Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2021, 18:41   #751
BHPian

Re: Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999

With ever rising fuel costs, my hunt for a perfect EV commuter to meet my needs has begun. I am looking for a scooter to accommodate a 6ft 1in wide built guy with reasonable comfort and ergonomics. Can anyone, who has taken test drive of Ola S1 confirm if it will be comfortable enough for me? I have tested the Ather previously, but it felt too tiny and cramped up.

Last edited by Travelling_Monk : 13th November 2021 at 18:45.
Travelling_Monk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 18:41   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Took a test ride of the Ola S1Pro Yesterday and here is my experience
As expected, a very detailed review Hemanth. I was waiting for this.

I have a few questions on Ola and how it is related to the Ather, etc...
  • How is the motor noise on Ola?
    It was very loud on Ather 450X, especially very audible at low speeds.
  • Is the seat comfortable? It's an issue on Ather based on my personal experience and reported by many Ather owners as well.
  • How is the software experience (navigation, touchscreen, etc...) compared to Ather 450x?
  • Also, is there any strong reason for someone to buy Ather 450x over Ola S1 (base variant) which has a similar battery capacity and range, many more features by paying Rs 45,000 to 47,000 extra?
  • Finally, If you are in the market right now for an EV, which one you will buy based on your experience, price, and features? Will it be Ather 450x, Ola S1/S1 Pro, Chetak, or iQube?
sri_tesla is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 20:56   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling_Monk View Post
With ever rising fuel costs, my hunt for a perfect EV commuter to meet my needs has begun. I am looking for a scooter to accommodate a 6ft 1in wide built guy with reasonable comfort and ergonomics. Can anyone, who has taken test drive of Ola S1 confirm if it will be comfortable enough for me? I have tested the Ather previously, but it felt too tiny and cramped up.
For your height, the Ola would tick the following boxes
1) Comfortable seat with good ergonomics
2) Weighs up pretty good while driving. Feels well planted and not lightweight.
3) Size wise, it doesn't look puny for tall or well built people and doesnt feel cramped.
4) Has good acceleration and good range which should help your cause.
muni is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 22:06   #754
Distinguished - BHPian

One other thing i left out in my previous post is the light itself. A video i had watched of the Ola had a strange beam pattern almost like a spot. But in the road that I saw, it wasn't as pronounced like that. It had a decent spread. Although it was nothing to write home about, it was acceptable compared to the competition.

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-20211112_20025401.jpeg
Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
As expected, a very detailed review Hemanth. I was waiting for this.

I have a few questions on Ola and how it is related to the Ather, etc...
  • How is the motor noise on Ola?
    It was very loud on Ather 450X, especially very audible at low speeds.
Yeah forgot to add this in the previous post. The vehicle is way more silient than Ather. I feel that this is because the belt drive is covered. Ather's sound is loud mostly due to resonance and because of this cover, Ol S1 is silent. I test rode in very noisy road so could not really imagine how it would sound in a silent environment.

Quote:
  • Is the seat comfortable? It's an issue on Ather based on my personal experience and reported by many Ather owners as well.
Like I've written, the seat is comfortable. The good thing is the seat is almost flat. Ather's seat is angled and this is one of the reasons why it gets uncomfortable after some distance. Ola S1 seat is a little too wide at the rear and shorter pillion riders may not like it. Saree clad women sitting one side will appreciate this however provided a side step is provided as told by the demo executive.

Quote:
  • How is the software experience (navigation, touchscreen, etc...) compared to Ather 450x?
Like i wrote previously, it is fluid and smooth. However, we really have to see it's performance when all features are loaded.rhe current software is beta and half of the features are still missing. But even then the 1.8ghz processor with 3GB RAM should be good enough.

Quote:
  • Also, is there any strong reason for someone to buy Ather 450x over Ola S1 (base variant) which has a similar battery capacity and range, many more features by paying Rs 45,000 to 47,000 extra?
Not an easy question to answer. S1 110k, Ather 450+ is 130k, Ola s1 pro is 140k and Ather 450x is 150k on road in BLR as of now. Ather is for someone who wants a scooter with good dynamics and which is flickable in the city. Ather is for people to whom being stylish is equally important as features. 40k is the difference but we must remember that Ola pricing is introductory.

Quote:
  • Finally, If you are in the market right now for an EV, which one you will buy based on your experience, price, and features? Will it be Ather 450x, Ola S1/S1 Pro, Chetak, or iQube?
Depends on the usecase and individual preferences. If it is for me I'll choose the 450x. For my father, I've chosen the S1. For use cases where high range is very important, S1pro is the one. I feel Ather and Ola will cater to different segments. Chetak and iQube are more in trouble because of Ola IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling_Monk View Post
The problem is you're too tall
On a serious note, I agree that Ather's leg room is a problem for tall people like you. I've seen tall people riding the Ather sitting with their legs on the rear footrest! Thd problem with Ola is that the difference in height of the seat and the floorboard is less. Check it once yourself and then decide. You may also have to check if a pillion rider will get enough space as the seat length is less.
hemanth.anand is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 23:34   #755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[*]No Regen! - The executive told that there is no regen and neither did I find it. He explained that instead of regen there is a feature where if we even if we touch the brakes, the throttle will be completely cut off thereby saving energy.
[*]Energy saving feature - The above explained feature is the one thing I just didn't like...it is dangerous also I felt. In city we encounter lot of situations where we have to hold the brake a bit and accelerate a bit. but even a small touch of the brake lever, the throttle is DEAD! white taking U-turn, while inching slowly with the traffic, this is tough and sometimes dangerous.
I think these two spoil it for me. Do you mean there is no regenerative braking? Is there any engine braking when you close the throttle but don't touch the brake? I won't definitely like the engine dying on me whenever I touch the brakes.

I think I will cancel my booking. Anyway I will wait till I take a test ride.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th November 2021 at 14:47. Reason: Corrected. Thanks.
Gansan is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 11:00   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
The vehicle not accelerating when the brake lever is engaged is difficult to get used to and a pain. Not sure if Ather has a similar feature and I feel this is something that is going to be an irritant for most people. Hope there is a workaround or an option to switch off
The motor dosent cut off when brakes are used on Ather. I need to take a test ride of Ola to feel this. Many have pointed out this as a major irritant.
Ketan T is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 13:09   #757
BHPian

My Experience with OLA electric S1Pro

1. Overall Design, Visual impact and build quality.

Pros

· Overall scooter design is excellent with colours appealing to all cross sections of people
· Aero Dynamic with ABS fibre body. - Cannot compare with Steel / Aluminium bodies of ICE engines.
· Paint job is excellent.
· Glossy colour has lot of reflections and prone to smudges. Matt is a visual treat.
· Very good under body protection for the battery pack. (a black hard fibre cover with drain holes)
· Confirmed IP67 rating for whole scooter (As per OLA Customer care). Whole scooter covered under warranty. Need to look out for terms and conditions.

Cons
· Plastic body panels can break (with small accident/fall)
· Lot of panel gaps visible in the demo and test drive vehicles.
· Very thick floorboard with 165 mm ground clearance. Worried of floorboard and under body touching the heavy humps in Indian cities.
· The body panels can be easily scratched. I do prefer the dark colours to the light ones for this main reason. Floorboard will be very prone to scratches.
· Very flimsy footrest for the pillion and Side-stand is also very susceptible to failure in short time. They have used magnetic sensors.
· Could see the motor assembly from below and even though it is IP67 rated, a hard hit on the unscientific road humps will be disastrous.
· Colours like red/yellow appeals well but can easily fade as it is applied to the fibre panels vs steel / aluminium ones.
· QC in production line need to be pulled up to take care of these several small issues.
· Most of the buttons have dual / multipurpose. Figuring it out for a lay may will be little hard task.
· Only passive cooling of the battery. This is going to be the biggest problem. Driving the scooter for a long range can cause battery to heat up and we need to experience how the cooling mechanism works
·

2. Software / Hardware/Screen/Electronics

Pros
· The map is MapMyIndia Maps. (Not the google maps as people think).
· As everyone know by now there is no subscription pack initially and be sure that there will be surprises afterwards.
· This is not going to be free for everyone, may be after a year they will start. No one is ready to give an answer right now.
· MoveOs looks funky and will need several OTA updates to ensure our feedbacks are incorporated
· Screen is sufficiently bright and user-friendly.
· Waterproofed screen. Driven in rain. No droplets visible inside.

Cons

· Don’t expect google maps. Like sophistication. Maps are still good for the city drives.
· Screen is not tamper proof. We really need to make it tamper proof using proper screen guards (Not approved by OLA yet). Prone to scratches without protection.
· There will be several OTA updates to resolve the bugs. (Not really a con)
· The demo personnel were not able to show the battery temperature / motor temperature on the MovOS saying it is locked on demo vehicle.
· Need to check the availability of these in the companion App.

3. Drive, Drivability, Power, Acceleration, Suspension, lag etc

Pros
· Drive by wire system for acceleration. Too sensitive sensors. A touch is sufficient to move the vehicle
· No lag whatsoever while starting / first time usage on any modes.(If your hand is taken off from the brake)
· The lag kind of feeling with starting or stopping of the bike is due to electronic cut-off while applying brakes
· Motor supports regenerative braking. Need to see this is implemented or not. The test vehicle feels that as soon as we touch the brake, the engine gets cut off.
· Overall suspension is good, I felt little bouncy, may be due to excessive tyre pressure on the demo vehicle.

Cons
· Feels there is lag while start driving the vehicle especially in the demo vehicle due to the driving habit on moving ICE vehicles with brakes on.(Actually it is just a feeling)
· You will feel the same in start stop traffic. If you have the brakes on, the vehicle will not move.
· To counter this in steep slopes they have introduced the hill hold assist, where the motor will assist you to hold the bike in a slope without applying brakes.

4. Charger and charging ports

Pros
· Length is sufficient.
· Have a fan to dissipate heat

Cons
· Not waterproof.
· Very flimsy and plasticky feel.
· The mounting bracket is not free or not part of the original accessory. Need to purchase separately.
· Charging socket can be opened by push-lock. (Notifications may come on the mobile App)

5. Conclusion.

Overall excellent scooter considering this is the first version of Etergo scooter. They have tried to customise it to Indian conditions
No comparison to Ather (nearest competition) due to price aspects. Ather can overtake this very easily by adding additional battery pack and competent pricing.
Rest of the features are software driven.
Battery cooling, Flimsy panels, Pathetic charger quality are my big concerns.

Suspension, Acceleration, Headlights etc are good and sufficient

Last edited by pradeepkm : 14th November 2021 at 13:14.
pradeepkm is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 13:47   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepkm View Post
My Experience with OLA electric S1Pro
Aero Dynamic with ABS fibre body. - Cannot compare with Steel / Aluminium bodies of ICE engines.
· Paint job is excellent.
·
Motor supports regenerative braking. Need to see this is implemented or not. The test vehicle feels that as soon as we touch the brake, the engine gets cut off.
· Overall suspension is good, I felt little bouncy, may be due to excessive tyre pressure on the demo vehicle.

No comparison to Ather (nearest competition) due to price aspects. Ather can overtake this very easily by adding additional battery pack and competent pricing.
Rest of the features are software driven.
Battery cooling, Flimsy panels, Pathetic charger quality are my big concerns.

Suspension, Acceleration, Headlights etc are good and sufficient
Many Ice scooters comes with fiber/abs bodies Dio, Aviator etc.

All motors support regen including a Rs100 toy car, but its the controller which has to have regen capability in order to convert the AC voltage and current produced by the motor to DC of the battery. Whether Ola has such a motor controller is to be seen.

Also no electric scooter in India has a liquid cooled pack. Considering the KW of the motor it doesn't need that and when its going to use the maximum kw of the motor, its assumed the vehicle is traveling at a high rate of speed. Even in a ICE car the fans in the radiator stop because the incoming air at that speed is more then what a fan can provide.
DIY410 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 18:15   #759
BHPian

As one of the early birds, received notification for a test ride. I registered for the 1st day of this test ride. Venue was Prestige Cube near to Forum Mall, Bengaluru.

Negatives:
1) Switch gears felt tacky like remote control buttons and looks like it won't age gracefully.

2) The side foot pegs can be opened only with hand, if it's folded in completely.

3) The Mirrors are fixed with a single nut the traditional way and not how Ather has.

4) Minimalistic approach in design could be a hit or miss.

Positives:

1) Good Ride and Handling for a scooter of this size.

2) Touchscreen is very well crafted and with IP67 and scratch resistant finish looks to be the centre of attraction.

3) Lot of customisation options from horn sound to display.

4) You can switch off the AOH to only DRL mode during daytime.

5) XXL size storage space to accommodate 2 half face helmets or 1 full face and 1 half face or 1 full face and 1 portable charger.

6) Initially they made helmet as mandatory, now it's optional. Good move

7) Decent size tubeless Tyres.

8) Sport Mode is itself sporty enough and since Hypermode was disabled couldn't test it.

9) Good visibility range of RVM's

10) Ride Height should be comfortable for most, but those above 6 feet might find it difficult.

11) 220mm and 180 Disc Brakes at front and rear provides good braking experience.

And here are some pics from the Test Ride and Demo session:
Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-img_20211112_155400.jpg

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-img_20211112_161327.jpg

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-img_20211112_163123.jpg

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-img_20211112_163259.jpg

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-img_20211112_163309.jpg

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-img_20211112_163317.jpg

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-img_20211112_164144.jpg

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-img_20211112_164130.jpg

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-img_20211112_161357__01.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 15th November 2021 at 05:09. Reason: As requested
soumobakshi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 09:06   #760
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday afternoon, I received a call from one Mr. Prateek who introduced himself as an OLA employee and he wanted to speak to me about my review post above. He said he read this post of mine and felt sorry for the miscommunication at the test ride event. He told me that since the embargo were there for the media rides two days before the test rides for everyone, some of the executives had told me the same thing but there was no real embargo for us.

He told that if he knew that I would be coming, he would've arranged a proper demo...wow! that was flattering!

I thanked him for the call and told him that I can understand these small lapses and I just wrote my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I think these two spoil it for me. Do you mean there is no regenerative braking? Is there any engine braking when you close the throttle but don't touch the brake?
There was no Engine Braking whatsoever when I leave the throttle. It just cruised along. Atleast his was how it was in my scooter. I initially thought may be the charge was too high and that might be the reason for not having Engine braking (because in Ather there is no regenerative braking above 84%). But my test mule had less than 80% charge. It is a basic thing to have in an EV and I can't understand why Ola have not provided this.

Quote:
I won't definitely like the engine dying on me whenever I touch the brakes.
It does get irritating; I wonder how Ola performed the burnouts shown in their promotional videos! There must be an option to turn it off I guess.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th November 2021 at 14:49. Reason: Corrected as requested. Thanks.
hemanth.anand is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 09:33   #761
Team-BHP Support

My brief conclusion from reading some of the member reviews is that higher range in the Ola aside, the Ather is a superior product overall to the Ola S1 / S1 Pro, however at a price that makes the Ola more attractive in comparison.

Would that be a fair summary?

@Hemanth: since you have good perspective of both products, any thoughts from you in particular?
Axe77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 10:05   #762
BHPian

Indicators are one area that I feel these EV manufacturers should follow the traditional way of indicator implementation. I've seen a similiar implementation on the Chetak EV, and I feel offering buttons for indicators is a stupid move. On the Chetak, the implementation was far worse, as the left indicator is on the left side and the right indicator is on the right side. Name:  images 17.jpeg
Views: 375
Size:  26.7 KB

Name:  images 16.jpeg
Views: 372
Size:  23.6 KB

I feel Ola is purely banking on the pre release hype and response they've received. From what I've seen and read, vehicles offered for the test ride are worse than the V1 Harrier that was offered for media drives (read flimsy and uneven build throughout). Atleast from the pictures, the scooter doesn't look premium. Ather and Chetak are in a different league itself in terms of build and fit & finish.

If someone is in the market for an EV for immediate purchase, I would recommend the Ather for moderate-high speed usage and the Pure Energy EV for low speed usage. My uncle has one for town usage, and for the price I feel it does its job in a perfect manner.

Overall, I feel Ola is still some time away to achieve a thoroughly finished product with all of the niggles ironed out.

Last edited by saikishor : 15th November 2021 at 10:09.
saikishor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 10:54   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Took a test ride of the Ola S1Pro Yesterday and here is my experience
Nicely covered initial impressions!

Have a couple of doubts which I'm not sure if they've been answered before. Someone who have done the test drive, please clarify these:

1. I've never seen a motorcycle with a single front fork, does it have any changes in the way it behaves? compared to the conventional dual forks in the feel and feedback while braking, cornering and in high speed stability

2. how does it pair to our smartphones? if it is via bluetooth, after how far does the scooty turns off?
Because, if we just park it and don't manually turn off(which is making me anxious), and let's say we stepped out for buying stuff from a street vendor, I doubt we'll be outside the bluetooth range and isn't there a possibility that it could be stolen? and even if the engine cuts off power if the smartphone goes out of range, won't it pose a risk?

3. Regarding the brake-accelerator cut-off, yes, I use them combined(clutch-accelerator actually) so that the engine puts more torque on the wheels in inclines and tougher situations, but since EVs are instant torque(I've never ridden an EV, just theoretical knowledge) won't it be pointless to rev and brake at the same time(I'm assuming the throttle response is weak enough to use brake simultaneously to reduce the acceleration during scenarios like traffic for example)?

Also, is it easy and equally fun to transition from a 20hp high revving 6-speed ice to an ev like ola s1 pro?

Thanks!

Quote:

There was no Engine Braking whatsoever when I leave the throttle. It just cruised along. Atleast his was how it was in my scooter.

It does get irritating
I hope this is only in the pre-production unit and the actual production ones atleast has engine braking for safety if not regen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post
Many Ice scooters comes with fiber/abs bodies Dio, Aviator etc.
True! My old duke 200 and the current r15v3 are completely ABS apart from the frame and essential bits. They're more flexible than steel, cheaper, weigh less(better economy and performance) and doesn't rust with time. Also, they're stronger than one can think since they're flexible, they don't break easily when dropped at very low speeds

Last edited by shravansp24 : 15th November 2021 at 11:14.
Old 15th November 2021, 10:58   #764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There was no Engine Braking whatsoever when I leave the throttle. It just cruised along. Atleast his was how it was in my scooter. I initially thought may be the charge was too high and that might be the reason for not having Engine braking (because in Ather there is no regenerative braking above 84%). But my test mule had less than 80% charge. It is a basic thing to have in an EV and I can't understand why Ola have not provided this.

It does get irritating
1) Do you feel engine braking in the Ather 450, or is this a common trait of all EVs?

2) Does the engine die in the Ather too when you apply the brakes? A friend tells me all EV bikes have this issue. I have not driven any EV so far, 2 wheeler or 4. Not even travelled in one.

It seems what is being given for test rides is not a finished product. More like WIP. It is wrong. What the customer test rides should be the same vehicle he will get when he takes delivery. How can we take a leap of faith that all the bugs will be fixed when we pay full money and take delivery? What if they aren't?

Last edited by Gansan : 15th November 2021 at 11:24. Reason: Add content.
Gansan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 11:40   #765
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
My brief conclusion from reading some of the member reviews is that higher range in the Ola aside, the Ather is a superior product overall to the Ola S1 / S1 Pro, however at a price that makes the Ola more attractive in comparison.

Would that be a fair summary?
Yes, that would be a fair summary.

Quote:
@Hemanth: since you have good perspective of both products, any thoughts from you in particular?
Disclaimer: My thoughts about Ola are purely from the test ride
Ola has Range Top speed and pricing (for now) advantage.
Ather is better engineered with good ride quality, build quality to it's advantage. I wish either one of it or both came with an ABS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
Indicators are one area that I feel these EV manufacturers should follow the traditional way of indicator implementation. I've seen a similiar implementation on the Chetak EV, and I feel offering buttons for indicators is a stupid move. On the Chetak, the implementation was far worse, as the left indicator is on the left side and the right indicator is on the right side.
True, some things are best left unchanged. I don't know how some of these things make it to the production floor.

Quote:
I feel Ola is purely banking on the pre release hype and response they've received. From what I've seen and read, vehicles offered for the test ride are worse than the V1 Harrier that was offered for media drives (read flimsy and uneven build throughout). Atleast from the pictures, the scooter doesn't look premium. Ather and Chetak are in a different league itself in terms of build and fit & finish.

If someone is in the market for an EV for immediate purchase, I would recommend the Ather for moderate-high speed usage and the Pure Energy EV for low speed usage. My uncle has one for town usage, and for the price I feel it does its job in a perfect manner.

Overall, I feel Ola is still some time away to achieve a thoroughly finished product with all of the niggles ironed out.
True. That would be my suggestion too. The usage pattern and personal preferences should dictate which scooter to buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravansp24 View Post
Nicely covered initial impressions!

Have a couple of doubts which I'm not sure if they've been answered before. Someone who have done the test drive, please clarify these:

1. I've never seen a motorcycle with a single front fork, does it have any changes in the way it behaves? compared to the conventional dual forks in the feel and feedback while braking, cornering and in high speed stability
Even I feel it'll not be good at high speeds but we'll have to see real world perfomances. In city speeds it was acceptable.

Quote:
2. how does it pair to our smartphones? if it is via bluetooth, after how far does the scooty turns off?
Because, if we just park it and don't manually turn off(which is making me anxious), and let's say we stepped out for buying stuff from a street vendor, I doubt we'll be outside the bluetooth range and isn't there a possibility that it could be stolen? and even if the engine cuts off power if the smartphone goes out of range, won't it pose a risk?
Ola still have many unanswered questions...a couple that I feel is most important:
Will the free subscription be for life?
What if my phone runs out of charge or I lose it...how does one start vehicle?

We have to see how this pans out in the next days.

Quote:
3. Regarding the brake-accelerator cut-off, yes, I use them combined(clutch-accelerator actually) so that the engine puts more torque on the wheels in inclines and tougher situations, but since EVs are instant torque(I've never ridden an EV, just theoretical knowledge) won't it be pointless to rev and brake at the same time(I'm assuming the throttle response is weak enough to use brake simultaneously to reduce the acceleration during scenarios like traffic for example)?
It's not about revving to get torque. it's totally dead when you even tap the brake slightly and acceleration delay is present which makes it touch to inch forward in traffic

Quote:
Also, is it easy and equally fun to transition from a 20hp high revving 6-speed ice to an ev like ola s1 pro?
With regards to Ather, Chetak or Ola the transition is easy. Some EV ways of riding can be learnt after some days of usage which will help in extracting more range without compromising on ride quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
1) Do you feel engine braking in the Ather 450, or is this a common trait of all EVs?
below 84% battery, we can surely feel the engine braking. The regenerative braking gets more aggressive as battery percentage goes down. we can even ride without braking at speed breakers just by using regenerative braking.

Quote:
2) Does the engine die in the Ather too when you apply the brakes? A friend tells me all EV bikes have this issue. I have not driven any EV so far, 2 wheeler or 4. Not even travelled in one.
Not in Ather, I've not ridden too many of the many chinese EVs. One ride in an Okinawa was enough for me to not touch those anymore
hemanth.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed