Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2021, 21:22   #661

Re: Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaikalra01 View Post
It's mid October and no notification on deliveries? What's happening?
Is there someone from this forum who booked the scooter? They have not given any review units too.
They have silently moved the test ride availability date from 15th October to 25th October on their website. I have also booked the scooter and waiting for media reviews or a personal test ride.
Old 17th October 2021, 13:25   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaikalra01 View Post
It's mid October and no notification on deliveries? What's happening?
Is there someone from this forum who booked the scooter? They have not given any review units too.
I've silently cancelled my booking & have received refund of Rs 20000, not sure whether they'll refund Rs 499 or not; anyway glad I got the bigger chunk.

All the ICE 125 cc petrol scooters are available off the shelf & will be at home in < 3 days registered; we've waited since July 15 for nearly 3 months now & I don't think we can wait any longer especially to miss Diwali offers on ICE scooters awaiting for the revolution; who knows what we might land up with once the revolution is over? If everything is good, no issues, we can still opt for the EV in future; at this point, everything is uncertain & I'm not in a position to risk especially when it's for better half. Would rather go with tested & tried rather than experiment.

Atleast for sure we know Ola cannot be used for carrying a cylinder; although we have never & will not use for it, we will certainly need to carry water can atleast 1-2 times a month, if not everyday. Add to that, weekly groceries that consists of 2 big bags atleast.

Anyway, I had one more major issue - LACK OF SUPPORT!! First of all, OET didn't give a receipt for Rs 20000; when I sent emails, I never got reply or trained reply of asking me to check in Ola app, which we know for sure it's not the case. I had to tweet to Mr. Bhavish to get one proper support where they acknowledged the issue & fixed the issue thus receipt got downloaded.

Then I never got the date for full payment window, which ideally should've got within 72 hours wasn't even after 168 hours; once again twitter to rescue & this time, they promised to fix the full payment window. This time they changed my payment date from Sep 15 to Sep 30!!

I felt embarrassed to keep tweeting all the time craving for attention & I ended up cancelling my booking.

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-53598e8d535a4941ae6b1c545343498d.jpg

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-ec5afecce8af40abaff5a3e28da33153.jpg

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-2d6a9f92f8f54ddb82c6ab25e25d99c1.jpg

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-78aeb217803444b8b127b70a127b4da5.jpg

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-5b96453bf2b14e719f111e56dc2ae41a.jpg

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-a36e48059f124a7ba775342f5f72ab16.jpg

Last edited by aargee : 17th October 2021 at 13:28.
aargee is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 15:36   #663
Senior - BHPian

I too have cancelled my booking (initial booking amount of Rs.499) yesterday. They sent me a message advising the refund effected, but yet to receive in my account. Hope, it will be credited soon.

In my opinion, by the time Ola's scooters delivery begins, we may have few other brands (may be better than Ola) be available in the market.

Let's wait and see.
nairrk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 15:44   #664
BHPian

No one would have objected if Ola actually launched the scooter in 2022 ! With all the big talk of how they'll make the ICE bikes obsolete, this makes them funny. How are you going to disrupt ICE vehicle market if your product isn't even on sale ! Typical case of over promise and under delivered (rather nothing delivered at all ) Scooter looks really promising though, once they sort out all the teething issue I might consider this after say 2 years or so. I absolutely love it's clean design !
Akshay6988 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 08:54   #665
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I've silently cancelled my booking & have received refund of Rs 20000, not sure whether they'll refund Rs 499 or not; anyway glad I got the bigger chunk.
Please write to Ola about the refund of the 499 as well. No point in leaving that with them.

I will see how the test rides pan out. It is supposed to begin in a week's time (25th Oct) from today. If it is postponed or if the product is not up to the mark, there are many IC scooters that are an attractive substitute.

The scooter will be used by my better half as well and if the product is not well sorted I am backing out for a year at least. Let's hope for Ola's sake the hype generated does not lead to a disaster.
Old 18th October 2021, 09:20   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Please write to Ola about the refund of the 499 as well. No point in leaving that with them
I'll have to tweet Mr. Bhavish for it boss!! Like I said, I'm embarrassed to it over & over again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Let's hope for Ola's sake the hype generated does not lead to a disaster.
I'm quite positive the scooter will do 80% of its job well; I've cancelled it because it nearly meets our core requirements + the mess of the support team. These niggles are expected & I'm fine with it, PROVIDED, this scooter is for me. We're not looking for a lifestyle product, we want a workhorse to do the chores. May be we might buy Ola or some other EV, but for now, we don't want troubles, especially tweeting Mr. Bhavish every now & then craving for attention.
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 19:19   #667
Distinguished - BHPian

While on my way home today, saw three camouflaged Ola scooters. The engineers were on a test run and had stopped for a cup of tea. I stopped and had a brief chat with them.

It seemed tall compared to what I had imagined and about the perfect height. From the pictures, I had expected the seat height to be lower.

The screen is huge and bright enough. Saw some screens but didn't touch them.

Obviously the engineers didn't reveal much details. I wanted to see the boot space but he told he can't show it as there were some confidential equipment inside (logging devices I presume).

I quickly took couple of pictures and when they saw, they objected to it. So i didn't take more. A small crowd started building up and they quickly rode off.

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-20211018_17375601.jpeg

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-20211018_17374401.jpeg

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-20211018_1738530101.jpeg
hemanth.anand is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 20:13   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Thanks for the pics. Is it because of the camera angle or am I seeing it wrong? At the front I can see only a single telescopic fork.
Old 18th October 2021, 21:15   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sole_rider View Post
Thanks for the pics. Is it because of the camera angle or am I seeing it wrong? At the front I can see only a single telescopic fork.
It comes with a single shock only. The rear shock absorber is horizontally mounted to liberate more storage. This was designed by the Dutch Etergo engineers and hope its technically/Functionally sound/suitable for our roads
muni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 21:56   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
It comes with a single shock only. The rear shock absorber is horizontally mounted to liberate more storage. This was designed by the Dutch Etergo engineers and hope its technically/Functionally sound/suitable for our roads
Thank you for the explanation. Designing front fork/steering assembly with only a single telescopic fork leg must be quite difficult to engineer i believe. Hope it proves its strength and become a success.
Old 19th October 2021, 06:11   #671
Senior - BHPian

If you're on the NICE road between 7.30 and 9.30, you can catch these 'testers'. See them daily
Quote:
While on my way home today, saw three camouflaged Ola scooters.
Sebring is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 07:27   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
If you're on the NICE road between 7.30 and 9.30, you can catch these 'testers'. See them daily
Likewise I see it two to three days in a week from a stretch from Begur road lake to Hosur road, yesterday two of them, morning at around 9 AM.

First time I saw it a month back, I felt it was a size smaller to the scooter I use today, seats look cramped for two up. Lets see, anyway I have already cancelled my booking, will wait to sit, drive and then take a call.
Old 19th October 2021, 11:52   #673
BANNED

Quote:
It seemed tall compared to what I had imagined and about the perfect height. From the pictures, I had expected the seat height to be lower.
Thank you for sharing!

I had highlighted the seat height issue way back when the initial launch pictures were out.

If the saddle height is above 700 to 750mm, women with average height will struggle.

When the CEO riding video was released, I could not guess the height of the seat.

I have attached the highlighted image for reference
Attached Thumbnails
Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-olaheight.jpg  

Last edited by Mafia : 19th October 2021 at 11:53.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 11:57   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While on my way home today, saw three camouflaged Ola scooters. The engineers were on a test run and had stopped for a cup of tea.
@ Hemanth,

What's the seating like in your opinion?

Is it cramped for two adults?

Would it suit the traditional sideways seated rear passenger configuration that's popular in India?
Old 19th October 2021, 12:31   #675
BHPian

Caught this S1 with a whole lot of signatures at Ola's office. Fit and finish looked great and was left with a overall pleasant experience of the looks, build quality and the size of the scooter. Hope the reviews start soon as I am yet to convert my booking into a purchase. Will wait and see how it fares on roads and how much the actual range would be on our roads.
Attached Thumbnails
Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-20211018_140338.jpg  

Thebat is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed