Old 4th September 2021, 02:03   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CB200X, now launched at Rs. 1.44 lakh

Walk around video.

Old 7th September 2021, 15:51   #77
Senior - BHPian

Honda CB200X deliveries commence

Honda has commenced deliveries of the CB200X in India.

The CB200X is an ADV-style bike inspired by the CB500X. It is priced at Rs. 1,44,500 (ex-showroom).

Honda CB200X, now launched at Rs. 1.44 lakh-download-7.jpg

The CB200X offers an upright riding position that is ideal for long-distance touring. The bike has a half-fairing with a short windscreen, knuckle guards and a stepped seat. It comes with an LCD instrument cluster.

The CB200X uses the same engine as the Hornet 2.0. It’s a 184cc, single-cylinder unit that produces 17 BHP @ 8,500 rpm and 16.1 Nm @ 6,000 rpm. It is paired with a 5-speed gearbox.

The bike comes equipped with upside-down forks at the front and has a mono-shock at the rear. The brake setup consists of petal-type discs at the front and rear.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 17:15   #78
BHPian

I just realized what this bike is. It's the next gen Karizma that people have been calling on Hero for.
drt_rdr is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 10:10   #79
KPR
BANNED

I'm mighty impressed with positioning of this bike. It has a decent riding stance especially for those 80s kids like me. For daily office/local commute, occasional long highway rides and the Leh-Ladakh in bike (plan only ) there are 3 practical, budget friendly options available now for RE haters:

1. Honda CB200x
2. Yamaha FZx
3. Xpulse (I used to drool that Impulse)

Below is my view point:
Xpulse is great but my spouse at home will hate sitting as pillion given such tall stance. FZ, Gixxers are for the 90s kids looks way too funky and ride stance is not so great. Unicorn is more of a fit for 70s kids.

Last edited by KPR : 8th September 2021 at 10:12.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 22:02   #80
BHPian

While other reviewers have an embargo till September 25, this guy is holding his beer.

Jokes aside, Dino makes amazing reviews and is known for posting reviews way before others. Overall, the bike does feel like a half hearted attempt.
The bike looks amazing, no doubs on that. Only if it was as purposeful as it looks. I still wish they plonked in a CBR250R engine.

Image credits: Fast Bikes India via Instagram.

Link:
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CB200X, now launched at Rs. 1.44 lakh-screenshot_2021092311421726.jpg  

Last edited by saikishor : 23rd September 2021 at 22:06.
saikishor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 06:50   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
I still wish they plonked in a CBR250R engine
Pls count me by your side!! I would go on to further say, CB 300R's (effective 286 cc) engine would've been more justice. Oh!! Behold!! then price would be an atrocious 3.5L!!
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 12:14   #82
Senior - BHPian

Honda CB200X first ride reviews

Last edited by Venkatesh : 25th September 2021 at 12:16.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 13:19   #83
BHPian

This is such a disappointing motorcycle. I've seen 2-3 reviews by now, and all of them gave me a half-hearted attempt kinda vibe. This motorcycle is a neither here nor there motorcycle. I mean, think of it as an offroader and you'll be disappointed by the low ground clearance and stiff suspension setup. Think of it as a tourer and you'll be disappointed by the lack of 5th gear and the inability of the engine to hold speeds of 100-110+ kph( I really can't comment on this as I haven't ridden a Hornet 2.0 or a CB200X till date, will do it ASAP). What has Honda done? Add indicators to handguards?

This attempt reminds me of the Pulsar AS200 from 2015. Even that was a half hearted attempt without proper market research I believe. It was just an NS200 with a fairing. Also, India wasn't really ready for small capacity adventure bikes back then.

Pains to see Japs doing such launches in India. They have ideas, engines and experience but fail to improvise .

But one thing is for sure, the bike looks gorgeous; I would even go on to say it looks like a very good touring motorcycle which can do 500+ km without a hiccup. Only if it was as capable as it looked.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CB200X, now launched at Rs. 1.44 lakh-screenshot_2021092513170586.jpg  

Honda CB200X, now launched at Rs. 1.44 lakh-screenshot_2021092513173105.jpg  

Honda CB200X, now launched at Rs. 1.44 lakh-screenshot_2021092513184564.jpg  

Last edited by saikishor : 25th September 2021 at 13:21.
saikishor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 18:20   #84
Senior - BHPian

So its like honda started designing the bike with all excitement but after the front they lost interest and just plastered it to the Hornet 2.0. Watched a few reviews and just like honda’s half hearted effort even the reviewers look bored midway into the reviews.

This bike will sell(if at all) only for the looks & honda brandname. For everything else you have other bikes. Period!!!

@Honda: Please get the cbr 250r engine into this with a 6th gear and people would happily line up to pick this up even at 2L IMO

Last edited by SoumenD : 25th September 2021 at 18:29.
Old 24th October 2021, 17:44   #85
BHPian

After doing an extensive research in the market, I have finalized on Honda CB200X. This is going to be my first bike purchase. I am upgrading from a 110cc scooter and have a bit of an experience in riding bikes. I am yet to pay the booking amount to the dealer. I have some doubts in my mind. Please help me clear those out:-

1) When shall the full payment for the bike be released to the dealer (I am buying the bike on cash). The showroom guys were insisting on doing the full payment now in order to reserve the bike in the particular colour chosen and get it within 10 days, otherwise it would be given to some other guy who is ready to do the full payment. The dealer told me that as the bike is newly launched, they only have 1 bike of that colour available at the company, that would reach the dealership by truck and if I don't make the payment then I would have to wait for a more than a month in order to get that bike. Upon asking for the number of deliveries that had been done till date, I given an astonishing number of just three bikes..!! I wonder why the hell is there soo much waiting on the bike. The salesman played a cheap technique on me by saying that the bike is on waiting for 2 months for other colours apart from red on the very first day of visit and the next day, upon visiting to enquire for booking, the same guy told me that there is 1 bike available in my choice colour waiting to be loaded on the truck.

2) While at the dealership, I noticed that there was one unregistered bike in that same colour was laying around at the dealership since 2-3 days and upon asking about that bike the very first day, they told me that it was for a delivery. The guys did allow me to sit on that bike and hear the engine note. I fear that they'll give me the same bike or if my new bike arrives then they'll allow other customers to do the same on my bike which I don't want to happen at all costs. What shall I do to stop it from happening.

3) While asking for the Chassis Number and PDI after booking, the dealer told me that the company doesn't provide the Chassis number before arriving at the dealership and that I shall do the PDI on the day of delivery. Also, can someone share the PDI checklist for the bikes on this thread.
Pedalmasher_20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 20:48   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedalmasher_20 View Post
1) When shall the full payment...my choice colour waiting to be loaded on the truck
Basically, this is as good as saying, if you pay the full amount, I will get you the motorcycle now; once you pay the full amount, there're no refund, you can choose to buy now or later; you can buy now with whatever color they have OR if you're lucky you can get the motorcycle you want.

Since you're paying in full cash, here's a cheap tactic you can do as well...pay the booking amount with 5 dealers closer to your locality. Whoever is promising to adhere to your needs, pay them the full amount & get the refund from the rest. And if you want to play dirty, just let the dealers know that you're adamant with what you exactly want. For sure you can forget the accessories/discounts since this is a new model, but, you can be assured of the regulars.

Quote:
2) While at the dealership...What shall I do to stop it from happening
VIN/Chassis/Engine number are the only way to go

Quote:
3) While asking for the Chassis Number and PDI after booking...I shall do the PDI on the day of delivery
If you can inspect a motorcycle from the yard, then you can pretty much note down the VIN, Chassis & Engine number, you're not at the mercy of them; so whichever motorcycle you've seen, you can note down the VIN/engine/chassis number & tell them you need a different motorcycle & call you when one is available. When you visit them...you know what to do But again, no point getting too finicky on these things. How can we know when the next lot arrives? How can we be assured that the sales guy is calling the very next day after the load has arrived? How do we know that the motorcycle in next lot he shows is not started & shown to other potential customers? Just a leap of faith that the next lot of motorcycle should be all good that's all.

Last edited by aargee : 24th October 2021 at 21:02.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 23:39   #87
BHPian

Hey Bhpians, I have booked the Honda CB200X from an authorized dealer today and it is due to be delivered on the auspicious occasion on Dhanteras. I have done the PDI of the vehicle and clicked all the important pics. An ownership thread will soon be published after a month of riding this bike. BTW, I needed some help. I have the Chassis number with me but am unable to decode the month of production. Can someone please tell me which letter in the series denotes the month of production and which month is assigned to which letter. I did try to learn the chassis decoding from Team-BHP and other forums and have been successfully able to do so but am unable to verify the month of production.
Pedalmasher_20 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 09:34   #88
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
I have done the PDI of the vehicle and clicked all the important pics. An ownership thread will soon be published after a month of riding this bike.
Have you taken delivery of bike? How's the bike? I'm inclined towards buying this bike.
Old 25th February 2022, 15:31   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Have you taken delivery of bike? How's the bike? I'm inclined towards buying this bike.
Hello brother... I had taken the delivery of my bike in the month of November and till now, all of my rides have been exciting. This is one of a kind bike. Though, many enthusiasts suggest to stay away from the bike due to Honda's high pricing and low power output from the measly 180cc air cooled engine, but if you're kind of a person who like the adventure touring posture and adore the refinement & smoothness of the engine, then this bike will definitely feel attractive. It's that kind of a bike which might not set your heart on race mode, but is made for long distance cruising at a safer pace of speeds like 60-80kmph. This bike also is a great city commuter. And mind you, eventhough I said that the bike is not made for very high speed touring, but still, I did manage to easily touch crazy speeds in excess of 120kph even after me weighting a bit less than 100kgs. I am going to write a review about the bike and have completed more than 1000kms on it but due to my examinations, the review will be slightly delayed. You can expect my review by the end of March. Finally, I'd suggest you to take multiple test drives of the CB200X as well it's other competitors before coming to a conclusion.
Pedalmasher_20 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks