Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2007, 17:52   #46
Team-BHP Support

Autocarindia declares P150 DTSi to be the best in a comparo of Honda Unicorn, Apache RTR 160 and CBZ Extreme.
(mentioned here in the order of rank given by ACI)
Old 9th August 2007, 19:33   #47
Senior - BHPian

ACI goes by "technology" "vfm" blah blah blah. The aggregate isn't what most of us would go by. We'd all have our criteria. Mags' such reviews are better read while taking a relaxing ablution, and zero seriousness
Old 9th August 2007, 22:19   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
donno why indian bike manufacturer are fighting just for the difference of 2-3 BHP, which is achivable easily through good head work, good air filters and rejetting the carbs.
but what isnt easy to achieve is the same increase while adhering to noise and tailpipe emission laws. And the demand of the market for better fuel economy. Indian Motorcycle emission norms are the strictest in the world.

I have no doubt that the track bikes are putting out close to 20-23 hp but they cant sell them as production bikes because it wont meet any emission norms. There are numerous DOHC 4-valve heads about the size of the Fiero/Apache engine which I have seen with my own eyes in TVS R&D but who is going to buy such a bike if it is priced outside the market?
Old 12th August 2007, 11:57   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Autocarindia declares P150 DTSi to be the best in a comparo of Honda Unicorn, Apache RTR 160 and CBZ Extreme.
(mentioned here in the order of rank given by ACI)
They also mention that RTR 0-60 time is less than what Karizma takes and in 0-100, RTR is almost 6+ sec quicker than the rest of the 150 pack.

I also read the review in overdrive which rated it as 5 star. But there is a huge difference in the fuel economy figures give by both magazines (other figures are somewhere near by to each others ratings). I think there is some 12 kmpl difference with ACI being on the lower side.

Overall, looks a good bike to own. But I hate the racing stripes. They look good on the mushtang and are not meant for bikes

Thanks
askids
Old 13th August 2007, 19:53   #50
BANNED

Atleast i am ready to spend money for any good bike more then my Car if they offer some good powerful naked bike not some tiny stuff covered with lods of plastics.
Lets see in reality whether its really that fast or its just some BS as 0-60 figure may be possible but 0-100 quicker then others 150 by 6 seconds, cant digest it at all.
My stock RD with points use to take 8-9 seconds for 0-100 and these 150 cc normally takes 18-20 seconds and 6 seconds faster means 12-14 seconds which i cant believe at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks