Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2021, 17:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki Motorcycle India has appointed Satoshi Uchida as its new Company Head

Suzuki Motorcycle India has appointed Satoshi Uchida as its new Company Head, effective from May 1, 2021. He replaces Koichiro Hirao.

Suzuki Motorcycle India has appointed Satoshi Uchida as its new Company Head-satoshiuchidaappointednewheadofsuzukitwowheelersindia.jpg

Uchida has 30 years of experience across various global markets. He has worked at Suzuki Motorcycle India in the past before being assigned to a role in the US two years ago.

Earlier, Uchida had served as the Deputy Executive General Manager - Motorcycle Operations (India / Middle-East / Africa) at Suzuki Motorcycle Corporation, Japan.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 07:56   #2
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Motorcycle India has appointed Satoshi Uchida as its new Company Head, effective from May

I rally hope they manage to bring in their better bikes in India..
The earlier GS150R was a terribly under rated one, it was one of the finest bikes and well built like a tank.

The present lineup is not that great for taller people. Hope they are able to bring in a few adventure tourers and cruisers at mass market prices.
PioneerNB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 19:43   #3
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Motorcycle India has appointed Satoshi Uchida as its new Company Head, effective from May

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerNB View Post
I rally hope they manage to bring in their better bikes in India..
The earlier GS150R was a terribly under rated one, it was one of the finest bikes and well built like a tank.

Hope they are able to bring in a few adventure tourers and cruisers at mass market prices.
True. The GS150R is a hardy bike and very versatile.

I wish Suzuki had developed a GS250R for our market, but I guess you can say they already did bring in something like that with the failed Inazuma.

The Gixxer 250 is a really nice bike with typical Suzuki traits of cutting costs where not really needed and focusing on good everyday riding experience, ease of use, and great build quality for what it has. Funnily enough, 10 years ago, twin cylinder Inazuma came at around the same price as the Gixxer 250 now.

The only real problem with the gixxer is the kind of misleading choice of name. These really aren't cut from the same cloth as the GSXR series bikes.

The Gixxer250 is also already a solid base for making an adventure bike. The weight of the platform is decently low enough, oil cooled means less things to go wrong, the engine's friendly, got good enough power, and handles low speed and high speed scenarios well.

Hope Mr. Uchida greenlights a project "S-Strom" or something like it.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 14th May 2021 at 19:50. Reason: edited out incorrect bits about the inazuma being made in japan. Remembered it was actually made in china
drt_rdr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 06:17   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
True. The GS150R is a hardy bike and very versatile.

I wish Suzuki had developed a GS250R for our market, but I guess you can say they already did bring in something like that with the failed Inazuma.

The Gixxer 250 is a really nice bike with typical Suzuki traits of cutting costs where not really needed and focusing on good everyday riding experience, ease of use, and great build quality for what it has. Funnily enough, 10 years ago, twin cylinder Inazuma came at around the same price as the Gixxer 250 now.

The only real problem with the gixxer is the kind of misleading choice of name. These really aren't cut from the same cloth as the GSXR series bikes.

The Gixxer250 is also already a solid base for making an adventure bike. The weight of the platform is decently low enough, oil cooled means less things to go wrong, the engine's friendly, got good enough power, and handles low speed and high speed scenarios well.

Hope Mr. Uchida greenlights a project "S-Strom" or something like it.

Totally agree, word to word. Inazuma was launched at a time when market did not understand the difference between engine types. Hell even the GS150R bummed being such a robust bike.

I don't know if you observed but slowly Suzuki bikes are becoming hard to maintain/ multiple niggles. Carburettor/fuel sensor issues etc are becoming a norm in bikes nowadays.

I was advised by sales manager not to opt for GIxxer series as it's too compact and uncomfortable for pillion. Other than Access they do not have a good seller in their stable

I really hope Suzuki launches better bikes, the India market is more mature now to accept. I loved the GS150R and if given an opportunity would buy it again
PioneerNB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 17:07   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerNB View Post
I don't know if you observed but slowly Suzuki bikes are becoming hard to maintain/ multiple niggles. Carburettor/fuel sensor issues etc are becoming a norm in bikes nowadays.
That's news to me.

But then, minor carb issues were a known thing even on the GS150R. I've had issues with the vacuum slide scuffing on the bore and leading to bad performance at mid to high revs.

The fuel level sensor stopped working on my bike a long time ago too. I don't care about this one though since I always set my trip meter every time it hits reserve and know what range to expect after a fillup.

Quote:
I was advised by sales manager not to opt for GIxxer series as it's too compact and uncomfortable for pillion. Other than Access they do not have a good seller in their stable
Yeah, it's really unfortunate that Suzuki would do this when they claim to make value-centric products, placing the consumer first and all that.

The previous generation gixxer was a fairly balanced bike and a decent success for Suzuki. But things seem have gone down the drain since they revamped the model and hiked the price by a bit too much. Maybe the design is a bit polarizing too. I thought the last gen was a beauty of a design. This one is just ugly.

Quote:
I really hope Suzuki launches better bikes, the India market is more mature now to accept. I loved the GS150R and if given an opportunity would buy it again
I hope it is. It's just bad luck for Suzuki that a well thought out bike with class leading features at a very competitive price like the GS150R had to die.
Else, we could actually have had a kickass GS250R by now.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 15th May 2021 at 17:10.
drt_rdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 19:25   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
That's news to me.

But then, minor carb issues were a known thing even on the GS150R. I've had issues with the vacuum slide scuffing on the bore and leading to bad performance at mid to high revs.

The fuel level sensor stopped working on my bike a long time ago too. I don't care about this one though since I always set my trip meter every time it hits reserve and know what range to expect after a fillup.
I had to let mine go, the bike engine had some problem related to crank shaft: repaired it and second time it ceased in middle of a highway. So with a heavy heart let it go. But still i am to find a worthy replacement: I have owned an avenger 220 and Pulsar 180 since but none matched the comfort of the GS. And availability of parts was an issue.
I honestly think my bike was a lemon since it gave up within 4 years. I do see many still on road working fine and i can only envy your ride and wish you a long lasting partnership with your wonderful machine.

Hopefully a worthy replacement will come under the new leadership.
PioneerNB is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks