Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2021, 11:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Honda Activa got stolen in front of my house

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
An attempt had happened on my 200NS 2 days prior to this theft.
Thanks for posting detailed steps to serve as a as a reference for the rest of us.

One question: after you had seen an attempt to steal your 200NS two days prior, was there anything you did / could have done to protect your bikes, that could have made it more difficult for the thieves? Any thoughts in hindsight?
Old 25th December 2021, 18:39   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post

One doubt: Has anyone claimed road tax refund when the vehicle got stolen? I'd like to claim that amount as well if possible.
Can a duplicate RC through an agent help? Agent, because the hassles will be minimal. If you get that I feel it can be submitted to the insurer and you can submit the original to the RTO.
Old 29th December 2021, 14:15   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
Thanks for posting detailed steps to serve as a as a reference for the rest of us.

One question: after you had seen an attempt to steal your 200NS two days prior, was there anything you did / could have done to protect your bikes, that could have made it more difficult for the thieves? Any thoughts in hindsight?
We had locked both the bikes. The NS was inside the gate and the activa outside, right next to my EcoSport. I had gone for an early morning drive started around 2.30 am and the scooter was there. When my parents woke up at 6 am, the scooter was missing. I'd say, better to keep a couple of CCTV cams(I know it won't help much unless cops help us) and chain your 2-wheeler to the main gate, just like how we used to chain cycles a decade and a half ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Can a duplicate RC through an agent help? Agent, because the hassles will be minimal. If you get that I feel it can be submitted to the insurer and you can submit the original to the RTO.
It might help but it'll be complicated as the RTO will ask for insurance and emission copy. As the vehicle has been stolen, it becomes hard for the agents as well. Plus its a tedious process. Luckily I had the original RC in my closet.
I got the insurance amount settled. I had to submit a B extract and a letter with the Police station seal and sign did help in expediting my claim
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed