
Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-smartselect_20210909082301_twitter.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
That's the price without central subsidy, isn't it?
No it can't be subsidy because subsidy should be 45k for S1 (3kWh battery) here the difference is around 35k
hemanth.anand is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 09:11   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I was on the road and only opened this topic today morning. Not been a good start to say the least. Hope they can iron out these glitches soon.
I hope their website infrastructure can handle the surge in a week's time.

If 10lac+ bookings is what OLA is dealing with, the surge in traffic will be massive. Saying 6pm/9pm when everyone is active and they all try to login together, is a terrible idea if a company is trying to handle millions of customers. Tesla struggled with thousands let alone millions! Stop making uniform starting times, BAD idea.

I'd suggest opening the bookings quietly during the odd hours of the 15th eg. 3am or something like that. This ways people who gradually log in and check the website in the morning, complete their respective procedures.

Once the the website traffic slows after the morning wave, follow this up with direct email/SMS messages to customers saying this has been active since the 15th morning and go ahead and complete payment if they haven't already. Finally in the evening use the social media to send a Thank you message for the turnout and support, encourage those who haven't completed to do so and that they have time till 11:55pm....etc...etc. I believe this avoids the sudden surge.

I'm no expert and pretty sure OLA has far smarter people running the show. But as a customer this was disappointing and I sincerely hope they get their act together on the 25th. Heck hire me if you need help!
shortbread is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 13:11   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Hahaha. I am actually quite pleased with this outcome. It was ridiculous to open bookings without even proper reviews and test drive reports being available from at least the journos.

Playing on pure hype. Hopefully if this is just a website glitch then it will have no impact on test drives and we will have test drives reports and bookings opening simultaneously or near about the same time.

So people are not totally uninformed at least.
They wanted to ban petrol powered two wheelers, even before delivering a single product to the end customer

Hope the get down from their Hype train and concentrate on delivering their product.
giri1.8 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 20:12   #471
BHPian

Methinks Ola electric has to purge the software mindset on which the parent company is built.
Physical products (especially automotive ones) are hard to develop and build at scale, and need to meet a very high bar for safety and reliability before they can be put in the hands of customers.
Very different from building an app.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 00:20   #472
BHPian

Ola is an app based ride sharing company who know the fine nuances of internet, website and apps.

When they got a good response on booking itself, they know very well that huge traffic is to follow their website.

That Ola was unprepared for such an rush that too in 2021 seems too far fetched.

There's something else to the story.

How they live up to their hype.
adityadeva is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 21:06   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityadeva View Post
There's something else to the story.

How they live up to their hype.
Do you mean the 2 wheeler story to create a buzz around the company, followed with an IPO announcement?
Old 13th September 2021, 08:18   #474
BHPian

Whatever the reason, Ola screwed up.

I am skeptical about the 15th booking too. I am only interested now because of the promised product. I will only try booking on the 16th. If it fails, I will simply book an Ather.

You can't generate so much hype and fall at the first hurdle. I was super disappointed, but a second chance has to be given.
Old 13th September 2021, 11:08   #475
Senior - BHPian

I have sent an email to Ola support on the 7th sept asking to clarify the delivery priority, etc. to which below reply received from them this morning.

///

Dear Nair,

Once you make the advance down payment and complete the process, you will be shown the expected delivery month based on the your delivery location. However, closer to the delivery date, the exact delivery date will be communicated to you through your registered email and phone number along with an update on your Ola Electric app/Ola App.

///

It seems, they want to collect the Rs.20000 from all those who have booked previously by paying Rs.499/-.

From their above wordings, it looks like the deliveries will not happen even in October 2021. Does this mean that they want us to fund for their production cost and then they will deliver the vehicle at their convenience?
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 11:18   #476
BHPian

Hi everyone, I'm just a little curious about one aspect. How does Ola intend to physically deliver the scooter? It's not given anywhere on their website whether they'll deliver it to your home or you have to go to a specific location for pick up. So for those that have booked, have you been given any information concerning physical delivery? (I know Ola hasn't reached that point yet but am still curious.)
Old 13th September 2021, 13:05   #477
Senior - BHPian

Ola electric scooter facility to be largest all-women factory in the world.

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-smartselect_20210913130334_twitter.jpg

Ola Electric will employ 10,000 women to power its electric scooter factory in Tamil Nadu which, at full capacity, will also be the largest in the world for electric scooters.

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-smartselect_20210913130500_twitter.jpg

Name:  SmartSelect_20210913130007_Twitter.gif
Views: 340
Size:  4.89 MB

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-smartselect_20210913130508_twitter.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 13:12   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Ola electric scooter facility to be largest all-women factory in the world.

Attachment 2206455

Ola Electric will employ 10,000 women to power its electric scooter factory in Tamil Nadu which, at full capacity, will also be the largest in the world for electric scooters.

Attachment 2206465

Attachment 2206453

Attachment 2206466

https://Youtu.be/-06cw6HZUDQ

Link
I don't get it. If you want to promote gender equality and employment of women, you could've had 50% women in the workforce. Even that would've been ideal and much better than other manufacturers.
Old 13th September 2021, 14:41   #479
BHPian

Should we use 'Gender discrimination' only during male dominance? I don't have any problem with all-women factory but what would have been if it was all-men factory? How many cases would have been filed against OLA for gender discrimination?

Just saying.
sunilsreenivasg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 15:01   #480
BHPian

The factory is also going to be operated by the world's largest all women team. It is expected to employ 10000 women. Now isn't that great?
sureshkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks