Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2010, 18:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
AFAIK, there are 3 types of service,silver(199/-),gold(299/-) and platinum(399/-).There is a board where it shows/says what all things will be serviced in these categories. Check that and give your vehicle.They may say sir, these things have to change and if you feel it is not required and only one of those service is required then you have to tell them first itself
Cool! Will PM for you for more info a little later! Thanks for your help!
Old 28th January 2010, 19:11   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
KRRaj/anyone, try the castrol bike zone at mahadevpura. They are good. I am giving my bike from past 3 years and I am getting good service
Thanks for the tip. But It is too far from my place to go :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
They are quite ordinary. Nothing to brag about atleast. I see them taking nearly 85-90 bikes a day for servicing. I have even witnessed customers arguing with the SA that none of the work they had informed about was done on the bike and they had just cleaned the bike. So beware.
Oh. I do have a few complaints that need sorted out and now I need to think twice.
Old 28th January 2010, 19:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Oh. I do have a few complaints that need sorted out and now I need to think twice.
A few points i have noticed about the regular service [not pro-biking] which might help you decide if you want to go to them:

* Monday mornings there will be an inherent water problem and your bike will not get washed properly. They will quote some reason or the other and say that they will get it done free of cost next time but it never happens.

* The SA takes nearly 75-80 vehicles in a day. I was once waiting for the pro-biking SA to come down from the 2nd floor and it took him nearly 20 mins. During this time the other SA taking the Pulsar's, Platina's etc was so ignorant of the complaints being made it ticked me off.
[I subtly pointed it out to the service center manager who brushed off the issue stating requirement to take in a fix number of vehicles per day blah blah blah!]

* There were at least 4 customers [1 platina, 1 discover, 2 Pulsars] who were arguing loudly with the SA's [Yes there are 2-3 of these incompetent people] for not addressing any of the work which they have mentioned.

The biggest drawback here is, the billing is in the 1st floor for regular service and 2nd floor for pro-biking. Until you settle the bill you will not get the gate pass. Before settling the bill, they take your signature stating the work is carried out to your satisfaction when you don't even get a chance to see the bike before signing!!

If your free services are up, then I suggest getting the bike serviced at a good local mechanic. I am doing it for the RTR160 which I purchased recently. I am getting it serviced at a local mech who does a very good job.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 28th January 2010 at 19:52.
Old 28th January 2010, 20:06   #19

Hi
I have a 2008 Karizma-R and had faced the same problems with all authorized service centers.......i got really frustrated and finally got to know of V-Care bikes in St.Thomas mount.....

The owner is Mr.Vincent.......He's a retired Railway engineer....Highly trained, experienced.....He attends only one vehicle at a time.... strips the whole vehicle down.....washes all parts with extreme care and precision.....attends to all of your complaints with genuine care.

If you have the patience and time, you can sit with him and get proper knowledge of bike mechanicals and maintenance tips.....

My bike was in pretty bad shape.....It took 3 full days to complete the service.... I paid Rs.6000/- ....believe me.....the bike felt as good as new...It was worth every paisa i spent....

You can visit official website [COLOR=#008000]vcarebikes.com for further details....[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#008000]-Senthil[/COLOR]
Old 29th January 2010, 12:34   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
A few points i have noticed about the regular service [not pro-biking] which might help you decide if you want to go to them:
Hey, thanks for the detailed report.
I was thinking of giving it this Monday, thanks for pointing it out.

I used to give at Kalyani Bajaj where also very similar amounts of bikes are taken, but the SAs were polite and listened and took note of all complaints.

About getting the signature before giving the gate pass, I see it happening everywhere, even when I gave my car to servicing.

I think I am going to stay at Kalyani Bajaj this time as well, even tho it is about 15km from where I stay. Lets see how they handle me this time. I dont give my bike to Mechanics until someone highly recommends them.

Last edited by KRRaj : 29th January 2010 at 12:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks