Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2021, 00:34   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
If you've got an email today to make the 20k/25k payment, you should see that card on the app. If not, uninstall and reinstall the app and you'll see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
I had booked for an S1 on 23rd July .
I had booked on 16th July. I have received an sms with a link last night around 9 pm. I click on the link and it takes me to the Ola ap, but I don't see the booking card. I have reintalled the app but still no luck. The link does not show up.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 07:41   #527
Team-BHP Support

Does anyone know off hand what’s the final on road retail price for the S1 Pro in Mumbai MH after applying the recently live MH EV policy?

Thank you.
Old 16th September 2021, 09:17   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
It is priced currently at ₹94,999 in MH. This will become ₹74,999 once the policy implementation is completed. Early bird subsidy of ₹15,000 is valid for vehicles registered on or before Dec 31,2021 only. So, from 01.01.2022, it will become ₹89,999 in MH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Does anyone know off hand what’s the final on road retail price for the S1 Pro in Mumbai MH after applying the recently live MH EV policy?

Thank you.
The ex-showroom price for the S1 Pro will be ₹104,999 till Dec 31, 2021. Add around ₹10,000 (some hundreds of rupees plus or minus) to that for insurance, registration charges, handling charges and mandatory helmet. So the current OTR for S1 for Mumbai will be ₹115,000... The cheapest in the country.

After Dec 31, 2021, the early bird incentive of ₹15,000 will be stopped and ex-showroom will be ₹119,999 and the OTR will be ₹130,000.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 16th September 2021 at 09:20.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 10:10   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I had booked on 16th July. I have received an sms with a link last night around 9 pm. I click on the link and it takes me to the Ola ap, but I don't see the booking card. I have reintalled the app but still no luck. The link does not show up.
Same here. Un-install, reinstall hasn't helped. My pin code is a small town, I'm not sure if that is a problem since it doesn't show any error. They have a whole website set-up but purchase is forced via app. I despise this trend of forcing the app down customers throat.
I'm ready to pay, just take my money please but no wait!! Install our app first thank you.
amol4184 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 10:16   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaikalra01 View Post
In a recent tweet, they have claimed that they are selling 4 scooters each second. Which for me, isn't believable at all. Even for 8 hour sales, that's 115k units sold. Numbers just don't look believable to me. Whole EV 2 wheeler market size is less than 120k units per year, just for comparison.
Estimating the potential EV market based on the current sales is futile. Till now, we only have companies selling locally assembled Chinese scooters with lead-acid batteries or very small lithium-ion batteries with cheap materials. Ather 450x, Bajaj Chetak, TVS iQube are the only vehicles with decent range, bigger battery, good performance, and all these are released in early 2020. Ather 450 was released much earlier but availability is very limited with low volumes.

It has been almost 2 years since these 3 vehicles were released and the availability is very low due to limited production capacity. It is understandable for a startup like Ather which has limited funds, but Bajaj and TVS are very slow in expanding the production for the last 2 years. Only now they are starting to expand to more cities but are still available in less than 10 cities.

Most importantly, despite huge subsidies from the central govt, much lower GST (5% vs 28% for ICE), road tax waivers, all these 3 scooters are priced much higher than the petrol scooters. With higher prices, these became niche products. Tata is selling more Nexon EV cars than Bajaj Chetak and TVS iQube each month. Bajaj increased the price from 1.1 lakhs to 1.5 lakhs that too with increased FAME II subsidies.

Ola priced their scooters much lower than the competition. Ola S1 base variant has much better performance, similar or bigger battery than Chetak or Ather 450x but costs Rs 40,000 to 50,000 lower than those. Even S1 pro with a 30% bigger battery and higher performance costs Rs 10,000 to 15,000 lesser than these vehicles. Also, unlike Ather or Bajaj, Ola is delivering their scooters all over the country including rural areas. Their production capacity is much bigger and will be as high as Hero motocorp in the next 2-3 years. With absurd in petrol costs, even for those with limited daily usage of 30km or less, the monthly petrol costs itself covers the EMI of Ola S1.

I strongly believe Ola S1 pro potential market is 95% of the current 2 wheeler scooter market. If Ola delivers on the quality, service aspects, it will take significant market share from the traditional companies in the next 2-3 years.
sri_tesla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 10:50   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
With absurd in petrol costs, even for those with limited daily usage of 30km or less, the monthly petrol costs itself covers the EMI of Ola S1
Absolutely right; this is true only for S1, not even for S1 Pro. In states like GJ & RJ, OTR price of S1 beats outright the other end of spectrum scooters like NTorq, Activa 125 & thereof & one can reap the benefit from day 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
I strongly believe Ola S1 pro potential market is 95% of the current 2 wheeler scooter market. If Ola delivers on the quality, service aspects, it will take significant market share from the traditional companies in the next 2-3 years.
I feel S1 will be the best seller due to the cost factor & expecting a 100 Km range in real world suits well for a daily commuter.
Old 16th September 2021, 11:08   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaikalra01 View Post
In a recent tweet, they have claimed that they are selling 4 scooters each second. Which for me, isn't believable at all. Even for 8 hour sales, that's 115k units sold. Numbers just don't look believable to me. Whole EV 2 wheeler market size is less than 120k units per year, just for comparison.
Poor comparison, the fact is that there isn't a single decent vfm EV two wheeler that has pan India presence.

TVS & Bajaj: only available in 2-3 cities with very limited supply/long waiting periods. Most importantly, no national footprint.

Ather: Expensive and only available in a handful of Tier 1 cities.

Okinawa, Hero, chinese kit assemblers: Substandard products with national presence.

It's stunning that despite having really no choice, 120k electric two wheelers are sold annually in India during the current climate. This is an open goalpost for a capable new entrant.

Last edited by shortbread : 16th September 2021 at 11:10.
Old 16th September 2021, 11:42   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Same here. Un-install, reinstall hasn't helped. My pin code is a small town, I'm not sure if that is a problem since it doesn't show any error. They have a whole website set-up but purchase is forced via app. I despise this trend of forcing the app down customers throat.
I'm ready to pay, just take my money please but no wait!! Install our app first thank you.
Is there any email id or phone number to inform Ola about this? I don't see any and it is irritating.
Old 16th September 2021, 11:55   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Is there any email id or phone number to inform Ola about this? I don't see any and it is irritating.
I did communicate with them in below email id to enquire about Ola scooter delivery priority etc.

support@olaelectric.com
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 12:00   #535
BHPian

Just got a push notification from Ola app claiming that they have sold Ola scooters worth 600 Crores under 24 hours!

That would mean they have
--> Sold 40K scooters if we consider average price to be 1.5L
--> Sold 48K scooters if we consider average price to be 1.25L

Isn't that just mind boggling!
Old 16th September 2021, 12:23   #536
Senior - BHPian

I suspect a payment block shortly, followed by a price hike before reopening bookings once again.
shortbread is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 12:35   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I suspect a payment block shortly, followed by a price hike before reopening bookings once again.
You should be absolutely right!!
Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-unnamed.jpg
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 12:41   #538
BHPian

Is it worth plonking in the money for the scooter? I am just a bit skeptical as there hasn't been a single test drive of this scooter. Considering that it is also heavily software reliant, I hope they've put things together well.
Old 16th September 2021, 12:42   #539
Senior - BHPian

I too have received a similar message.

In fact, I have received regular reminders since yesterday morning and wonder why they keep sending such reminders if they already have sold so many scooters in one day?
+

While writing this, just received one from Ola:

Ola Scooter purchase window closes today! Purchase as the introductory price. Few hours to go..

Last edited by nairrk : 16th September 2021 at 12:45.
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 13:03   #540
BHPian

Anyone able to purchase it in Mumbai? I get a message stating "Deliveries yet to open in Mumbai"
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks