Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2021, 16:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Retro-scrambler motorcycle with dual exhaust spotted | Seems to be a new Yezdi

Hopefully this will be a better finished product than the Jawa twins. Jawa needs to learn from Royal Enfield, the way they handled the criticism and came up with the Meteor and new generation Classic 350.
RD150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 16:22   #17
BHPian

Re: Retro-scrambler motorcycle with dual exhaust spotted | Seems to be a new Yezdi

Spotted this sponsored ad.

Retro-scrambler motorcycle with dual exhaust spotted | Seems to be a new Yezdi-screenshot_20211111162121216_com.instagram.android.jpg
PrasunBannerjee is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 12:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Yezdi Adventure Roadking production-spec model spied undisguised and it was completely kitted out with jerry cans and panniers.

Retro-scrambler motorcycle with dual exhaust spotted | Seems to be a new Yezdi-yezdiadventurespiedside.jpg

Retro-scrambler motorcycle with dual exhaust spotted | Seems to be a new Yezdi-yezdiadventurespied.jpg

Scrambler spotted too

Retro-scrambler motorcycle with dual exhaust spotted | Seems to be a new Yezdi-yezdiscramblerandroadkingspied.jpg

Source : MotorBeam

Last edited by Venkatesh : 30th November 2021 at 13:12.
Venkatesh is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 13:28   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

Scrambler spotted too
The scrambler is a comfortable single seater! Looks great though!

The silencer looks odd in the swept up design.

Lets hope the Yezdi Adventure headlight setup is better than the Xpulse.

Last edited by Mafia : 30th November 2021 at 13:30.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 14:15   #20
BHPian

The Yezdi ADV looks like a Beefed up Hero XPulse (and that's not a bad thing at all).

The Scrambler looks a bit odd with the exhaust with the pinched ends.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 14:16   #21
BHPian

Is it only for my eyes, or the Adventure Roadking is a complete "inspired" version of Himalayan ?
Sk8r is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 15:41   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Is it only for my eyes, or the Adventure Roadking is a complete "inspired" version of Himalayan ?
Inspired? Looks like a shameless copy to my eyes!

Was excited about the Yezdi badge returning, but this is a complete low point for Classic Legends and Mahindra.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 15:46   #23
OmV
BHPian

Quote:
The front seems to have been bottomed out by someone and the fork gaitors got stuck instead of rebounding back in place.
OmV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 16:47   #24
BHPian

Why copy Himalayan ?

If you are going to copy, at least do a Mahindra and copy from a super desired design.

The Scambler looks good, though looks like the exhaust is the lowest part of the body, should be piped higher up like the Triumph or Ducati Scramblers.

- Slick
Slick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 16:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Scrambler spotted too..
The two bikes behind the Scrambler, could they be the new standard Roadking? Good to see that Classic Legends is launching the Yezdi brand with a plethora of options instead of just a couple.

Retro-scrambler motorcycle with dual exhaust spotted | Seems to be a new Yezdi-roadking2021.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmV View Post
The front seems to have been bottomed out by someone and the fork gaitors got stuck instead of rebounding back in place.
Yeah, that's odd. The Scrambler has them too. Seems like they haven't been fully extended yet.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
That was the first thought that crossed my mind as well ! Could we end up witnessing a legendary legal battle a la Jeep vs Mahindra ?

Last edited by Turbojc : 30th November 2021 at 16:55.
Turbojc is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 16:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Boss, you're not alone. Here's a quick & crude picture for comparison. One looks bare naked & other one fully loaded, just that one is 300 cc engine (unless Mahindra managed to rebore the 300 to 400 cc)

Retro-scrambler motorcycle with dual exhaust spotted | Seems to be a new Yezdi-p1.jpg
aargee is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 17:45   #27
Senior - BHPian

I have seen quite a few Jawa on road now and there is a showroom close to my house. But what is the general feedback now regarding these bikes from Mahindra after the initial fiasco of delayed delivery, rusting and other quality issues etc?

Mahindra was never a very dependable company when it came to two wheelers so having a portfolio is the first part, being able to sell and maintain the bikes is the next and more important part that makes or breaks it.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 18:24   #28
BHPian

This very much looks like the Himalayan from the side profile, heck even the name plate positioning is exactly like the Himalayan!
DIV17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 19:44   #29
BHPian

There is only so much you can do with a classic/barebones look (round headlight) and adventure/off road/dual purpose aspirations that RE has not already done with the Himalayan!

That being said, if this Yezdi can address the Himalayan's Achilles heel of lack of power while maintaining its other traits (low seat height, good low end grunt, pillion comfort, ergonomics, ruggedness etc.) I don't see a reason to pick the Himmie over this.

I'd been fantasizing of a Himalayan with that brilliant Mojo engine for a long time!

IS THIS THAT VEHICLE?

IMO, Classic Legends' engines haven't carried forward the flavor of the Mojo. The Jawa was a clear step down from the it in terms of refinement and power. The Perak wasn't too great either, despite the additional 30cc.

Need to see if Classic Legends gets it right this time around!

Fingers crossed!
AlQuazi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 20:40   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Boss, you're not alone. Here's a quick & crude picture for comparison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIV17 View Post
This very much looks like the Himalayan from the side profile, heck even the name plate positioning is exactly like the Himalayan!
Yezdi Could have sported a simple twin headlamp unit - just simple circular halogen ones - to make this one stand apart!

Someone with good Photoshop skills please help me create a good rendered image here!
Geo_Ipe is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed