Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2007, 19:52   #1

Bajaj bike mechanics: good & bad / discussion

I wonder what what experience you had in Chennai with Bajaj mechanics, and if you have ever done the engine overhaul. The Bajaj Authorized dealer in Kolathur (Chennai) seem to have broken my Pulsar 180 and want Rs.6000 for engine overhaul... :-(
Old 13th May 2007, 03:18   #2
BHPian

Its not just Bajaj or Chennai, the majority of our mechanics have poor knowledge. You cant blame them because the salaries are hardly writing home about. That doesnt mean that good mechanics are not there, if a mechanic likes to explain the job he did or is planning to do then on an average he will be good. Next time scout around your area for a good local mechanic who likes to do what he is doing.
BTW not all Bajaj mechanics are bad...
Old 15th May 2007, 14:32   #3
BHPian

Depends, you have to know which one is good and whose bad and then make sure only the good mechanic touches your bike.

Btw how come 6k? are you getting the crank changed?
Old 15th May 2007, 15:18   #4
BANNED

Why don't you try Jai Auto at Adayar / West Mambalam / Tambaram Sanatorium?

Jai goes out of the way to help me if my 10 year old KB125 needs any spares.

Last edited by hrag : 15th May 2007 at 15:20.
Old 15th May 2007, 15:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Why don't you try Jai Auto at Adayar / West Mambalam / Tambaram Sanatorium?

Jai goes out of the way to help me if my 10 year old KB125 needs any spares.

Yeah, i heard they are good too, only problem would be that he would have to travel 30Km/25Km/45Km to reach those destinations & that too twice. There is a KLN service centre in Anna Nagar. my brother gives his bike there. why dont you try them out once.
Old 22nd May 2007, 19:05   #6
BHPian

Bajaj mechanics are sick even here in Bangalore, my brother has a bajaj bike and you know what, I will need an entire day to explain how bad bajaj service is!
Old 23rd May 2007, 21:05   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Bajaj mechanics are sick even here in Bangalore, my brother has a bajaj bike and you know what, I will need an entire day to explain how bad bajaj service is!
Similar thoughts on bajaj, have had two bikes from bajaj in the last 5 years service for the first was pathetic at the centre in BSk Hanumanthnagar.Got the second one serviced at khivraj on kasturba road, which is lot better.
Old 23rd May 2007, 21:49   #8
BHPian

same experience here too. Bought a 180UG3 and thought the Pro biking guys would be professional enough to get the service done. Everytime I've been there, my bike comes back with a new problem which never existed. Finally got a small bajaj sub dealer who just has 1 mechanic and few bikes to cater to near my place. That guy does a much better job as he does not have too much load.

I think the main problem is the amount of bikes that these guys have to cater to on a daily basis. Most large service centers priority is only to make sure the nos happen, so they hardly give that personalized attention which is needed.
Old 23rd May 2007, 21:58   #9
BHPian

@ sunnychennai : If you work nearer to mount road, you can try khivraj motors. They are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
I think the main problem is the amount of bikes that these guys have to cater to on a daily basis. Most large service centers priority is only to make sure the nos happen, so they hardly give that personalized attention which is needed.
Exactly the problem with Jai Autos, West Mambalam. Numbers matter more than service. But this is my own experience

Last edited by pugram : 23rd May 2007 at 22:00. Reason: Added the Jai autos bit
Old 28th January 2010, 15:36   #10
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Anyone has experience at Khivraj Bajaj, Indiranagar, Bangalore? How are they to give my bike for servicing? I was a regular at Kalyani Bajaj, Mekhri Circle but have moved to Indiranagar now and it is too far.

Help appreciated.
Old 28th January 2010, 16:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

KRRaj/anyone, try the castrol bike zone at mahadevpura. They are good. I am giving my bike from past 3 years and I am getting good service
Old 28th January 2010, 16:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

They are quite ordinary. Nothing to brag about atleast. I see them taking nearly 85-90 bikes a day for servicing. I have even witnessed customers arguing with the SA that none of the work they had informed about was done on the bike and they had just cleaned the bike. So beware.

I am servicing my P220 at the same place in their pro-biking unit and even the pro-biking service is just average to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Hey Guys,

Anyone has experience at Khivraj Bajaj, Indiranagar, Bangalore? How are they to give my bike for servicing? I was a regular at Kalyani Bajaj, Mekhri Circle but have moved to Indiranagar now and it is too far.

Help appreciated.
Hi Shishir,

Details of the whereabouts/landmarks would help please. Am planning to not go to Pro-biking for paid services. So the address and landmarks of this place would help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
KRRaj/anyone, try the castrol bike zone at mahadevpura. They are good. I am giving my bike from past 3 years and I am getting good service
Old 28th January 2010, 16:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Hi Shishir,

Details of the whereabouts/landmarks would help please. Am planning to not go to Pro-biking for paid services. So the address and landmarks of this place would help!
Abhinav, If you are coming from Marathalli then you need to come towards KR Puram.Then after you cross the bagmane tech park(on the ORR) before the next junction on the right hand side is this castrol bike zone(you need to take right U turn to reach the bike zone).
If you are coming from Whitefield/tin factory then you need to turn towards marathalli and in the next junction take the service road go-ahead for 300mts and you will find the bike zone.
Old 28th January 2010, 16:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Abhinav, If you are coming from Marathalli then you need to come towards KR Puram.Then after you cross the bagmane tech park(on the ORR) before the next junction on the right hand side is this castrol bike zone(you need to take right U turn to reach the bike zone).
If you are coming from Whitefield/tin factory then you need to turn towards marathalli and in the next junction take the service road go-ahead for 300mts and you will find the bike zone.
Gr8! Thanks a lot! Its very close by to my place as i stay close to Bagmane Tech park in CV Ramannagar!!
Old 28th January 2010, 16:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Gr8! Thanks a lot! Its very close by to my place as i stay close to Bagmane Tech park in CV Ramannagar!!
AFAIK, there are 3 types of service,silver(199/-),gold(299/-) and platinum(399/-).There is a board where it shows/says what all things will be serviced in these categories. Check that and give your vehicle.They may say sir, these things have to change and if you feel it is not required and only one of those service is required then you have to tell them first itself

Most Viewed