Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2021, 07:44   #496
BHPian

Re: Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999

Advance payment to confirm the purchase is open now. A few observations:
  • The booking/advance payment can be completed only via OLA mobile app and not on Ola electric website
  • On OLA app home screen you'll see an option to start the purchase process
  • Once you have selected the model and color, you can enter your name (as per Aadhar) and delivery address etc., you'll be redirected to select insurance
  • You also have an option to skip the insurance but will have to purchase and upload policy document prior to the shipment
  • You have an option to include zero depreciation insurance and OLA's default insurance partner is ICICI Lombard
  • A Helmet is added by default and we have an option for roadside assistance as well
  • The total price for the scooter is shown without any subsidy (Rs. 1,29,999), any applicable subsidy needs to be claimed separately
  • The advance booking amount for S1 Pro is Rs. 20,000
  • Soon after paying the advance, received the text and email with confirmation and receipt
  • OLA will update on the delivery schedule within 72 hours

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-ola_booking.jpg

Last edited by techdarshan : 15th September 2021 at 08:11. Reason: additional point on helmet and roadside assistance
techdarshan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 08:04   #497
BHPian

Booked my S1 Pro at 7:10am.

It comes to around 1.51L including insurance at Trivandrum, Kerala. (No EV subsidy in Kerala)
Old 15th September 2021, 08:23   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
No EV subsidy in Kerala
Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-capture.jpg

Ola says the above including EV subsidy. Since KL (or TN) is not specifically mentioned, the price including EV subsidy is Rs 99,999 & Rs 129,999. If, as an individual, if you're forgoing the subsidy then the price for S1 Pro is 1.5L & S1 is around 1.35L.

If you may ask why should an individual forgo a subsidy? There're 2 reasons I can think off...
1. They already have claimed FAME-2 subsidy through some other EV such as Ather. Note that FAME-2 subsidy is applicable for 1st time purchase of any individual
2. Despite Ola EV being first purchase, they can forgo the FAME-2 so as to claim FAME-2 subsidy for other EV, such as Nexon EV etc.
aargee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 08:28   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Bookings opened in Ola cab app.

Attachment 2207319
Not getting this book scooter in the Ola app . Has it got to do with the date of booking as I booked on 16th July only

Cant login through the ola electric website as it doesn't accept the OTP itself. what a waste of time.
Old 15th September 2021, 08:30   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
Not getting this book scooter in the Ola app . Has it got to do with the date of booking as I booked on 16th July only
Edit - you're right; I tend to assume the app shows the payment menu selectively; and yes, app response has become tad slow for last 20 min or so

Quote:
Cant login through the ola electric website as it doesn't accept the OTP itself. what a waste of time.
OET website is nearly disabled from 7:50 Am & Ola was clear enough to communicate that the advance amount is to be paid via Ola app only.

Last edited by aargee : 15th September 2021 at 08:34.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 08:35   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
2. Despite Ola EV being first purchase, they can forgo the FAME-2 so as to claim FAME-2 subsidy for other EV, such as Nexon EV etc.
I think FAME subsidy is allowed once for EV two wheeler and once for EV car.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 08:36   #502
BHPian

Booked an S1 Pro in white. No subsidies in Uttarakhand. Although something was announced the other day by the state govt.

Didn’t opt for their insurance plan.

They’re taking Rs 749 for a helmet, might be making money on it considering an entry level Studds is billed for less than that to dealers.

App was sluggish and took multiple attempts. I haven’t gotten a confirmatory email but I have gotten an SMS.

Rest as per the excellent posts above.
Old 15th September 2021, 08:39   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Pls check if your Ola app has the latest updates; and yes, app response has become tad slow for last 20 min or so

OET website is nearly disabled from 7:50 Am & Ola was clear enough to communicate that the advance amount is to be paid via Ola app only.
Seems like am in the latest version of the Ola App only as it doesn't prompt any update if i try to open from Playstore. The only possibility is they must have enabled for those people who booked earlier than me. They could have given clarity on the booking queue number which is hard to decipher from the booking ID.
muni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 08:42   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I think FAME subsidy is allowed once for EV two wheeler and once for EV car.
Yes Sir, you're partially right; FAME-2 is applicable only for two-wheelers, not for cars.

Quote:
they must have enabled for those people who booked earlier than me
Yes, possible
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 09:25   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
they must have enabled for those people who booked earlier than me
Just came across this in my junk email, so you're right!! Like you said, they could've communicated this during last 1 week clearly. Right now it appears the app has been flooded & having hard time reaching the servers...just like last Wednesday!!

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-capture.jpg
Old 15th September 2021, 09:25   #506
BANNED

I booked on Aug 04th. I am unable to see any booking link in the Ola ride-booking App.
And looks like the scooter website is down.

Reading the above posts looks like I will be able to book the scooter only in the coming days.
Old 15th September 2021, 09:26   #507
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, possible
Checked the Ola electric twitter account and found people have made payment now even though their booking was later than mine. Uninstalled the ola app , Re installed and it showed the Ola scooter booking option. Made the payment of 20K and chose my own insurance.

One thing that's annoying is ithe S1 Pro is 20K cheaper in Gujrat than in karnataka. Feels like daylight robbery for the non Delhi, Gujrat and Maharastra ones who get to avail good subsidies.

What kind of equality is this in a progressive state like karnataka

Last edited by muni : 15th September 2021 at 09:31.
Old 15th September 2021, 09:27   #508
BHPian

The traffic has breached the Ola server capacity again looks like. It’s (the Ola S1 booking option on the app) been disabled altogether for everyone looks like. ��
Old 15th September 2021, 09:31   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What kind of equality is this in a progressive state like karnataka
Sir, you forget KA, the world's largest scooter factory is located in TN, employs over 10K folks, yet you see the TN govt's subsidy!!

I think the TN govt (and others adopting 99,999) is passing the benefits (probably in form of tax, land etc.) to Ola rather than the end customers.
Old 15th September 2021, 09:37   #510

Quote:
One thing that's annoying is ithe S1 Pro is 20K cheaper in Gujrat than in karnataka. Feels like daylight robbery for the non Delhi, Gujrat and Maharastra ones who get to avail good subsidies.
They are not reflecting the correct subsidy for Maharashtra yet. It still shows Rs 5000 as subsidy which is to be claimed by the customer later. As per the new policy, the manufacturer needs to claim it & it has also increased to 10k with an additional 15k for early buyers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed