Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2021, 11:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki Gixxer 250, SF 250 recalled over excessive vibration

Suzuki has recalled the Gixxer 250 and SF 250 to rectify an issue after customers complained of excessive vibrations.

Suzuki Gixxer 250, SF 250 recalled over excessive vibration-suzukigixxer250rightviewf273.jpg

A total of 199 units are said to be affected by this issue. This includes bikes manufactured between August 12, 2019 and March 21, 2021.

While the exact cause of the vibrations hasn't been revealed, it could be due to improper positioning of the balancer shaft in the engine. Similarly, incorrect positioning of the crank balancer gear drive could also cause two of the six mounting lugs of the taillamp to come loose.

Suzuki Gixxer 250, SF 250 recalled over excessive vibration-suzukigixxersf250tritonbluesilver8125.jpeg

According to the company, the repairs would only take a couple of hours and would be done free of cost.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 30th April 2021 at 11:32.
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 13:33   #2
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Gixxer 250, SF 250 recalled over excessive vibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
A total of 199 units are said to be affected by this issue. This includes bikes manufactured between August 12, 2019 and March 21, 2021.

While the exact cause of the vibrations hasn't been revealed, it could be due to improper positioning of the balancer shaft in the engine.
Suzuki has kind of summarised the cause of this issue on SIAM website. The crank balancer drive gear position was set incorrectly since the supervisor did not use a template to match positions accurately.

What is slightly surprising to me is that only 199 bikes are affected by this error in a span of 20 months. Curious to know how they narrowed down to only these 199 bikes. Probably, these were all the bikes that the supervisor in question worked on.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Gixxer 250, SF 250 recalled over excessive vibration-screenshot_20210430131439__01.jpg  

camitesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 13:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

I love the threads where we discuss the recalls announced by manufacturers. This simply shows the integrity, honesty and sincerity of the manufacturers towards their business, products and customers.

On a lighter side, if Suzuki has recalled bikes for vibrations, then what should Royal enfield do?

The only time those bikes won't vibrate is when ignition key is in off position.

So, India will look like half lockdown if Royal enfield gets inspired by Suzuki's recall.

Kudos to Suzuki. Good decision. Keep up the good job

Last edited by gkveda : 30th April 2021 at 13:45.
gkveda is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 19:23   #4
BHPian

How do we know the VIN of this 199 vehicle ? I bought a SF in the similar period March 2020 and seems to be September manufacture.
Old 1st May 2021, 10:07   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
How do we know the VIN of this 199 vehicle ? I bought a SF in the similar period March 2020 and seems to be September manufacture.
Read somewhere that Suzuki will contact the owners of these 199 bikes for repair work. Keep an eye out on your emails / SMS / post for a similar communication.

But if you aren't feeling the vibrations, probably yours wasn't affected.
Old 16th June 2021, 23:34   #6
BHPian

Mine is March 2021 manufactured and vibrations creep in like crazy once I cross 4K rpm. The seat, tank and the handle bars make you feel the vibrations. Hope Suzuki rectifies is asap. The Regional manager and SA have no clue about it
Thatautoguy46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 19:18   #7
BHPian

I'm following up with the owners of Gixxer 205, on behalf of a friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Suzuki has recalled the Gixxer 250 and SF 250 to rectify an issue after customers complained of excessive vibrations.
Link to Team-BHP News[/url][/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatautoguy46 View Post
Mine is March 2021 manufactured and vibrations creep in like crazy once I cross 4K rpm. The seat, tank and the handle bars make you feel the vibrations. Hope Suzuki rectifies is asap. The Regional manager and SA have no clue about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Read somewhere that Suzuki will contact the owners of these 199 bikes for repair work. Keep an eye out on your emails / SMS / post for a similar communication.

Hi @ TusharK, @Thatautoguy46 and @camitesh,
Any updates on this ? How do we get this issue rectified ? The company hadn't contacted him through any channels as mentioned by you, @camitesh. So what should be the next step ?
@Thatautoguy46, did you received any resolution at your end ?
My friend's bike vibrates like an Enfield at the pegs and bars post 5000rpm. I clearly remember the test-bike was vibe-free at 80kmph and 4500 rpm, but in my friend's case, there seems to some power drop as well post 6000rpm! When did you first face this issue, as in after how many kilometers driven ?
I had a couple of questions related to the long-term impact on the remaining components! Any delay from the company's end in resolving this issue, might put unnecessary stress on the engine and the panels. The company should work on that as well, right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Hi @arin_12!
Did you find any clue on how to identify the problem vehicle based on the VIN number ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks