Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2021, 20:29   #1
BHPian

Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review

Hey all, hope you all are safe and healthy during these tough times.

This is my first review about a scooter and Scooters never really caught my fancy.

The background for getting a new scooter:

I lost my mom's white Honda Activa parked right in front of my house on March 20, 2021 and the ordeal to get an FIR and process a claim(fortunately I could get the FIR and initiate the claim, but the claim process will take months or years in some cases) is tedious and they'll make you regret why you own a vehicle. Plus I know that I'm never going to get back my mom's white Activa.

Meanwhile, we needed a two-wheeler(scooter) in case we need to run errands and my parents are not comfortable riding my Pulsar 200NS for such tasks. So initially, I had planned for a pre-owned scooter. I did search on OLX and other platforms and the asking prices are either absurd or the owner has not been transferred rightfully if the prices are low (for example Person X buys the vehicle from Person "A" and still uses the vehicle under Person "A"'s name on the RC and insurance). Please avoid such sellers as it'll be a problem at the RTO for us unless you're ready to spend more on an agent or go through a complicated set of procedures.

I checked a few scooters in person and most of them had some issue either with the vehicle or documents. That too I checked with individuals and not dealers. This is when I decided to go for a new scooter as the additional amount paid to get a new scooter is far better than getting into a soup.

We narrowed our choice to just one scooter and that was the Suzuki Access 125 BS 6. I didn't go with Vespa or Aprilia because they're not the most reliable scooters and almost costing more than 1.5 lakhs. Activa was also ruled out as we had owned 2 Honda Activas previously. Didn't go with TVS Jupiter or NTorq either as none of us at home were comfortable riding these scooters though they are competent.

Decided to go get the vehicle which was available in stock in any Suzuki showroom across Bangalore but the answer I got was "sir, please wait for 30 days if you want black colour". I wanted to go for a black Suzuki access but after seeing the midnight blue (greenish-blue in Suzuki Speak) shade in person with black alloys, I decided that this is the colour we're going to get. Didn't want to go for matt shades as maintaining matt colour is difficult given our dusty road conditions.

There are about half a dozen variants for the Suzuki Access (Steel Wheels, Alloy with Drum Brakes, Alloy with Disc Brake, SE[Black alloys with Disc brake] and Bluetooth edition which comes with both Disc and SE edition[similar to Gixxer speedometer but without RPM]). I went for the SE edition without Bluetooth connectivity as I don't require the fully digital speedometer as the scooter would be used for 70 km at max per week.

On March 24, I checked with 4-5 Suzuki dealers before making the booking payment and everyone told me that even if I need Black or Blue, I'll need to wait for a month. However, me being me, I started calling up all the dealers in Bangalore City and Advaith Suzuki had a greenish-blue Access ready for delivery.

The Retro modern look. Color is similar to the BMW's
Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20210324_150143_bokeh.jpg

Did the booking payment through google pay after seeing the pictures of the scooter and all the RTO forms were sent over email for signing and I took a printed copy the next day so that it'll be easier for delivery. This is the second time in my life I have purchased a vehicle and brought it home within a day (first was the 200NS, paid the booking in the morning and got delivery by 4 PM) with all the formalities finished so quickly.

My suggestion for those who are going for a Suzuki bike would be to go to either Aryan Suzuki(Domlur) or Advaith Suzuki(Basavanagudi) as they have better inventory and customer service compared to other Suzuki dealers.

The D-Day: 25 March 2021

I receive a call from the Suzuki sales rep and he tells me to arrive by 11 and I told him not to fix any accessories till I finish my PDI. Took a cab and reached the showroom on dot and did a PDI of the scooter and it was all good. I did try negotiating for discounts but they didn't even give a 20 bucks keychain for free! Looks like that there's too much demand for this scooter. Only then I released the full amount through NEFT and sealed the deal. I tried playing the insurance card as well but all the Suzuki dealers whom I spoke to told that they have a tie-up with Maruti Suzuki Insurance(supported by ICICI and the name itself was kinda strange for me) and cannot be bought externally.

Clocked just 1 km and the battery was connected before delivery. Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20210324_150255.jpg

The only additional waiting time was the accessory fitting as it took about 3 hours to fix all the accessories. I did double-check with all the documents and found that the extended warranty for 3 years(kicks in once factory warranty is over) document was missing. Then I spoke to the SA and he apologized for his mistake and everything went smoothly. The delivery was very plain-jane and please don't expect the kind of treatment you would expect from a car showroom.

Side view
Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20210324_183241.jpg

This is the first time I've taken a vehicle delivery alone due to the fear of Covid, none of my family members or friends was along with me for the scooter delivery. Tanked up the scooter and it was a good 20km ride back home with a stop at the Ayyappa temple in Subbana Palya.

A small glitch though, despite the dealer handling the RTO procedures, I had to personally go to the RTO office twice to get my vehicle number as the dealer does not handle KA-03 Registration often. Needed to follow up with the dealer as well as to why I didn't receive an SMS of the number. I got the road tax receipt the next day after delivery.

Total damages to the pocket:
  1. Ex-Factory price:57,000
  2. Ex-showroom price(after GST): 21,000
  3. Road Tax: 10,500
  4. Registration, Smart Card and HSRP License Plate: 2,000
  5. Insurance: 6,000
  6. Extended Warranty: 600
  7. Accessories(Handle gripper, Seat cover, buzzer, SS guard all around the scooter): 4,000

Total: Rs. 101,100

7 years ago, my geared 200cc Bike cost 1,000 less than this scooter and the same scooter used to cost 60% of its asking price today. I'm surprised by how much the cost of vehicles has shot up silently.

I could cover only 600 odd km and complete the first service in 2 months and this is a summary about my scooter a.k.a Zippy:

Zippy with the big brother:
Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20210325_175420_bokeh.jpg

Color Twinning!
Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20210325_175545.jpg

Ride and Handling: Quite good for a 125cc scooter. Comfortable seats and pliant suspension.
Zippy is shod with Maxxis 12" tyres for front and 10" for the rear and there's good feedback and grip from the tyres.

Engine: I've heard and experienced that BS 6 engines are a tad slower in acceleration compared to BS4 engines but this little scooter surprised me. It's surprisingly quick and agile and can touch 60 kmph real quick. A very peppy engine at a variety of speeds.

First Milestone. Notice the engine warning symbol on the left and the warning triangle symbol on the right
Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20210410_120136.jpg

I do follow the run-in procedure religiously and despite giving part throttle, the response from the engine is too good. The vehicle is still in the run-in period.

Utility: In terms of Utility, Zippy scores well in that regard too and has a lot of functional features such a charging port, two hooks to carry covers, an external fuel lid and a small bottle holder. Heck, this scooter even with a simple LCD display shows brightness levels, oil change/service interval, a clock, 2 trip meters, a fairly accurate digital fuel gauge and a battery volt indicator. The underseat storage is almost FLAT and can fit in a full sized SOL helmet with ease.

Fuel Economy: Since Zippy is still in the run-in period, I'm getting an average of 40-42 kmpl. I think it'll increase after the run in period and Suzuki is rightly marketing it by saying "Kam peeta hai". The earlier generation of Suzuki access was notorious for air filter clogging and low fuel economy

Maintenance: 1st service- 500 to 750km and the subsequent services are at intervals of every 3000-3500km or every 4 months. Costs within 2k for paid service. Almost on par with cars if we sum up the calculation for the whole year

Total ODO
Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20210523_141753.jpg

Trip A
Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20210523_141758.jpg

Time display
Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20210523_141804.jpg

Battery Voltage
Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20210523_141806.jpg

Brightness adjustment (need to long press to enter it's settings. Same thing applies to reset trip meter or change the time)
Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20210523_141814.jpg

Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20210523_141820.jpg

Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20210523_141828.jpg

A cool blue light for the charging port
Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20210523_141855.jpg

No more headlight switch. The red ignition switch looks good. Also on the LHS, high beam works in a similar way
Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20210523_141944.jpg

The Suzuki lettering on the taillight is new. Also the external fuel filler
Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20210523_141959__01__01.jpg

Aesthetics: I'm more of a function over form person and Zippy looks simple yet classy. It looks like a mix of the Vespa and Old LML and that's the reason why I've named the title Retro-Modern. The circled mirrors further accentuates the retro look

Lighting: The lights do an adequate job in lighting up the road. The LED does not dazzle the opposite side unlike the Honda scooters.

Additionally, depending on your riding style the light around the meter illuminates in 3 stages, Green for sedate riding, Ice blue for moderate and Dark blue for aggressive riding style. There's also a check engine light on the speedometer console.

Since the scooter has Fi and auto-choke, it's recommended to kick start the scooter at the start of the day. Surprisingly, the speed sensor is on the rear wheel for this scooter.

Bottom line: If you need a no-nonsense, practical scooter with a bit of fun within a budget, this is the one to go for. The competition is either overpriced or not as VFM as this one.

Parting shot!
Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20210325_175630_bokeh.jpg

This was the keychain I was talking about earlier :P
Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20210523_200256_bokeh.jpg

I Thought of writing this down as it'll be a respite during these tough times.

Take care and stay safe!

Last edited by jithin23 : 23rd May 2021 at 21:00. Reason: Attaching pic
jithin23 is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 05:12   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 07:40   #3
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations and great choice. The Access 125 is hands down the best scooter in the market today.

We were in the market ourselves and narrowed it down to this and the TVS N Torq and finally it came down to which of the two my wife (who just learnt to ride) felt more comfortable and confident on. Personally I would have been happy with either of the two - the N Torq pulls the heart strings more but the Access is just so Japanese competent and reliable.

My wife picking the N Torq just for reasons of her confidence on the bike aside (no science to this - pure noob choice from someone who’s quite short so you never know what aspect of ergonomics swung the decision for her), if I had to pick purely from the head, the Access would have been my choice too.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 08:41   #4
BHPian

Congratulations on your Access! Looks beautiful in that blue shade and the beige plastic panel fades a lot lesser than the Suzuki's black panels.

The Access is very comfortable and practical as well as frugal. I like it along with the TVS Jupiter.

My only wish is for more aesthetic fuel filler kinda like the one on Jupiter and for better alloy wheel design. Rest is a perfect package.

Enjoy your ride!
RavSam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 09:08   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Ride and Handling: Quite good for a 125cc scooter. Comfortable seats and pliant suspension
Thank You, @Jithin23, for your eye catching Access, and an equally pleasing review. You seem to be a fan of blue shades.

I've owned two old gen Suzuki Access and am happy that the new Access has negated many shortcomings of the older one. Barring the brilliant engine, the huge underneath storage and the ABS body of the older Access, everything else about that avatar from the suspension to lights to brakes to ease of maintenance was far from satisfactory.

On the new Access, here are some improvements.

1. Better ride quality
2. Better brakes
3. Spectra-wide and spectra-long seat - a very very useful addition

Quote:
Maintenance: Costs within 2k for paid service. Almost on par with cars
Very true. Scooters are almost as expensive to maintain as entry level cars today; end of the day, everybody's tummy needs the same intake

Quote:
Lighting: The LED does not dazzle the opposite side unlike the Honda scooters.
That is quite reassuring. I hate the LEDs on the Activa, and those morons have done nothing to change the design; irresponsible manufacturers with no concern for safety and comfort of other road users.

Quote:
Person X buys the vehicle from Person "A" and still uses the vehicle under Person "A"'s name on the RC and insurance).I checked a few scooters in person and most of them had some issue either with the vehicle or documents. That too I checked with individuals and not dealers
The issue of non-transfer of registration has almost become a norm in India. I'd blame the following for this

1. long, arduous and typically expensive experience in ownership transfer
2. one owner vehicles are the preferred norm in the used vehicle market, so people shy away from doing the transfer of ownership
3. Poor implementation of Motor Vehicle rules on ownership transfer

On the availability front, I found great examples of two wheelers in the few years that I spent in Chennai. I thought BLR, with its huge floating population, will provide the same experience; maybe the floating has become static due to the pandemic.

Last edited by vigsom : 24th May 2021 at 09:10.
vigsom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 09:37   #6
BHPian

Congratulations on the newest addition to your stable. She looks cute. I especially liked the color.

When you decided to go in for a new purchase, was any kind of electric 2 wheeler on your short list?
From what I read those are quite suitable for city commute.

Last edited by RedTerrano : 24th May 2021 at 09:37. Reason: Typo
RedTerrano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 10:09   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Congratulations and great choice. The Access 125 is hands down the best scooter in the market today.

Personally I would have been happy with either of the two - the N Torq pulls the heart strings more but the Access is just so Japanese competent and reliable.

If I had to pick purely from the head, the Access would have been my choice too.
Thank you Axe77! Yes, access is one such vehicle which appeals to the heart and head. To each their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Congratulations on your Access! Looks beautiful in that blue shade and the beige plastic panel fades a lot lesser than the Suzuki's black panels.

The Access is very comfortable and practical as well as frugal. I like it along with the TVS Jupiter.

My only wish is for more aesthetic fuel filler kinda like the one on Jupiter and for better alloy wheel design. Rest is a perfect package.

Enjoy your ride!
Thank you so much RavSam! The reason I went for blue was because of the black alloys because black alloys were not available in Gloss black colour. A couple of my relatives own Jupiter but doesn't seem like TVS vehicles age very well(no offense though). Good to know that the beige panel does not fade much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Thank You, @Jithin23, for your eye catching Access, and an equally pleasing review. You seem to be a fan of blue shades.

I've owned two old gen Suzuki Access and am happy that the new Access has negated many shortcomings of the older one. Barring the brilliant engine, the huge underneath storage and the ABS body of the older Access, everything else about that avatar from the suspension to lights to brakes to ease of maintenance was far from satisfactory.

On the new Access, here are some improvements.

1. Better ride quality
2. Better brakes
3. Spectra-wide and spectra-long seat - a very very useful addition

Very true. Scooters are almost as expensive to maintain as entry level cars today; end of the day, everybody's tummy needs the same intake

That is quite reassuring. I hate the LEDs on the Activa, and those morons have done nothing to change the design; irresponsible manufacturers with no concern for safety and comfort of other road users.

The issue of non-transfer of registration has almost become a norm in India. I'd blame the following for this

1. long, arduous and typically expensive experience in ownership transfer
2. one owner vehicles are the preferred norm in the used vehicle market, so people shy away from doing the transfer of ownership
3. Poor implementation of Motor Vehicle rules on ownership transfer
Than you Vigsom! The blue for the EcoSport was my mom's choice. The blue for the access was purely a heart decision as I saw the vehicle in flesh and I liked the color a lot. Actually I prefer black than blue. If there was a gloss black color with black alloys, I would have picked that over blue.

Exactly the reason why I went for Suzuki was they had fixed all the shortcomings from the previous gen and made the current gen a great package.

It was the maintenance alone which made me think twice about getting another scooter but a two wheeler can go places where 4 wheelers cannot be taken at all such as markets with small by lanes.

You're right on the ownership transfer procedures but it's better to get a used vehicle from a legit person rather than then getting it from the 2nd owner who shows the RC as the 1st o wner because in case of an accident or cops catch you, it's much more expensive than the transfer. On top of it the mental agony ones goes through is not worth saving a few bucks or one ownership less. Regarding ownership transfer and RTO procedures, its quite appalling in Bangalore because even for a simple hypothecation removal, they make it complicated and agents are running around everywhere. Even to cancel the registration of my most scooter I had to run about quite a few times.

Also, Bangalore does have a lot of floating population unlike Chennai and I've seen that used vehicles in Chennai cost much lesser compared to Bangalore.
Plus, people hesitate to go to RTO's because of their attitude towards people and the no.of times they need to run about.
I was casually checking for a used car and the difference in prices are huge as you climb up the segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Congratulations on the newest addition to your stable. She looks cute. I especially liked the color.

When you decided to go in for a new purchase, was any kind of electric 2 wheeler on your short list?
From what I read those are quite suitable for city commute.
Thank you Red Terrano! I did consider Ather as well but the long waiting period and parents are still skeptical regarding Charging times and charger locations and if they travel far during some days from one end of the city to the other end, the range runs out quickly and old people change their habits hard . Apart from Ather, there are not many options in the Electric scooter space. My next 2 wheeler will be an electric provide range and charging times improve. Only exceptions would be a superbike or if I'm able to get back my dad's '87 Yamaha RX100.

Last edited by jithin23 : 24th May 2021 at 10:10.
jithin23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 10:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride and wishing you many memorable miles ! The blue color looks cool and modern

I too have an Access 125, but the first generation one. The 125 cc scooter has enough power and neat classic looks compared to competition and can handle day to day duties well. However I don't prefer the crash guard kit as it takes away the looks, but it does adds practicality especially in city parking.

Regarding silent price hikes, you are absolutely right. Prices of 2 wheelers have shot up like anything, especially during the pandemic since these are in more demand

Last edited by TrackDay : 24th May 2021 at 10:20.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 11:31   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Congratulations on your new ride and wishing you many memorable miles ! The blue color looks cool and modern

I too have an Access 125, but the first generation one. The 125 cc scooter has enough power and neat classic looks compared to competition and can handle day to day duties well. However I don't prefer the crash guard kit as it takes away the looks, but it does adds practicality especially in city parking.

Regarding silent price hikes, you are absolutely right. Prices of 2 wheelers have shot up like anything, especially during the pandemic since these are in more demand
Thanks Trackday! Even I don't prefer crash guards but as you mentioned, they're very useful in the city. I chose blue because it looked elegant and classy

Prices and taxes have shot up exponentially for almost any item in India, which eat into emergency savings. Even the rich are feeling the pinch nowadays. Once lockdowns are lifted, only then people will realize how much we're paying. Especially the 260% tax on fuel.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 18:37   #10
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Jithin on your new scooter.

I have been using Access since August 2009 which came with an imported Japanese engine. After using it for 10 years I went for a new one in Dec 2019.

The earlier model had frequent brake shoe replacements but the new one is good. The power rating of the OE battery is just 3AH is my concern. Heard that the current model scooter is equipped with a 5AH battery.

Happy and Safe riding.
RGK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 20:13   #11
BHPian

Congratulations Jithin and thanks for sharing the experience with Zippy so far.

May be a old question to many in the forum, sorry if its repetitive. The service interval sounds more than frequent that of a car. Maybe not a good comparison. 3500-4000 kms for every 4 months is about 10500-12000kms a year. About 900-1000kms per month. Just thinking if this is the correct kind of interval or maybe this can be improved?
sunsivj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 20:34   #12
BHPian

In 2016, I purchased a Bajaj V bike(a 150cc too). It costed 66,000 rupees on road. And here these OEMs are, selling scooters at eye watering prices. This warrants a case study. Well, all thanks to the Covid-19 I guess.

Regarding the scooter, Congratulations. It looks classy and what hasn't been said already about the Japanese designed engine's reliable nature. The lights on the instrument cluster of this scooter reminds me of my Ciaz. No wonder they're both from the same brand. Green for tame driving, blue when you go pedal to the metal.

Last edited by DriverNo.420 : 24th May 2021 at 20:41.
DriverNo.420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 22:06   #13
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride!

Took me down memory lane when I bought a Suzuki access for my dad in 2019. The activa he was riding was sent to our native for use during our monthly visits.

I didn't pick the special edition as I didn't find it worth the premium. I bought the disc version which came with silver alloys. Exciting to see a one day purchase in process, although the dealer I picked the bike from - Meghdooth Suzuki said it would take a week to deliver even though the bike was in stock. He cited registration as the reason even though I paid the money in Full on Monday and got delivery on Friday. Suzuki dealers are the only ones who put a ribbon for scooter deliveries I guess. I was amused when I saw the ribbon on my scooter when I saw it during the delivery.

One of the best bikes in the 125 segment. I did stick to the Suzuki service till the free services were done. Post which the bike hasn't been serviced as it is biting dust since the lockdown. The scooter currently has 3500km on the odo for the 2yrs we have owned. Attached a pic of my scooter on the day of delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review-img_20190525_1155552.jpg  

Last edited by samuelv : 24th May 2021 at 22:10.
samuelv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 23:03   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congratulations Jithin on your new scooter.

I have been using Access since August 2009 which came with an imported Japanese engine. After using it for 10 years I went for a new one in Dec 2019.

The earlier model had frequent brake shoe replacements but the new one is good. The power rating of the OE battery is just 3AH is my concern. Heard that the current model scooter is equipped with a 5AH battery.

Happy and Safe riding.
Thanks RGK! Suzuki and Yamaha engines(especially the Japanese make engines) are the ones one can't go wrong with. I've used the earlier access too and you're observations are right about it. I didn't check the battery spec for the new one but I believe due to more electrical components 5AH makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsivj View Post
Congratulations Jithin and thanks for sharing the experience with Zippy so far.

May be a old question to many in the forum, sorry if its repetitive. The service interval sounds more than frequent that of a car. Maybe not a good comparison. 3500-4000 kms for every 4 months is about 10500-12000kms a year. About 900-1000kms per month. Just thinking if this is the correct kind of interval or maybe this can be improved?
Thanks sunsivj! Yes, two wheelers have more service intervals than a car. For any scooter it's between 3000-4000km or 4 months across manufacturers.
Royal Enfield had 3000km or 3 months service interval. Now they have a saner interval of 5000km or 6 months which is on par with Bajaj. This has been the industry standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
In 2016, I purchased a Bajaj V bike(a 150cc too). It costed 66,000 rupees on road. And here these OEMs are, selling scooters at eye watering prices. This warrants a case study. Well, all thanks to the Covid-19 I guess.

Regarding the scooter, Congratulations. It looks classy and what hasn't been said already about the Japanese designed engine's reliable nature. The lights on the instrument cluster of this scooter reminds me of my Ciaz. No wonder they're both from the same brand. Green for tame driving, blue when you go pedal to the metal.
Can't agree more on the prices. A Bajaj Pulsar 220 is 1.7L on road Bangalore and 200NS is 1.8L on road Bangalore. 2 wheelers are slowly getting out of reach for common folk and still people are silent about this silent killer- price hike

Similarly with cars. In 2014 XUV500 W6 was costing 13L on road Bangalore and the same car and the same variant(known as W7 now) costs nearly 18L on road today. You'll be shocked the way prices for Swift have increased. 10L on road today for Zxi+

Definitely a case study worth material with the rise in prices.

Oh yeah, Family traits need to be passed on and Suzuki is a master at that!

Last edited by SmartCat : 25th May 2021 at 01:26. Reason: Typo
jithin23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 23:11   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelv View Post
Congratulations on your new ride!

Took me down memory lane when I bought a Suzuki access for my dad in 2019. The activa he was riding was sent to our native for use during our monthly visits.

I didn't pick the special edition as I didn't find it worth the premium. I bought the disc version which came with silver alloys. Exciting to see a one day purchase in process, although the dealer I picked the bike from - Meghdooth Suzuki said it would take a week to deliver even though the bike was in stock. He cited registration as the reason even though I paid the money in Full on Monday and got delivery on Friday. Suzuki dealers are the only ones who put a ribbon for scooter deliveries I guess. I was amused when I saw the ribbon on my scooter when I saw it during the delivery.

One of the best bikes in the 125 segment. I did stick to the Suzuki service till the free services were done. Post which the bike hasn't been serviced as it is biting dust since the lockdown. The scooter currently has 3500km on the odo for the 2yrs we have owned. Attached a pic of my scooter on the day of delivery.
Thanks SamuelV! Yes, Suzuki dealers are the only ones who put a ribbon while delivering the scooter. My initial aim was to go for the same model you own in Black color but I saw the blue+black alloy combo which looked sporty, color was also rare out on the roads and the round mirrors which kind of reminded me of my dad's RX100, I went for it.

Yeah, access is the most VFM in the 100-125cc segment. Usually I insist on same day delivery of the bike/scooter after full payment. Almost all my two wheelers are one day purchases. Only my car took a week due to loan and interstate RTO formalities.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks