Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2022, 22:34   #76
BHPian

re: Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant

Looking at all the promotional pics makes me wonder - Is one not supposed to sit down on the seat while riding this motorcycle?

Jokes apart, it looks like a good and interesting product if they have taken care of the frame issues. The chassis is from a different company. So there is hope.
arijitkanrar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 10:37   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
RE Scram 411 Urban off-roader? Have to find in the coming days!
Accessories of Scram 411:
RE Scram 411 Accessories.pdf

Source: Rushlane

RE Official Site: https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/gma/scram411/

Last edited by ManneAtWheelz : 16th March 2022 at 10:47.
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 13:42   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekSpeller View Post
I have RE 350 (Standard Edition without Electric start) and I love how comfortable that sitting position is. The sitting position looks like similar to what my bike has.
Hello, I have a RE CL500. The sitting positions of the CL and STD are more or less identical. But they are totally different from the Scram 411. Just check the riders knee position in the Autocar review video. Though the rider doesn't lean forward but his knees are completely bent. Can be uncomfortable if you have knee issues or if you like a relaxed sitting posture which the CL/STD offers. The Scram is not a cruiser bike to me at least.
Pkumarblore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 18:14   #79
BHPian

I think RE brought their A game with the color options. Two glaring misses for me:
1) Alloys wheels
2) switchable ABS.

If the use case is an urban Scrambler + softroad tourer, they should've had these two.

P. S: that grey red trident lookalike color scheme is absolutely delicious !

P. P. S: i don't know who will buy this. I won't for sure; not at this weight.

Last edited by KayEss : 16th March 2022 at 18:15. Reason: Small edits and additions
Old 16th March 2022, 20:08   #80
BHPian

The SCRAM 411 is already dead on arrival. I mean why would anyone go for a scram when all you have to do with a Himalayan is to remove the extra bits from it. The 411 cc engine may be a great unit for a scrambler but the design is just downright horrible compared to its competition.
ron_9191 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 21:30   #81
BHPian

the testing was on for such a long time. It is surprising how close it is to the Himalayan in almost everything.

The main differentiator is the color scheme.

It is at least a year of waiting for whatever RE has planned for a higher capacity Himalayan if rumors are to be believed.
Old 19th March 2022, 19:36   #82
BHPian

I,for one, am happy with what I see. IMHO, RE is trying to push the entire motorcycle culture forward by giving us (mainstream) options in different categories.

With the scram 411, it has given me everything that I would have ended up doing if I had bought a Himalayan. A design, that doesn't scream off road and something that can be a daily purpose commuter.

Yet to ride or watch a review to give my opinion on the bike itself, but so far so good.

Thumbs up from my side. Good job so far RE.

Cheers
Old 20th March 2022, 22:45   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Today morning, I spotted a couple of Himalayan Scram 411 motorcycles at a local restaurant. Up close, the bike does look quite impressive. The difference in the wheel size at the front does give the Scram 411 a different "vibe" (pun not intended!) when compared to the ubiquitous Himalayan. Royal Enfield has done a good job with the paint schemes. When I saw the media reviews, I didnt really like the colour combinations that were on offer but after carefully observing the bikes, I have changed my mind. That white and red scheme is just delicious!

That said, the fit and finish is not perfect. There are some gaps around the headlight cowl etc. But it is still miles better than the poorly finished Yezdi Scrambler.

After months of seeing the spy pictures of the Scram 411 prototypes, I didnt have very high interest levels for this launch. But the media reviews have been fairly positive and I think Royal Enfield has done well to create a sub category within its products, to cater to buyers who want something fun but without the baggage of the Himalayan brand / design / chassis break lol snide comments. I think Royal Enfield will do a few thousand in sales every month and I doubt that the Yezdi Scrambler will do even half that number.

While I was closely checking out the bikes, there were a bunch of 45+ year old men who were also giving them a quick look. I enjoyed overhearing this - "Aaah, it looks OK. Doesnt look as good as a Bullet ...."

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_094241.jpg
Attention grabbing

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_095030.jpg
Side by side with the Himalayan

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_094325.jpg
The colours are for the young at heart

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_095310.jpg
Looks smart when parked alongside the Himalayan

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_095302.jpg
Rear grab handles look neat and are probably very useful

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_094720.jpg
The grab handles

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_095045.jpg

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_094442.jpg

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_095037.jpg

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_095022.jpg

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_094405.jpg

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_094538.jpg
Rider seat looks very comfortable

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_094531.jpg
As does the pillion seat

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_094502.jpg

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_094449.jpg

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_094505.jpg

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_094437.jpg
Welds could have been better

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_094428.jpg

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_094311.jpg
Smartly designed front mud guard

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_094710.jpg
With a nifty fender extender as well. Nicely done!

Scram 411: Royal Enfield Himalayan's road-biased variant-20220320_095057.jpg
A Volvo bus could drive through this panel gap
neil.jericho is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 19:37   #84
BHPian

Took the test ride few days back. The bike is smooth and refined. Sitting position is comfortable, and the suspension works great (90% like Himalayan). The console is good, all the necessary information are shown. As I ride Standard 500, lack of tachometer didn’t bother me; although its addition would have been better. The side panels are flared out a little, and not everyone will find it desirable. I compared the panels with those of Himalayan, and they seemed to be swappable. Also, the lack of non switchable rear ABS was not a concern to me yet, as I am no proper off-roader. Probably it will worry me in near future, but then you can remove the rear sensor, and you are good to go.

I don’t have much to complain about it. There should have been a proper windshield, or at least a direct fitting offering as an accessory. Also, just 5kgs more lighter(total of 11.5kgs) would have made this bike great. But this is what we have got no matter what we say or suggest.

The bike in its entirety is a good package. More manageable than Himalayan, and more sharp at riding. But as long as Himalayan is there, it will always be treated like an adopted one. Even though I am praising it here, I am too in dilemma of whether to buy this or Himalayan.
NTab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 23:34   #85
BHPian

Hi,

I am not sure why, but I cannot find reviews from actual buyers. Neither on YouTube nor anywhere else, though, Scram 411 was launched a couple of months back.

Is this because it is a failed product from RE, or people are too busy "scraming" that they are not updating their feedback/review online?

Any lead will be helpful as I am confused between INT 650 and Scram 411. Or should I wait for a few months for a newer model from RE stable?

I appreciate any help you can provide.
Old 26th May 2022, 07:11   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailinder View Post
Hi,

I am not sure why, but I cannot find reviews from actual buyers. Neither on YouTube nor anywhere else, though, Scram 411 was launched a couple of months back.

Is this because it is a failed product from RE, or people are too busy "scraming" that they are not updating their feedback/review online?

Any lead will be helpful as I am confused between INT 650 and Scram 411. Or should I wait for a few months for a newer model from RE stable?

I appreciate any help you can provide.
It’s too early to say whether this product has failed or not. It was launched just 2 months back, and going by the waiting periods of RE, not many bikes would have been sold by now. The bike is as reliable as BS6 Himmy.

Take the test ride and decide for yourself. And even after that, if you are confused, write down your requirements, and the pros and cons of both bikes. It will make decision making a lot easier. Don’t go by general consensus. If you feel scram suits you, buy it.

There are going to be a lot of REs getting launched in 2022/2023. So if it’s not urgent, you can also wait.

Ps- you can also check VStormSX. Seems to be a quite all rounder bike.
NTab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 22:28   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTab View Post
It’s too early to say whether this product has failed or not. It was launched just 2 months back, and going by the waiting periods of RE, not many bikes would have been sold by now. The bike is as reliable as BS6 Himmy.

Take the test ride and decide for yourself. And even after that, if you are confused, write down your requirements, and the pros and cons of both bikes. It will make decision making a lot easier. Don’t go by general consensus. If you feel scram suits you, buy it.

There are going to be a lot of REs getting launched in 2022/2023. So if it’s not urgent, you can also wait.

Ps- you can also check VStormSX. Seems to be a quite all rounder bike.
Thanks for the clarification.

I made the point basis my observation as I could not find any review from the end-users either on YT or otherwise. I test rode the Scram-411 a couple of weeks back, and the dealer was ready to give delivery in less than a week across the colour range in Bangalore.

I need an opinion on CB350 (RS or Highness), Scram-411, INT 650 net-net a better city bike with occasional highway capabilities.

I am a returning rider who is 45 yrs old and have been riding Pulsar 150 for over 15 yrs, and I have a TVS-NTorq for occasional city run. I also want to introduce my son & daughter to biking, and they are 16yrs n 13yrs old.

My expectation from the bike:

1. Easy to ride as a solo and with a pillion (my wife).
2. Decent mileage (will be used occasionally)
3. People from Bangalore are aware of the roads/humps etc., so I need a bike with decent suspension for a smooth ride (critical factor).
4. Ok-ish service network
5. That's pretty much as of now

Thanks for your suggestion in advance.
Old 27th May 2022, 07:21   #88
Senior - BHPian

I would say VSTROM 250. Just check it out
Quote:
I need an opinion on CB350 (RS or Highness), Scram-411, INT 650 net-net a better city bike with occasional highway capabilities
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 18:39   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification.

I made the point basis my observation as I could not find any review from the end-users either on YT or otherwise.
I recently went to the RE Showroom to check out the Himalayan and completely forgot that the Scram even existed until after I booked the Himalayan Well that's probably why the demand isn't very high mostly because it is essentially a stripped down version of the Himalayan. To be fair, it does actually have a very specific use case though!

Quote:
I need an opinion on CB350 (RS or Highness), Scram-411, INT 650 net-net a better city bike with occasional highway capabilities.
Among these three, My best bet would be on the CB350 or the Scram. As much as I love the 650 Twins, they may not make for great city bikes because of the exhausts sticking out on both sides (Which will be a hindrance in bumper to bumper traffice) and the comparitively low fuel mileage.

The CB350 is an excellent city machine and a good highway tourer. Honda in addition has the proven reliability factor going for it.

The Scram on the other hand, has that Himalayan-like ride quality where you can pretty much glide through bad bumps in the road without an issue. Its also lighter than the himalayan, making it easier to manoeuvre in the city. It also has very similar dynamics to that of the Himalayan so it should be good on the Highway as well with the 80-100 kmph cruising speeds.

The Vstrom is also a good contender but although the bike seems promising, I'v eonly heard bad stories about Suzuki's After Sales and Spare Part Availability. Worth keeping in mind.
WhiskeyTangoFox is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 00:55   #90
BHPian

Quote:

1. Easy to ride as a solo and with a pillion (my wife).
2. Decent mileage (will be used occasionally)
3. People from Bangalore are aware of the roads/humps etc., so I need a bike with decent suspension for a smooth ride (critical factor).
4. Ok-ish service network
5. That's pretty much as of now
As @Sebring suggested, you can check VstormSX. It definitely suits your requirements.

Given your requirements, you will have to compromise on one or another with the bikes available.
1. CB 350 is a great smooth bike, but it misses in low end torque and the engine lacks character.
2. Scram411 suits your every need, but the engine runs hot in bumper to bumper traffic ,and it fails to match the quality level of CB350/650 twins.
3. 650 is one of the best parallel twin motor, and most fun to drive motorcycle in the lot. Driving in traffic is cumbersome though.
4. VStormSX has a solid Suzuki engine. Extremely beginner friendly, and predictable which is a plus point for you. But you have to compromise on suspension setup. Not a very plush one.

Take long test rides, and go by your intuition.
NTab is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks