Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2021, 10:00   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
The reason the OLA scooter is so exciting is that it is a beautifully thought out design using an out of box approach, rather than simply adapting EV drivetrain to a traditional scooter package.
I like lot of things in this scooter and definitely interested. My only gripe right now is the hump on the footboard, an area which I use to carry lot of stuff on our Activa. But this has massive under seat storage so I don't think it should be a deal breaker. Now we wait for the price which hopefully undercuts likes of Chetak and Ather etc.
Old 20th July 2021, 10:23   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
I like lot of things in this scooter and definitely interested. My only gripe right now is the hump on the footboard, an area which I use to carry lot of stuff on our Activa. But this has massive under seat storage so I don't think it should be a deal breaker. Now we wait for the price which hopefully undercuts likes of Chetak and Ather etc.
Technically ola can brag 50ltr storage but we all know how much load we are used to carrying on the footboard in india

I am also very much sold on this but waiting for the specs and real world impressions to be out. But must give it to Ola for smart marketing and creating the buzz.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 10:46   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

The front look of the scooter resembles the robot character 'Eva' from the famous movie Wall-E . Looks refreshing
sagarpadaki is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 15:22   #124
BHPian

Just watched Varun Dubey's (Marketing head, Ola) interview on CNBC.
Highlights:

•One variant will be launched in the coming days. Many products will be offered in the future in various ranges.

•Company trying to digitalise sales. Will be mostly sold directly to the customers. Company will set up a separate logistics unit for this.

•Company is working on a Hypercharger network which will have around 1L charging points.

•The scooter will be of good quality and will be priced aggressively. Company wants to promote mass adoption of EVs. They want to make sure it is priced such that more people can go for electric.

•They are also working on electric bikes and 4 wheelers.

•Sales will not be limited to only certain cities at the time of launch. They will try to reach every city possible.

•Claims that the range, acceleration will be best in class.

Last edited by udaikalra01 : 20th July 2021 at 15:33.
udaikalra01 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 15:48   #125
BHPian

Wow, that's a very inviting offer.
I also might book one in the near future.
An electric scooter has its own conveniences, the topmost one being its light weight. Charging will be convenient from the domestic AC outlets. City rides, especially trips to the grocer will be quite comfortable. The more I think about it, the more tempting it looks.
sureshkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 17:07   #126
BHPian

I am also contemplating to book Ola just to experience the EV but only after the 6 months of launch. I do not want to enroll in their beta testing program by spending close to 1 Lakh.
Not sure, if it can be good replacement for Vespa Sport. Did Ola confirm on assisting to create charging point in apartment society from individual electric meter?

Or it can be good purchase for my father to replace 15 year old Activa, it makes more sense to replace Activa with Ola.
Old 20th July 2021, 17:50   #127
BHPian

Looks like the prices will start from 85k

ola-electric-scooter-price-starts-from-rs-85000
Old 21st July 2021, 15:55   #128
Senior - BHPian

Ola to deliver e-scooters to your doorstep

Ola Electric is all set to launch its first electric scooter in the Indian market. Now, a new report has revealed that the company will employ a totally unconventional sales model.

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-e6p9dqveaorcx_.jpg

The report states that Ola Electric will deliver their electric scooters straight to the customer's doorstep. The company will not have traditional dealerships. For after-sales support, Ola will send technicians to the customer's residence.

As part of this 'direct-to-customer' sales model, everything from bookings, documentation and loan applications will be done online. Ola is also setting up a separate logistics department that will oversee the process of registration and delivery.

Now, a direct-to-customer sales model is nothing new, but Ola will be the first to execute it on such a large scale. It would save a lot of resources that would've otherwise gone into setting up an extensive retail chain. Besides, the company will be able to cater to almost any location in the country.

Source: First Post

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 21st July 2021 at 16:00.
TusharK is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 16:22   #129
Senior - BHPian

The booking page has delivery at doorstep, I thought this is going to happen. Tesla does it for their cars, it's very easy to do for scooters, you need to book an appointment through the app and tell the issue, they will come to your preferred location and complete the job. Only concern is test drives, where can I get the test drives before buying.
SKC-auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 16:43   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishulpani View Post
Booked one just in case they deliver on the hype. amount got deducted and then the site crashed. No confirmation, nothing. Raised support request. Awaiting reply/resolution.
Same here. Raised a request @ support. Let's see.
Old 21st July 2021, 17:40   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Same here. Raised a request @ support. Let's see.
After almost 2 days they closed the ticket saying that the amount will be refunded in 5-7 days and that I can try booking again. Pretty bad experience from the start
Old 21st July 2021, 21:22   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS_RE650 View Post
Did Ola confirm on assisting to create charging point in apartment society from individual electric meter?

Or it can be good purchase for my father to replace 15 year old Activa, it makes more sense to replace Activa with Ola.
I think one can remove the batteries easily and charge them inside their homes. This overcomes the biggest challenge for prospective EV owners who live in high rise buildings/flats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Ola to deliver e-scooters to your doorstep

Ola Electric is all set to launch its first electric scooter in the Indian market. Now, a new report has revealed that the company will employ a totally unconventional sales model.

Attachment 2181970

Now, a direct-to-customer sales model is nothing new, but Ola will be the first to execute it on such a large scale. It would save a lot of resources that would've otherwise gone into setting up an extensive retail chain. Besides, the company will be able to cater to almost any location in the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
The booking page has delivery at doorstep, I thought this is going to happen. Tesla does it for their cars, it's very easy to do for scooters, you need to book an appointment through the app and tell the issue, they will come to your preferred location and complete the job. Only concern is test drives, where can I get the test drives before buying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishulpani View Post
After almost 2 days they closed the ticket saying that the amount will be refunded in 5-7 days and that I can try booking again. Pretty bad experience from the start
On paper this is entirely possible. Have customer experience/test drive stalls set up at popular locations like malls, movie theatres, tourist attractions etc...

A vast network of delivery vehicles with perhaps staff outsourced from the cab service. At home servicing is entirely feasible as well as wastage is minimal, no oil change, no old filters etc...

So all if this is feasible and saves them time/investment rather than go down the traditional dealership route, followed by launch in tier 1 cities first then later in phase two expand network etc. Digital gives all India presence without the hassle.

BUT the scale of the task ahead is massive and a undergo a huge learning curve that no other auto manufacturer has experienced before in India. I hope they are really prepared and deliver. That said I will not be surprised seeing hiccups in the initial months.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 21:47   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I think one can remove the batteries easily and charge them inside their homes. This overcomes the biggest challenge for prospective EV owners who live in high rise buildings/flats.
Sadly, doesn't look like it has detachable batteries. That would've been the biggest selling point but wasn't included in the teaser. Also, it has a charging port at the rear which Etergo didn't have. They are already working on nation-wide charging infrastructure so I don't think detachable batteries will be on offer.
Old 21st July 2021, 22:05   #134
BHPian

Does this bike require registration? If so how the delivery to home and registration works?
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 22:05   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaikalra01 View Post
Sadly, doesn't look like it has detachable batteries. That would've been the biggest selling point but wasn't included in the teaser. Also, it has a charging port at the rear which Etergo didn't have. They are already working on nation-wide charging infrastructure so I don't think detachable batteries will be on offer.
I can see your reasoning, absolutely no clue anywhere by OLA regarding removable batteries. If true this would be sad news, the entire Ertego design revolves around the novel swappable batteries. I hope OLA retains this design feature, atleast in the top variants.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks