Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2021, 15:00   #706
BHPian

Re: Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999

Do we need to pay any monthly / quarterly charges for any software/features which comes with these scooters (like voice assist, maps, realtime features n what not)?

I don't remember reading about this anywhere.
Old 28th October 2021, 16:28   #707
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Do we need to pay any monthly / quarterly charges for any software/features which comes with these scooters (like voice assist, maps, realtime features n what not)?

I don't remember reading about this anywhere.
No additional charges. Only the one time optional features charge at the time of purchase.
aim120 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 10:38   #708
Senior - BHPian

Got this mail from OLA just now.

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-screenshot_20211031_103717.jpg
SKC-auto is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 11:16   #709
Senior - BHPian

They have not yet delivered a single scooter as yet. Not even no test rides provided to those who have booked and paid Rs.20000/-. In spite of all these, now they are again opening another booking window.
nairrk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 11:52   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
They have not yet delivered a single scooter as yet. Not even no test rides provided to those who have booked and paid Rs.20000/-. In spite of all these, now they are again opening another booking window.
The bookings in the second window will be substantially lower than the first if the deadline for test rides and deliveries is postponed again.

That said, it is perfectly logical to have your next set of customers lined up for continued production.

Dec 16th is 46 days from the current date of the first test rides. Some 30k to 40k deliveries to customers is a reasonable ask by Dec 16th, if not more.
Mafia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 20:40   #711
BHPian

Is it just me or does anyone else also smell vaporware?
Mohitkumaar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 20:48   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
Ola Electric will not be a waporware. It might be half baked ware, it might be bitter ware, it might well be over promise and under deliver ware - time will tell.

But waporware it won't be.

They're not a Nikola.
digitalnirvana is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 03:20   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Depends if one is a glass empty or a glass half full kind of person. One can also call OLA electric extremely ambitious.

Rest assured the many test scooters plying across the country aren't made of vapor. Albeit OLA has boxed itself into a corner with the tight deadlines.

There's a hint of immaturity in the announcements, but when attempting something like this, I would always place my bet on the exuberance and honest energy of youth than the timidness of established players.
shortbread is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 04:24   #714
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
vaporware?
Thank you!! Had to google and wiki but I learnt a new word today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
One can also call OLA electric extremely ambitious.

Albeit OLA has boxed itself into a corner with the tight deadlines.

There's a hint of immaturity in the announcements, but when attempting something like this, I would always place my bet on the exuberance and honest energy of youth than the timidness of established players.
Brilliantly put Shortbread and wholeheartedly agree with most of your post. I do think that I detect a very ambitious and perhaps slightly egotistic CEO who is driving his team and announcing deadlines that the company isn’t ready for (somehow this ties into all the ‘toxic workplace’ murmurs also combined with multiple senior departures, depending on how or what you want to read into).

I was blown away by the promise of Ola but increasingly I am finding their disarray comical. They come across as completely disorganised and “not in control”.

RESULT? From being willing to punt blind on this, I would now not touch their product until I see / read professional trusted reviews; personally look, feel and try the product myself; see proof of the pudding as to whether their disruptive and innovative sales and service models actually play out and work in practice - and only then put my dollar behind the company. By the time that happens, it is likely that a lot more players may have competing products available in the market. By then, whether my ultimate choice is still the Ola or perhaps a later launched Honda / Suzuki / some other regular maxi scooter is anybody’s guess.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 06:38   #715
Senior - BHPian

Adding a little supportive evidence for vaporware - When I had cancelled, Ola was kind enough to return my 20K the next day, but the Rs 499 had vanished & still not returned even after 2 weeks. The very thought of talking to customer support towards the refund of it is dreading & I think I'll let it go!!
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 08:14   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Adding a little supportive evidence for vaporware - When I had cancelled, Ola was kind enough to return my 20K the next day, but the Rs 499 had vanished & still not returned even after 2 weeks. The very thought of talking to customer support towards the refund of it is dreading & I think I'll let it go!!
You can get the 499 refunded using the app. I found that the option shows up only after looking at the FAQ section on the app about how to get the refund!
binz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 12:21   #717
BHPian

In my humble opinion, it isn't prudent to book a bike that you have not done a test ride on. Even if the bike was designed abroad. I found the headlights to be eerie and the lowest part of the chassis near the front wheel, looking like a pot-belly. Even the seat (the rear portion) does not seem well designed. A family member wants to buy it because of the large boot space (and the hype). Hope it turns out to be a good bike. I'd be looking out for stability, part quality and range. Ease of charging and ability to remove the battery for charging etc. are good-to-have's.
Old 8th November 2021, 12:26   #718
Distinguished - BHPian

OLA CEO has tweeted this video of Ola S1 scooters performing some stunts in what looks like their test facility

https://twitter.com/bhash/status/145...767505408?s=20
hemanth.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 13:24   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
OLA CEO has tweeted this video of Ola S1 scooters performing some stunts in what looks like their test facility

https://twitter.com/bhash/status/145...767505408?s=20
I don't think it's their test facility. It just seemed like a private, secluded road in Bangalore. Their test facility will be near their factory mostly.

Good thing is, he confirmed that test rides will be commencing this week. Even if they can start test rides in a few major cities, that will be good for most people who are worried about real-world experiences with the scooter before taking the delivery. There will be enough youtube videos soon for the people who are outside of these major cities to make a decision.
sri_tesla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 05:39   #720
BHPian

Ola electric has sent out invite-only test drive booking emails. It’s right now happening in select cities only.
TokyoDrifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks