Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2007, 18:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Its a Kawasaki Bajaj 100....
or we can say kb100 .....lol......BTW nice work man......
Old 2nd May 2007, 23:01   #17
BHPian

really innovative and thumbs up for his efforts.
I would like to know how he connected the drive shaft to the engine.
Old 3rd May 2007, 10:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Saw this project submitted by some student in my college
Which college, which year?

My project was similar, though it was hydraulic! But, didn't come out well. I am from College of Engineering, Trivandrum (C.E.T), Mechanical Engg, 2005 Batch.

Last edited by arif_t01 : 3rd May 2007 at 10:52.
Old 3rd May 2007, 10:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
Which college, which year?

My project was similar, though it was hydraulic! But, didn't come out well. I am from College of Engineering, Trivandrum (C.E.T), Mechanical Engg, 2005 Batch.
It is submitted by Mechanical 2007 batch CITM college Faridabad Haryana..!!
I'm a 2006 passout of this college so i dont know the exact details of that project...!!

My mates also made some interesting projects like a zero turning radius jeep n go kart with kini engine..This is what i made..

Old 3rd May 2007, 11:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

slight OT here,
did you guys ever heard of JEEP Rubicon AWD mountain bike???
here is the link:
Jeep Mountain Bike - Don't Cross The Rubicon Bike!

sorry the link doesnt have the pics.
Old 21st November 2007, 14:32   #21
BHPian

Hi KpZen, this is so cool !

I've always derided the lack of ingenuity among the "would-be-engineer" community, commonly found inhabiting our universities. But this project is very encouraging, not to mention refreshing !

Had an idea for a 2-wheel drive motorcycle when in school, but it used splined, contra-rotating shafts, spinning alongside a fork-leg, to transfer drive to the front wheel - meant little compromise in fork, or steering travel.

Kudos to this student ! It takes a lot of conviction, & courage, to invest in your own idea. Can I trouble you for more pics ?
Old 21st November 2007, 15:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

kudos to the effort made by the student. Deserves a pat on the back and some appreciation from the automobile industry.
Old 7th December 2007, 01:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

all those are very good efforts made by our guys but this particular company has already built a refined version of it and has patented too check out this site!

Christini All Wheel Drive Motorcycles
Old 19th February 2009, 14:59   #24
BHPian

Hey, are you sure this was done elsewhere??

I passed out of HCE, Chennai in 2007, for our final year project, 4 of us made a 2x2 bike.

Our base was a KB100, we used Jeep differential parts for the mechanism. We sorted out all the ratio problems and everything. It worked, but was not very good cos it was too heavy(all the weight on the left) and unrefined. We had to drive it all over the place, but always with the mechanism disconnected(too scared of breaking the mechanism before our profs'd checked it out, also tended to over-heat over long distances. we hadn't developed a housing and lubrication) except on sand. (Yes! we had a selector mechanism as well.. ) On sand it did it's job pretty well..

Arka ( a.k.a ex670c on Team-bhp) of Jeepthrills helped us alot on this project. He introduced us to all his Jeep mechanics at Pudupet, who helped us extensively with sourcing parts and with fabrication. At the end of the project, we took it over to his house and parked it there.

This was covered on 'The Hindu', and we'd also been interviewed by a journalist who wrote for Autocar India.. Haven't seen the article as yet though..

So these guys did it about the same time as us huh? would love to sit down and compare notes.. it's something that's totally workable, but needs a great deal of refining. Why did they choose the KB100 as well? We did it 'cos it cost us just 2 grand...
Old 19th February 2009, 15:04   #25
BHPian

Ok! this is definitely not the one we built at HCE. we used the half axle-shaft(with CV joints) of a maruti 800 instead of the UJs shown here.. Similar, but a little different.. would be really nice to discuss the pros and cons with the guys who built it..
Old 19th February 2009, 20:22   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by '72 Bullet View Post
I passed out of HCE, Chennai in 2007, for our final year project, 4 of us made a 2x2 bike.

So these guys did it about the same time as us huh? would love to sit down and compare notes.. it's something that's totally workable, but needs a great deal of refining.
And that to at the same time ( from what I can make out from the dates of the posts ) hugh !! what a coincidence

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks