Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2007, 19:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Well in that case my friend on Pulsar 180 has been through worst of terrains, and still without a bend, no his alloys were not "shattered". Even mine, and I had an accident @ 100 KPH and the forks on my bike were bent to an extent that front mudguard was touching the silencer, the disc plate was bent, still the alloy didnt bend, it was a little out of shape accorss the circumference!
Besides have you seen Karizma alloys, they come with Bar Weights even from the factory... are they telling me that the "supposedly" better quality alloys need to be balanced before putting on the bike.

Dude the high cost you pay for Karizma alloys is due to the fact that their margins are now lower on bikes.... they make a huge amount of money by selling spares at exhorbitant prices. Besides they also have to support half of the Indian cricket team, pay royality to Honda, sponser numerous number of fashion and filmi events spread all throught the year, some cricket series and oh how can I forget big bolloywood stars like Hritik for the "new" Karizma Advt.
It has to come from somewhere and a large part of it is from your own pocket... did i hear better quality?
What's wrong if the wheels have weights on them? As far as i'm concerned the hero honda guys took some extra effort and balanced the wheel-tyre combo for you. Even brand new tyres on brand new alloys require wheel balancing almost all the time. Yes i've seen weight afixed to brand new cars that come from the showroom. If the tyre is properly mounted on an alloy then less weight is needed.

I'm not the one to believe that bajaj alloys are so very carefully manufactured and the tyres are also so very carefully made to high levels of quality and mounted that it doesn't even require balancing!!

Does the bajaj alloys have DOT certification? That's the question. If it does/doesn't it says about quality!

I've seen alloys shattering when it hit a ditch at high speed. And in the case of accidents it's not necessary that the wheel shatter. I've had a T-bone collision on my old RX with the spoke wheel, the complete fork assembly came inside towards the chasis and the wheel didn't bend. In case of collisions like these it's always the fork inner tube that goes out of shape due to the impact.

My friend's hit a wagon r with his avenger and his forks came inside the wheels didn't lose shape it dint have to be trued either. All we did was got the inner tube bend straightened at a hydraulic press.

IMHO quality wise i feel Hero Honda is still ahead of Bajaj. I'm not a Hero Honda loyalist btw.

Edit:Thanks for the link.

Last edited by Sankar : 27th April 2007 at 19:14.
Old 27th April 2007, 22:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

i guess this is good hard evidence that bajaj has quiet too many manufacturing defective vehicles on roads.the reason being many pulsars die too early (the bore and other gearbox issues) and other dont notice this because not every vehicle is defective and hence the mixed response is keeping Bajaj alive to some extent.
Old 12th May 2007, 09:53   #33
BHPian

Bajaj Pulsar 200 issues being fixed by Bajaj

It’s now almost confirmed that initial batches of the Bajaj Pulsar 200 bikes indeed had quality issues. The company is now apparently calling up their customers to replace the shockers on most of the initial units sold in the market.

They are also checking up other parts of the bikes for issues. A friend of ours got the call today and the shockers of his bike were replaced.

He was also told that around 50 other bikes sold in the Gurgaon region are being called up for this shocker change. Incidentally, there are no media reports related to this recalling of the Bajaj Pulsar bikes.

Interestingly, if a similar problem was found in an automotive product in an American or a European country, we would have seen public reports in media. We saw nothing of that sort with the Bajaj here in India.
If you have purchased a Bajaj Pulsar 200, do give a visit to your dealer to check if they are doing some replacement of this kind to fix issues with the shockers.

Bajaj Pulsar 200 issues being fixed by Bajaj
Old 13th May 2007, 03:24   #34
BHPian

You know what i feel...To accomodate the larger disc & caliper to the smaller dia fork, Bajaj hastily approved the forks legs which have been snapping and skipped some Quality checks to meet a deadline.

The same design is seen on so many other bikes like the SV and the FZ (I am only talking of the caliper mounting lugs here) so obviously it is a major flaw with the casting process or the alloy.

Most Viewed