Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2021, 09:41   #511
BHPian

Re: Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Sir, you forget KA, the world's largest scooter factory is located in TN, employs over 10K folks, yet you see the TN govt's subsidy!!

I think the TN govt (and others adopting 99,999) is passing the benefits (probably in form of tax, land etc.) to Ola rather than the end customers.

You are right and its unfortunate that governments are not trying to encourage tier 1 cities atleast to adopt electric scooters by giving incentives where the 2 wheeler densities are on the higher side. One nation one procing is also welcome though but you will have transportation logistics costs that's difficult to account for!!

Incase of Tamil Naadu, I think they are offsetting the loss in revenue due to manufacturing subsidies via sales of the scooters only.
muni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 11:30   #512
BHPian

I had the choice of booking in TN or KA and neither had good subsidy. It's very unfortunate that both the southern states do not think it important to offer subsidies to promote electric.
One hosts the company and the other hosts the factory.

Finally booked the Ola S1 pro in KA. I didn't even attempt booking earlier. Tried around 10 30 am when a notification came on the app and got done in less than a minute without any fuss like last time.
srivibhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 11:31   #513
Senior - BHPian

So the delivery date is between October 25th and November 25th, I found someone who got same delivery dates with delivery location being a tier 2 city(Vizianagaram) which is 50kms away from Vizag. So, I guess they are delivering across India from the start.
Old 15th September 2021, 12:25   #514
BHPian

Advance/ Purchase experience- OLA
=============

1) Got the message/sms from OLA at around 7:47 AM (15th Sept) that Scooter is ready to be booked.
2) Logged in to OLA app around 8:00 AM thinking it will allow to book only after 8:00 as advised ( Found out later that people could book as soon as they got the message)
3) Was unable to find the booking link in OLA App
4) Uninstalled and re-installed the OLA app few times.
5) Got the link / banner to click to purchase around 8:30 AM
6) Now while clicking the link, my reservations won't show up !
7) Mailed Ola customer support.
8) Another 10 min of wait - Got the page to pay the rest and choose insurance.
9) Payment confirmation and other details were mailed ASAP.
10) Delivery date mentioned in the mail is between Nov 1st to Nov 30th. Bangalore. (Reserved on 15th July)

Hopefully they will keep the promised dates of delivery.

I am still awaiting answers to the following questions from OLA

1) Will the scooter supports Regenerative breaking feature?
2) Do we have sufficient vents on the scooter to dissipate heat. Heard that is going to be a problem if we go past 50Km/hr. Not sure though!
3) Can we secure the portable charger while charging at unknown basements / apartment complexes. Can we lock and charge like Bajaj Chetak ? (Most important for me - Make or break deal )
4) Etergo scooter was designed for European conditions. Have we tested the parallel suspension enough on Indian roads and what is the experience. !
5) What kind of cooling system is employed to cool the battery pack ?

Despite of all these questions , I have gone ahead and paid the advance.
Will wait for answers during the test drive phase after wards will decide to proceed with the rest of the payment or cancel !
pradeepkm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 13:35   #515
BHPian

Here’s something about the amount of churn in Ola electric’s leadership. Aggarwal seems to be a little Elon-esque.
Attached Thumbnails
Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-f2ad0a04e10e46199292a3037d069e96.jpeg  

Vikram9193 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 14:06   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Attachment 2207323

Ola says the above including EV subsidy. Since KL (or TN) is not specifically mentioned, the price including EV subsidy is Rs 99,999 & Rs 129,999. If, as an individual, if you're forgoing the subsidy then the price for S1 Pro is 1.5L & S1 is around 1.35L.

If you may ask why should an individual forgo a subsidy? There're 2 reasons I can think off...
1. They already have claimed FAME-2 subsidy through some other EV such as Ather. Note that FAME-2 subsidy is applicable for 1st time purchase of any individual
2. Despite Ola EV being first purchase, they can forgo the FAME-2 so as to claim FAME-2 subsidy for other EV, such as Nexon EV etc.
The answer to your query is in your post itself. I am not talking about (or forgoing) FAME 2 subsidy, but the subsidy given by the States like Delhi, Gujarat, Maharashtra and Rajasthan.
Old 15th September 2021, 15:07   #517
Senior - BHPian

My BIL and I paid the Rs 500 advance on the same day. He is now frantic to book his scooter and called me it is not possible for him to book thro the app. I told him to wait till the first batch of scooters reach the customers and some real world usage data is out. I am going to do the same.

My Y2k Splendor currently runs 650 km from a full tank to reserve. It won't be possible to renew FC again, though that is 4 rears away. It is not giving any trouble. I will wait for six months.
Old 15th September 2021, 17:10   #518
BHPian

This website seems to have updated data on EV state subsidies

Link

Please double check with official sources too.
Old 15th September 2021, 18:07   #519
Senior - BHPian

Ours is scheduled to be delivered between 1st - 31st December. Hopefully we'll hear some feedback by then.

Really hoping to see this venture do well.
Old 15th September 2021, 18:30   #520
Senior - BHPian

Looks like OLA is considering setting up dealerships!
Attached Images

Old 15th September 2021, 18:37   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techdarshan View Post
On OLA app home screen you'll see an option to start the purchase process
I don't see any such option on the app home screen. The app seems to be latest, I am unable to update it. Anyone else facing this?
Old 15th September 2021, 19:00   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I don't see any such option on the app home screen. The app seems to be latest, I am unable to update it. Anyone else facing this?
If you've got an email today to make the 20k/25k payment, you should see that card on the app. If not, uninstall and reinstall the app and you'll see it.
Old 15th September 2021, 20:11   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I had booked for an S1 on 23rd July . Today morning I was not able to find any such booking option for the scooter on the Ola app and was showing only the taxi and the food apps.

Just got the mail that its open for me now and when logged to the Ola app, was able to complete the booking seamlessly. The balance amount has to be paid by 25th October and the delivery is scheduled between 1st and 25th December .

I think Ola should probably announce the batch dates according to their booking dates as people who have booked earlier would be anxious about their payment slots.
Old 15th September 2021, 20:41   #524
BHPian

Got the link on mail and as a pop-up notification in the Ola app.

Booked the S1 pro without insurance. I would prefer to purchase the insurance separately. They have added a helmet mandatorily for 1200 ish into the scooter cost. I will have to cancel the helmet during the final payments. I was asked to pay INR20k

The delivery of the scooter will be between 1st to 31st December if I proceed with the rest of the payments.

I had originally booked paying 499 on Aug 04th. I am assuming they are trying to cover the rest of the booking by EOD tomorrow.
Old 15th September 2021, 22:23   #525
BHPian

In a recent tweet, they have claimed that they are selling 4 scooters each second. Which for me, isn't believable at all. Even for 8 hour sales, that's 115k units sold. Numbers just don't look believable to me. Whole EV 2 wheeler market size is less than 120k units per year, just for comparison.

But don't get me wrong, please. If they are really getting those numbers it's brilliant! Really setting an example for the world if true.

Last edited by udaikalra01 : 15th September 2021 at 22:26.
udaikalra01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks