Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2007, 17:46   #1

my yamaha rxg 135

hi friends this is one of my favorite indian bikes ,this is yamaha rxg135(new verision of rx 100)my dad owned this bike for about 10 years and now its on my hands.its a bit rusty so need to mod it but i have a limited budget,so can can anyone please sugest some mod parts that stands within rs 10000?

Old 27th April 2007, 20:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hmm... what do you want to do when you mean mod - looks or performance?

How's the condition of the tyres? If they're bad you might want to put some nice tyres with a modern tread pattern. Good tyres improve the looks of the bike.

Does it have the old small headlight? Fit a bigger aftermarket headlight (many Yams has it) for better looks and a bit better lighting.

In my opinion the shogun indicators look good on the RX.

Remove that chrome mudguard up front and replace it with a RXZ type mudguard.

You can fit the RXZ speedo-tacho meter console alongwith the central key system. With a bit of modification to the clutch cover you can make the tacho (rpm meter) work.

Please don't buy and fit those ghastly engine covers, it doesn't suit and keep in mind that it's an aircooled motor. If you want an engine shield try the RXZ one.
Old 27th April 2007, 20:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Sankar you just described my Yam dude..Just that I dont have an engine sheild.

vickedv4, if its asthetic mod's 10k is more than enough for the overhaul.If possible wait for a day or two. I will post pics of my Yam 135 to give you a fair idea of what Sankar is talking about .
Old 27th April 2007, 20:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Sankar you just described my Yam dude..Just that I dont have an engine sheild.
I had one like what i described, it was a RX135 5Speed. It had a longer fazer swingarm as well and pulsar gas shocks. Even mine dint have the engine cover,i didnt fix it coz the mech said it's prone to rattle.
Old 27th April 2007, 20:47   #5
BHPian

My 2% advise would be.. go for performance mods.. instead of cosmetic.. with that budget one can add some goodies onto it.. to make it faster.. if that what you like.... rx can be a monster if one wants to make it like that.. many options available.. if you are interested let me know.. can help...
Old 28th April 2007, 13:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
My 2% advise would be.. go for performance mods.. instead of cosmetic.. with that budget one can add some goodies onto it.. to make it faster.. if that what you like.... rx can be a monster if one wants to make it like that.. many options available.. if you are interested let me know.. can help...
I don't think that's a wise decision, from the post i can make out that he's new to the bike as he got this bike from his dad. First let him be able to come to terms with it and learn to fully exploit the bike in it's current state of tune. He himself will feel like going for performance mods later once the bike doesn't thrill him enough.

I know that the RX can be a monster - mine was a drag bike in street trim The max speed it did on the gun was a genuine 145kmph. And all of 10000 and more is needed to build a bike like that.
Old 28th April 2007, 15:12   #7
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
My 2% advise would be.. go for performance mods.. instead of cosmetic..
He says that his Dad had this bike for 10yrs and its a little rusty... so dont you think he will have to spend some money to get the bike to its prime condition first ? and then may be think about performance or cosmetic mods...

Anyways vickedv4 : How is the present condition of the bike, how comfortable are you with it and what kind of mods are you looking at... if you can specify this, then guys here would be able to suggest accordingly.
Old 28th April 2007, 16:45   #8
BHPian

Dude you can do a decent perormance job on ur bike or 10K.
starters.. hows the engine condition, if you to change rings, change the entire cylinders, go for 5 speed cylinders.
Next step contact RD chinoy and get his recipe for a nice running bike - RDDCDI.
Put in a Kn or UNI filter and upjet.
May be if you can afford a little more go for chambers.
With this setup you can be happy for a few years!!
Old 28th April 2007, 22:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

New 5 speed bore = 3200

Head job = approx 300 (RXG & 5 speed heads are different you need to modify the G head to work as good with the 5 speed barrel)

Porting job = 2000

RDD CDI = 3000 (around three years back, must've gone up now)

UNI = 900 when i bought it three years ago, Now i heard it's around 1200.

Chambers = 3000 when ron did it for me around 3 years ago.

Keihin 28mm PWK flatslides = 3500 approx

Carb and the CDI is not really recommended on a lightly ported machine. It's only when the powerband goes past the 8.5 - 9k rpm that u\you really feel the need of the CDI.
Old 30th April 2007, 13:35   #10
BHPian

Oh.. i thought i twisted the wrong angle for mentioning abt the performance mods.. and here we have a whole list of things.. thanks guys...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks