Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2022, 20:09   #31
BHPian

re: Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant

i still don't know why this needs to exist , if RE wants this to be a road based Himalayan , why not give it alloy wheels and tubeless tires or a bigger windscreen?

the scram also doesn't look like a proper 'scrambler' , because the high set front mudgard has been removed.
Old 10th February 2022, 20:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

I really like these jazzy new metal keychains. Hope they give it a rubberrized protective coat so that it does not scratch the finish of the bikes.

RE over the past 10 years has become a great merchandising company. To the extent that even guys not riding their bikes choose to use RE merchandise like jackets, gloves, coffee mugs, etc.

The bike per se looks really ugly though, in my individual opinion, especially now that we actually have a beautiful true blue scrambler in the flesh already launched by Yezdi. Hope this is a pre production prototype and that the real one when launched looks less of a Himalayan without its robes.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 10th February 2022 at 21:01.
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 21:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
RE over the past 10 years has become a great merchandising company. To the extent that even guys not riding their bikes choose to use RE merchandise like jackets, gloves, coffee mugs, etc.
Guilty as charged.

I'm a fan of the clothes and stuff, despite being far away from being a fan of the bikes. They've got some of the most stylish biker threads, great prints on T shirts, nice poser value.

They've done some nice tie-up goods with Revit and TCX. Their collection of ISI certified helmets is very cool, especially the new dualsport helmets. And that fibreglass retro-helmet by Axor with the buttons all over the chinbar that has been modded for RE with vertical slits... what a difference that makes. These guys have got taste.
drt_rdr is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 21:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
Guilty as charged.

I'm a fan of the clothes and stuff, despite being far away from being a fan of the bikes. They've got some of the most stylish biker threads, great prints on T shirts, nice poser value.

They've done some nice tie-up goods with Revit and TCX. Their collection of ISI certified helmets is very cool, especially the new dualsport helmets. And that fibreglass retro-helmet by Axor with the buttons all over the chinbar that has been modded for RE with vertical slits... what a difference that makes. These guys have got taste.
Double guilty.

Someone needs to petition RE not to sell merchandise to haters.

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-img_20220210_214658.jpg

See what my brother in law and sis in law got me for my 51st B'day.

On topic, wish RE somewhere down the line resurrects the CI Bullet and delivers us from such further monstrosities ...

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 10th February 2022 at 21:53.
ebonho is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 10:42   #35
BHPian

It would make better sense if RE launches this as a limited edition variant rather than long term. It makes no sense as there are very few differences to differentiate this from the standard variant.
Old 11th February 2022, 11:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

The upcoming RE Scram although looks like a half hearted attempt from RE for building a Scrambler if it was meant to be so, but the fact that some people getting intimidated by the 21 inch front wheel and towering stance on the Himalayan cannot be ruled out. I am not sure what the designers or the company thinks about the target segment for this motorcycle, maybe they are targeting city riders who want a more user-friendly motorcycle having 19 inch front wheels to improve handling, lowered seat height, etc. If RE does not equip this motorcycle with different riding modes like what CL did to their Yezdi's, then it is a missed opportunity.

If RE is targeting city riders then they should consider offering LED lamps, alloy wheels (as an option), softer suspension, etc. Engine wise the 410 LS is a proven engine only if they tune it well for city riding with a lighter clutch. If someone wants to modify it into a Scrambler then I am sure there will be plenty of aftermarket options as it is with all RE motorcycles.

Being a road biased motorcycle, it would be great if RE equips this with a much needed 6th gear.

Last edited by navin_v8 : 11th February 2022 at 11:10.
Old 16th February 2022, 18:59   #37
BHPian

Looks like the RE Scram has started reaching dealerships. RE doesn't really believe in the discreet approach in launching a new variant, do they!?

Looks like the motorcycle has been christened "Himalayan Scram".

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-img20220216wa0065.jpeg

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-img20220216wa0064.jpeg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th February 2022 at 19:21. Reason: Watermarking added. Thanks for sharing
Geo_Ipe is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 19:18   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Looks like the RE Scram has started reaching dealerships. RE doesn't really believe in the discreet approach in launching a new variant, do they!?

Oh boy.. does this look ugly ! I reckon RE will do a service to the yezdi scrambler if this is how the production bike looks.

I suppose RE does need that kick in the shins.
KayEss is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 19:36   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post

Attachment 2273495

Attachment 2273494

Looks cool to me tho. I love it.

If I were to buy a honker of an RE and didn't want the classic, this would be my choice. I always loved the Himalayan from the time it was launched. I genuinely hope they'd addressed the QC concerns from the previous model to this scram model. This would be perfect to me in the city and occasional highway runs with that Long Stroke engine. Does it have 19 inchers on both ends?

The black one with the retro red and chrome yellow stripes screams YUM to me!
saitvsk23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 10:27   #40
BHPian

Honestly, looks good to me. Hope it retains the comfort level of the Himalayan, I might just get in line and snap one up. Vis-a-vis Scrambler, sticking to Royal Enfield blindly for legacy reasons- my father had 3 of them over a 25 year period, and he passed away earlier last year. So this is more a tribute to him than any spec sheet battle.

Last edited by Sudarshan42 : 17th February 2022 at 10:49.
Sudarshan42 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 10:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

White one looks like something from GTA series. Looks better in dark color though. Hopefully some improvements in engine output!
giri1.8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 13:42   #42
BHPian

Nice move by RE, now they have a scrambler-ish model in their portfolio suitable for city and weekend rides. I know of many people who were not going for the Himalayan as it was a serious tourer and was not a weekday bike for office commute and city hauls.

The bike looks comfortable with the 19' front and should still have sufficient GC.
Loved the new paint scheme.
Asif 6959 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 13:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Himalayan Scram 411 to launch next month

Royal Enfield has announced that the Himalayan Scram 411 will be launched in the first half of March 2022.

Name:  IMG20220216WA0065.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  56.3 KB

The Himalayan Scram 411 is a road-biased version of the Himalayan. The bike features a smaller 19-inch front wheel but retains the dual-purpose tyres. Instead of a windshield, a shroud surrounds the round headlamp. The bike also gets a stepped seat, wide handlebars and an upswept exhaust.

Dealer dispatches of the new model have already begun. Recent images suggest that the bike will be offered in dual-tone colour options.

The Scram 411 will be powered by the same 411cc single-cylinder engine that powers the Himalayan. It produces 24.3 BHP and 32 Nm and comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
TusharK is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 16:21   #44
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield is finally set to launch its upcoming Scram 411 motorcycle in India on 7th March.

Name:  SmartSelect_20220218161941_Chrome.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  268.7 KB

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 18th February 2022 at 16:28.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 16:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

The color scheme on RE Scram 411 looks awesome. This can be a perfect city bike for commuting + some weekend fun. If RE has retained the same suspension setup as the Himalayan then it will be a breeze to ride the Scram 411 on uneven and pathetic roads of Bombay especially during/after monsoon. Given the overall condition of the roads in Bombay due to the ongoing metro work, this motorcycle will make the ride less bumpy. Its good they have equipped it with dual purpose tyres, considering the condition of average Indian roads. Again this will make a good proposition as a city bike with the proven tractable torquey motor with minimal gear shifts and mild-off roading during weekends.

Like I mentioned, people who were intimidated by the Himalayan's stance will be more comfortable with the Scram. I sincerely hope RE redesigns the chassis or reinforces the critical points of failure on this troublesome chassis platform. Also if they make the headlamp turn with the handle akin to Yezdi Adventure then it would be great. Only thing to be seen is if the handling could improve with new 19 inch front wheel. Alloy option would be great, given that RE offered it for the erstwhile Thunderbird.
navin_v8 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed