Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2021, 09:52   #16
BANNED

re: Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later

Congratulations!

wish you a safe and hassel free ownership for a long time!

The first time I saw a Pure showroom, I mistook them for a Vespa showroom.

I really appreciate your decision to go ahead with the purchase as I am a fence sitter unable to buy

I am now waiting of the launch of Ola scooter.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 08:53   #17
BHPian

re: Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatingCanvas View Post
Congratulations on your switch to Pure ride!

Your ride looks sweet in that matte black shade and is a much better iteration than most other Vespa-esque options in the market. And the real life range seems to be pretty close to what the company claims.

Wishing you many happy and safe miles ahead!

The bike's battery pack is like a computer cabinet fixed onto the usual engine mount. Almost a literal "Intel Inside" moment.
Thank you!
But since they'll be launching the Vespa Elettrica sometime in future, won't they sue other manufacturers for copying their design?(Like they did last year : Cartoq article)

Yes, it does look like they've straightup crammed in the battery pack, maybe some smartly shaped covers from both sides could improve the design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Congratulations!

wish you a safe and hassel free ownership for a long time!

The first time I saw a Pure showroom, I mistook them for a Vespa showroom.

I really appreciate your decision to go ahead with the purchase as I am a fence sitter unable to buy

I am now waiting of the launch of Ola scooter.
Thank you!
Most of the users don't trust the new startups and are waiting for TVS and Bajaj to launch their offerings in Mumbai(they don't seem to be interested yet), but for some reason I did connect with Pure's R&D towards batteries and believe that they have a lot of potential to grow in coming years.
Venky03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 12:09   #18
BHPian

500 KMs Update

Cleaned and lubricated the rubber bushes with a silicone lubricant as suggested by @visgom so the squeaking from rear suspension has been fixed for now.

Another issue that I encountered was that if you ride it at full throttle on mode 3 for more than 15-20mins, the MCB trips without any reason. Have informed this issue to the dealer, many users have faced similar issue and the replacement charges for MCB are INR 250 as mentioned by many users.

There's slight moisture inside the stop light, the washers and bolts holding impact guard have started to rust. The rear grab rail has started to rust from 2 areas. The mirrors have started to rust as well. Polished them and sprayed on WD-40, what else can I do to prevent rusting? Never faced this issue with my Jupiter. And this has happened in spite of keeping the scooter covered while parked.

For 502 KMs the scooter consumed 12.87 units which brings the per km rate to approximately 0.2 INR.

Offtopic:

Two days back when I went down to clean my car and scooter, I found the scooter in this condition :

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-1629268384244.jpg

This was the CCTV footage :

Last edited by Aditya : 31st October 2021 at 05:55. Reason: As requested
Venky03 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 13:49   #19
BHPian

Warranty Update

The updated part-wise warranty list :

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-page1.png
Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-page2.png
Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-page3.png
Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-page4.png
Old 29th September 2021, 04:57   #20
BHPian

Just saw a recent smoke/fire incident related to an ePluto (don't think it is the 7G variant, this comes with a smaller battery). Hopefully the company investigates and gives us more information soon. The fact that the battery is removable makes it possible that it could have been caused by some damage to the battery too - but hope we get some clarity on what caused this. This is the first incident I have heard of, related to ePluto

kartikthum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 00:11   #21
BHPian

Second Free Service Update

So, a new dealer has come up in my city :
Maitri Motors
S-1, 13,14 Golden Park Complex, Golden Dyes Junction Near ICICI Bank Majiwada Branch, Old L.B.S. Road, Thane (W) - 400 601, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400601

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-dealer.jpg

Changes that I requested :
MCB change (Tripped multiple times due to bad spring-mechanism)
Rear suspension adjustment (Was too soft for my liking)

The new dealer is located ~3kms from my place, old dealer was ~30kms.
They addressed the changes that I requested and carried out the regular tightening of bolts and oiling. Very happy with the new dealer as well, no-nonsense and transparent.

Old MCB:

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-mcb1.jpg

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-mcb2.jpg

Old MCB used to trip due to jerks:

New MCB:

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-newmcb.jpg

Now, the question which arises is that : Is localization forcing companies to opt for Indian vendors with poor quality products? This came to my mind because I've been reading about Kushaq's faulty fuel pumps.
Yes, there are good quality Indian vendors as well but then the price/quantity/demand comes into play.
I'm not criticizing any company or any policy, just a thought which came to mind because of correlated incidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikthum View Post
The fact that the battery is removable makes it possible that it could have been caused by some damage to the battery too - but hope we get some clarity on what caused this. This is the first incident I have heard of, related to ePluto
Not a big fan of viral videos with no reference/information regarding what really happened. The important message from this video is that EV users and fire departments should be made aware about how to deal with lithium battery fires.
And about the probable cause, this is a Epluto with a 60V 1.8kWh battery which takes ~4hrs for a full charge; overcharging frequently may have caused the issue.
It is clearly mentioned in the manual that battery should not be charged for more than 4-5hrs yet many users stick to overnight charging.
Would be interesting to see Pure's reply on this fiasco.

I use a smart relay for the same:
Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-img20210928wa0015.jpg
Venky03 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 12:15   #22
BHPian

Removed the plastic handle cover and it had left behind scratches on headlight, chrome and also rubbed off color from many patches. I was avoiding it for the same concern but the dealer and also my father had insisted on putting it on for added protection during monsoons.

Damage :

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-1634364118518.jpeg

The issues have started cropping up as most of the owners are removing the protective covers used for monsoons. One owner tried to polish it and this was the result :

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-img20210925wa0033.jpg

I had coated the whole body of my scooter with seal-n-shine for added protection, but could not do it on the front due to the plastic cover.
The paint used is a soft single stage layer, not sure about the gloss variants.

Resolution :
Both the local dealers don't offer paint correction yet, I have notified them about this issue but I think the resolution should be coming from Pure rather from their dealers. The color code was not known and local paint shops were unaware of the brand.
I decided to contact Sid from the Wrap Shop, we met up and decided the shade from the ones that he had in stock.

Vinyl Used :
Avery - Matte Metallic : Charcoal (AS9130001)

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-1634364340368.jpg

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-1634364340359.jpg

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-1634364305856.jpg

A fabulous job by Sid, can't really make out the difference unless you observe closely.

The rear suspension has started squeaking again and it is very irritating when the scooter is dead silent but the squeaks from the suspension ruin it.
Will spray wurth rubber spray again. What would be a long term solution for this issue? Taking apart the rubber bushes and coating them with silicone grease from inside OR completely changing the rear suspension?
Venky03 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 16:38   #23
BHPian

EV Charge Tracker App

I was searching for an app which could be used to keep a log of charging and distance covered for my EPluto. (something like Fuelio)
But most of them were just charge point catalogues or were designed for specific brand chargers only. So decided to make my own, the CO2 avoided metric was inspired from Ola(can someone please leak the formula they used ) for now I've used the stats from PluginIndia.
No-nonsense ev log app, no ads, no trackers, does not need any additional permissions and the data is stored on local storage.

The values for EPluto 7G and ETrance Neo chargers and batteries are hard-coded so it won't work with other brands, but if someone wants it for other brand EVs, you can provide me the required values and I can bake it for you.
I am yet to get a reply from PURE for improving the accuracy, but the current formula should provide fairly accurate values.

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-charge.png

Download
Old 28th November 2021, 21:20   #24
BHPian

Third Free Service Update

ODO Reading : 1,030

The squeaks from rear suspension were getting worse, also the main stand had started making a thud noise over rough patches. Reported both these issues, they have shifted their service center to a new place so was unable to get any proper shots myself but the service advisor was kind enough to send the photos and videos immediately on whatsapp.

Rear suspension rubber bush :

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-img20211127wa0006.jpg

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-img20211127wa0008.jpg

Both the rear left and right bushes were severely damaged and had to be replaced.

Main stand rubber buffer missing :

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-img20211127wa0009.jpg

Total Bill :

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-1638111921922.jpg

Bill Breakup -
Rubber bush (Both sides) : 70
Main stand rubber buffer : Free
Oiling, retorquing, cleaning : Free
Labour : 80

Again, very happy with the service; all of this was done in under 40mins.

Distance per charge :

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-screenshot_20211128211259033_com.acervenky.ev_charge_tracker.jpg

This average is calculated with 2 bars still left most of times.
Old 10th February 2022, 14:35   #25
BHPian

8 Month Update - 1364kms

My EPluto 7G has completed almost 8 months now, the running has primarily been in the city only.

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-1644478557826.jpg

Positives :

The powertrain and battery life is excellent, most of the times the scooter is used with 2 pax and still it is delivering 80-100kms per charge on mixed modes in city. I'm very happy with the range and niggle-free powertrain, but sadly this is where the positives end.

Listing down some of the main issues :

Headlights - They're bright but unfortunately most of that light falls on the face of oncoming traffic even on low beam. I'm sure the company is aware about this, it is a serious issue and there should be a voluntary recall to at least adjust the throw in a way that it doesn't blind the oncoming traffic.

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-1644130495557.jpg

Suspension - It's just present because they had to provide a suspension and that's about it. Don't know which vendor they're sourcing it from but it is not suited for Indian roads. They've updated the rear shock absorbers in the latest iteration of ETrance Neo, but will cost 2300 to upgrade. The rubber bushes in my rear shockers were already changed once, now they've started to squeak again.

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-1644130495572.jpg

Cosmetic condition - As I own a matte version, the paint is single stage. I was fine with it since I faced no issues with matte paint on my Jupiter. But the paint is too soft, it'll come off even if you use a good quality micro-fiber cloth. One of then users contacted the brand about it and got the reply that it can't be painted, instead change the entire panel; isn't this counterproductive?
Also the rust, it is present everywhere :

Please note that the scooter was protected with the provided cover throughout the monsoons.

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-1644130495512.jpg

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-1644478718028.jpg

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-1644478717988.jpg

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-1644478557869.jpg

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-1644478557838.jpg

Product branding starting to fall off, also the company logo and every chrome surface on the scooter has also started to rust and I can't use a chrome polish on it without touching the paint.
Need to polish the chrome ring around the headlight and the chrome mirrors almost every week.

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-1644478557890.jpg

Very soft plastics used.

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-1644478557814.jpg

Now, this is my friend's EPluto which is just 2-3 months old and is the new model with increased boot space.

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-img20220205wa0002.jpg

And he is facing the same major issues, so this means that the company has decided to not take any action regarding the initial feedback from early adopters.

When I confronted my dealer regarding this he asked to get the mirrors painted or replace it with a new pair.

Conclusion :

I'm generally very optimistic with Indian startups as I'm myself a part of that ecosystem, but at earlier stages of a brand it is very important to start acting up on the basis of customer feedback.

I've tried to contact them on the provided whatsapp number about the same but no response even after a month. Now lodged a formal complaint last week from the form provided on their website, will keep this thread updated with how it goes.

Even after facing such issues, I would've happily dismissed them as gen 1 issues and invested in a gen 2 product from them; but it seems that they're not ready to acknowledge that the issues are present in first place let alone fix it. I was completely aware that the EPluto is a gen 1 product and was ready to deal with the niggles, but ignorance and total lack of customer support from the brand is unacceptable.

I've had very pleasant experience with both their dealers in Thane(Maitri Motors) and Borivali(RC Automobiles) but it always comes down to the brand at last.

I expected better from PURE, but it seems that they have different goals.
Venky03 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 09:42   #26
BHPian

Re: Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later

I'am sorry but some of the fault lies with the customers as well in trusting these small, new, unknown and sort of sketchy brands, even an Ather and Ola can and do have issues but one knows they have the backing and huge investments so they can expect a certain quality and aftersales support but with brands like these, it is a huge gamble.
See any automotive product be it a car or scooter is made up of hundreds of parts and if you think about it so much can go wrong but companies, with huge R&D budgets and experience painstakingly address all of these issues and the general quality and reliability we experience with most mainstream brands is certainly not by accident, electric scooters have opened doors to relatively newer, smaller and sketchy companies to thrive, It is a huge risk to take IMHO and one should refrain from it at all costs.
This is not a rant or condescending in any ways but general PSA and I hope you don't mind it.
Rocketscience is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 23:47   #27
BHPian

Re: Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later

I have the same scooter in the same colour as the OP's. Mine was bought in August 2021. In fact, I bought this scooter after reading OP's review. Now coming to the scooter. It was for my Mom but will be used by everyone in the family. Let me share some of my insights about the scooter-
Positives:
1. Excellent Powertrain as OP mentioned.
2. Great range(100kms to 110kms on mode 2 and 3 combined)
3. Excellent Maneuverability(we had a BS-3 Fascino before)

Negatives:
1. Horrible Plastic quality (they seem to break on touch)
2. Compulsory add-ons like seat covers that cannot be skipped and costs almost Rs.3000
3. Rattles and squeaks within a week.
3. Suspension (feels like Riding a Horse)
4. Average service center experience.
5. Average Brakes.

Am I having buyer's remorse?
NO

In our household, we typically use our two-wheelers for 3-4 years and for about 40-50k kms.
If this thing runs for 40k kms, I'll be more than happy.
Currently clocked around 7032kms in the ODO.

OP:- Have you bought extended warranty for your scooter?
If yes, did they give any kind of paperwork or receipt for that because, my dealer just keeps saying the company didn't give it yet.

P.S:- This is my first post in team-bhp, Please point out if any mistakes are made.

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-whatsapp-image-20220211-11.24.59-pm.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 14th February 2022 at 07:56. Reason: Grammatical errors
nithishsaba is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 20th February 2022, 11:25   #28
BHPian

So I got a call from them roughly a week after putting in my complaint, they assured me that all the issues will be resolved by my nearest dealer, the mirrors will be painted black, headlight will be adjusted, suspension will be inspected and asked me to visit the dealer when possible.

For the rust issue, they mentioned that it may be due to close proximity with coastal surroundings.
And they mentioned that I have to be more careful with matte paints as they're not well protected, but I have never faced such issues with my matte Jupiter. After 7 years :

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-img_1058.jpg

I visited my dealer yesterday and asked them to fix the issues, but they said that company has not informed them anything about the paint or headlight adjustment. I tried to call the number I got calls from, one was switched off and another was just ringing.

Asked my dealer to check the suspension as they had started squeaking again, and was surprised to see that the replaced rubber bushes were damaged in just 300 odd kilometers of city driving.

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-1645334578709.jpg

Seems like the first gen suspension setup was not made with keeping Indian roads in mind, will try to get them replaced as well. Also my time was wasted as the company had not yet communicated with my dealer.

From their call it seemed that they're genuinely willing to fix the issues, but now I'm confused. Will keep the thread updated on how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithishsaba View Post
OP:- Have you bought extended warranty for your scooter?
If yes, did they give any kind of paperwork or receipt for that because, my dealer just keeps saying the company didn't give it yet.

P.S:- This is my first post in team-bhp, Please point out if any mistakes are made.

Attachment 2271469
Welcome aboard!
I've not yet opted for the extended warranty as it is non-transferable and I'm not fully satisfied with their resolutions.
Venky03 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 13:57   #29
BHPian

BMS Issue - Resolved Under Warranty

I've put up a relay with timer for charging the scooter which has been used since day 1. The battery has never been charged for more than 4hrs, and I always try to keep the charge levels between 15-90%. Despite all this the BMS went kaput for some reason, I charged the battery for 4hrs last wednesday and then brought back the scooter to main parking area. The next day in evening when I tried to power it up:

Called up my dealer and informed about the issue, the technician visited and concluded that it was due to a faulty BMS. Unfortunately they did not have the spare available, so called up the Borivali dealer; he had the part but was asking me to bring the battery to him instead of sending over the part to my nearest dealer. Messaged the PURE twitter handle, they arranged a call back within 40 mins. I explained the scenario and they promised to call back with a resolution, by day end they said that Borivali dealer is ready to send the part but I'll have to pay for the courier. I booked a porter the next day and got the spare delivered to my place.

Thane dealer asked me to bring in the battery and promised to fix it within an hour, but I was very busy so just dropped the battery and BMS. Picked it up next day, the battery is in warranty so I was not charged anything. PURE's team was constantly in touch with me and taking all the updates.

My takeaway :

They are willing to fix the issues but are hard to reach, I don't actively use social media so relied on traditional channels like phone, email and WhatsApp to reach out to them. The dealer pointed out to their WhatsApp, after no reply for almost a month I filled up the form on their website and got a call back only after 7 days.
7 days is a long turn around time, and when I wanted to contact them again the number which had called me was not answering, the company's number was switched off and the form on their website showed the following message :

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-pur.jpg

So, I was forced to login to my twitter and message them out of frustration, and was surprised with a turn around time of 40 mins.
But my main concern is that the customer service should be easily reachable, what about folks who don't use social media? At least provide a contact number if you can't actively reply on whatsapp.

The customer support experience was bang on the second time and helped proactively solve my issue within 2-3 working days; this is what I expected the first time and was deeply disappointed.

The issues with suspension and rust are still pending, anything that is not plastic has started to rust :

Pure EPluto 7G Electric Scooter | Ownership Review | EDIT: 8 Months and 1,364 km later-1646381855529.jpeg
Old 12th March 2022, 21:34   #30
BHPian

The battery in my PureEV ePluto 7G has degraded tremendously. After just 2 yrs it is just giving around 60 kms range. The worst part is with around 3 out of 5 bars remaining, it suddenly drops to zero making me stranded. This is a huge inconvenience for me and I am planning to go to PureEV showroom to check if it can be replaced under warranty.

Not at all happy with it since I had high expectations from it since the battery is not Chinese made but assembled in India.
souvikjana83 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed