Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Old 19th October 2021, 22:42   #151
BHPian

Default Re: Honda CB500X launched at Rs. 6.87 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
[*]This is purely based on my eyesight - I wear glasses and the visor was kinda playing with my vision, enough to give me a headache. Maybe, I'll get used to this as I've never ridden any with a visor
That's optical aberrations being present in the windscreen, nothing to do with your eyesight. The Africa Twin's windscreen has a similar defect. Unfathomable as to why they don't give a good quality windscreen on such an expensive motorcycle, but the conspiracy theorist in me feels that unless they keep the quality at a questionable level, would anyone even consider parts from the aftermarket? Quite positive these tactics are employed to benefit sales charts and stock prices of aftermarket part vendors.

Long story short, discarded the stock windscreen for a National Cycle V-Stream. Lovely vision through the windscreen, so much so, that I've stopped having to squint over the top of the screen and enjoy looking through it.

Last edited by GoBlue : 19th October 2021 at 22:53.
Old 21st October 2021, 01:17   #152
BHPian

Default Re: Honda CB500X launched at Rs. 6.87 lakh

I recently took a test ride of the CB500X and really liked the bike. I just came away after riding a 390 ADV and here are some of my observations.

1) CB500 feels really well made. The fit and finish is really good.
2) The seat height is lower than the 390 ADV.
3) I felt very similar while riding both the bikes. My friend had an altered gearing on his 390 and hence even that felt decently torquey. Both bikes had this flying over the road kind of feeling. Both felt happy cruising at 90-100KMph. Maybe the CB felt a bit more potent in terms of available torque but the difference was not night and day.
4) CB500 is more comfortable and the suspension is tuned slightly softer.
5) I felt a bit more confidence in leaning the 390 however the CB500 was not that behind too.
6) Headlights of CB500 were not good. I think KTM has better headlights.
7) To me, the KTM lacks a bit of finesse and that finer feeling and calibration of various touch points and levers, but true to my expectation CB500 has all that.
8) CB500 feels a tad bigger while riding. You feel like you are riding a bigger bike.

I would chose the CB500, if it was not for the price. Even for all its goodness, its really hard to convince to spend that much on CB500. I am really looking for used options, if only Honda managed to sell any in the first place.

Rachit

Last edited by GTO : 21st October 2021 at 08:34. Reason: small typo
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed