Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2007, 13:25   #1
BHPian

BEWARE : P200 Fork Barrel - Might kill you!

It is posted on How many bhp? xBhp!. Earlier I thought, this may be with that bike that he might have got faulty front Frok Barral. He had applied hard breaking to avoide collision with the Cat and front Fork Barrel got broken.

BEWARE : P200 Fork Barrel - Might kill you! - xBhp

But when I read the same on orkut, one guy tried stopie and twice he had Front Barrel broken.

orkut - Login

Old 26th April 2007, 13:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

the Front Barrel is made out of hard steel seamless pipe....It might have got extra hard so that it had become brittle and a little extra force damaged it.....
Old 26th April 2007, 13:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

And I think it comes from China , does it ? Is this a particular batch problem or is it over different batches of forks ?
Old 26th April 2007, 13:46   #4
BHPian

My guess this is a one of incident, it’s rare but can happen. Nothing really to loose your sleep over.
Old 26th April 2007, 13:50   #5
Team-BHP Support

and another almost new p200 was spilling oil through one of the rides!!

manson.
Old 26th April 2007, 13:58   #6
BHPian

not sure how many of you might've noticed .... the rear mudguard in all pulsar upgrades, 200 and even 220 rattles heavily..the rider may not feel since its made out of plastic hence no noise, but if you are following the bike you can easily make it out.
Old 26th April 2007, 14:01   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
the Front Barrel is made out of hard steel seamless pipe....It might have got extra hard so that it had become brittle and a little extra force damaged it.....
it aint easy as you say. im in constant touch with stunting groups in Delhi. They use the classic Pulsar and Karizmas for years now for stoppies/wheelies etc. They havent reported any of this till date..except broken oil seals at the max. My 4yrs old 47000kms old Karizma has had just a couple of oil seal changes, that is. And I have been to Spiti, as well have used the bike for stoppies with my 95kg body weight. Such things (of broken barrels) are not to be expected so easily, untill unless you have a head on collision with something.

Lately, both the p200 and p220 models have been facing a lot of troubles. first it was the p220 recall for FI issues, then the p200 oil leak (from the oil cooler) problem and now this.

I think Bajaj is going too fast on models, the company clearly needs to address such quality issues before looking at more models

Last edited by BunnyPunia : 26th April 2007 at 14:03.
Old 26th April 2007, 16:03   #8
BHPian

with the price war going on btw bajaj and HH i think bajaj are forgetting the meaning of QC. hope the above customer has allready bought this to the notice of Bajaj.
Old 26th April 2007, 16:34   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
The fork barrels are cast aluminium and not steel. Only the suzuki samurai, supra, shogun came with steel fork barrels. If it broke it's definitely a casting,material or design fault.

If you look closely the P220 fork barrels have strenghtening at the point where the P200 fork broke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
And I think it comes from China , does it ? Is this a particular batch problem or is it over different batches of forks ?
Endurance in Pune makes the forks for the pulsar, they are a reputed company.

The front wheel of the P200 is ENKEI, but don't know whether it's made in Japan/China/Thailand. Both wheels of the P220 are ENKEI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakaaaaasss View Post
not sure how many of you might've noticed .... the rear mudguard in all pulsar upgrades, 200 and even 220 rattles heavily..the rider may not feel since its made out of plastic hence no noise, but if you are following the bike you can easily make it out.
What you say is correct whenever im following a newer Pulsar i can see the tail vibrating very badly. It doesn't look the least bit good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Such things (of broken barrels) are not to be expected so easily, untill unless you have a head on collision with something.
Even during the head on collisions the fork barrels are not always broken, 80% of the time it's the fork inner tubes that get bent. The outer tubes are quite strong eventhough they're made of aluminum.
Old 26th April 2007, 17:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Endurance in Pune makes the forks for the pulsar, they are a reputed company.
thanks for the info Sankar.

Quote:
The front wheel of the P200 is ENKEI, but don't know whether it's made in Japan/China/Thailand. Both wheels of the P220 are ENKEI.
The alloy wheels are imported from China. Even TVS gets its alloys from China.
Old 26th April 2007, 17:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The alloy wheels are imported from China. Even TVS gets its alloys from China.
Are you guys sure about that? AFAIK the wheels are made in Enkei's plant in India.
Old 26th April 2007, 17:52   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Are you guys sure about that? AFAIK the wheels are made in Enkei's plant in India.
I believe you are right about that! Technocrat can confirm since his friend is involved in the manufacturing process in some way.

What confuses me is that HH Karizma alloys are manufactured in the same plant and cost a whooping 8-9k whereas the Pulsar wheels are about 4-5k?
Old 26th April 2007, 17:56   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Ishaan - am dam sure about this. Had visited the TVS plant and so thats how I know. And they keep tabs on their competitors doings too.
Old 26th April 2007, 18:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

From what I know, a Fabricator(dont know if thatw what they are called or not) manufactures the alloys somewhere near Pune under license from Enkei, as for the difference in price for ZMA & pulsars alloys, you can make out the difference in quality besides the Pulsar ones are smaller. Also you should check how thin are Apche alloys when compared to Pulsar & ZMAs
Old 26th April 2007, 18:18   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakaaaaasss View Post
not sure how many of you might've noticed .... the rear mudguard in all pulsar upgrades
Oh, yes! Saw a couple of the newer 150's the other day. "Flapping" would be a better word.

Most Viewed