Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2007, 10:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Very nice review crazy.It is apparent how passionate you are about your bike . About your delivery part ,it is really commendable that overdrive took it up on your behalf and got you the bike .Keep riding safe bro ..cheers
Old 18th May 2007, 10:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Good write-up. The 180V2i with black coating still looks hot.

whats next ..mods?
Old 18th May 2007, 12:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
You should exercise more and drink less beer.. you should stick to driving porsches and skylines.. Bikes are not your pint of beer.
Drink less beer? thats preposterous. i love beer. but i hardly drink any beer now, except when i come home to blore cos the beer sucks bigtime here. and I get enough exercise goddy, after i leave the pub i walk quite a lot, briskly in fact. mostly cos there are no auto's willing to take me home. and ur right, bikes are not my pint. so i hardly ride now, unless its a nice crotch rocket.

and porsche's and skylines, thanks for the kind words dude. i will do that regularly someday. hopefully not on indian roads.

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th May 2007 at 13:06.
Old 18th May 2007, 14:52   #19
Team-BHP Support

Nice review there CD.
The bike still looks all shiny, despite the many kms covered.

I agree with the point you mentioned regarding the poor servicing for the Pulsar and also the chain issue. I have literally given up on the chain if my bike and it keeps whining while i choose to ignore. Fed up of having to replace the chain sprocket twice already.
Old 18th May 2007, 15:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice review, felt nice to read.

Yes the P180 is a nice bike with low maintainance & good mileage. Reminds me of my P180.

Wishing you many happy miles with your steed
Old 18th May 2007, 15:40   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
No is the answer. Its due the fact that pulsar has sportly low seating position. Its a really drag on the hands especially if you are short like me.
Good review, this inspires me to write a 4 year, 42000kms review on my workhorse, HH Ambition.
yay!!! another person inspired...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Excellent review CrAzY rIdEr and the pics look very good specially the 2nd one

P.S Is it you doing the wheelie in your avtar?
The second pic was taken on the very first day... actually... I had a nice day today, washing and polishing both car and bike... So, i guess, i will be able to put some new pics soon...
Old 18th May 2007, 16:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Nice report Sujay.!!!
Rarely we get to see a Bike's long term usage report here..!!!
Keep it coming.!
Old 18th May 2007, 16:22   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Nice report. Spoken like a bhpian.
The 180 is a great machine. VFM in it's absolute sense. And you don't need to go for the digital console; not worth the moolah.
I really wonder why your friend's ZMA's giving 23 KMPL, though. The worst I've heard of is 25. Nevertheless, no two machines are the same..
And about the Fireblade- trust me, your Pulsar can whup it around corners- tight corners, that is...
Inside the city...

But, i'll make it very clear that i never say P180 DTSi is better than ZMA or vice versa...

From what i have felt, ZMA is a better in some aspects, except that its is expensive and running costs are high... ZMA has better straight line stability, better highway prowess and the big bike feel... P180 DTSi is better at raw acceleration, FE and ownership costs...

So, i guess, if money doesnt matter ZMA makes more sense... Otherwise, the P180DTSi will be a beter choice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistakenguy View Post
Excellent review crazy !!! We haven't met in quite sometime .. How about a ride soon after the exams ???
yaa... Miss our old biking days... We'll sure have some fun after the University exams...
Old 18th May 2007, 16:27   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Good write-up. The 180V2i with black coating still looks hot.
whats next ..mods?
Mods... well... Not yet... if everything goes well, some performance mods will come soon... May be k&n and rejetting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Nice report Sujay.!!!
Rarely we get to see a Bike's long term usage report here..!!!
Keep it coming.!
Long time no see...
How are you???
Old 18th May 2007, 16:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Dont go for filter upgrade if you are into long rides, the sound brings more fatigue on highways(I had one on my Pulsar). Also if you dont want sound then try to get the filter in box itself.

If you decide to go for one get the classic 180s jet as its size is 115 while the stock DTSi jet is 112.5. Not a big change but safer.
Old 18th May 2007, 19:36   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Dont go for filter upgrade if you are into long rides, the sound brings more fatigue on highways(I had one on my Pulsar). Also if you dont want sound then try to get the filter in box itself.

If you decide to go for one get the classic 180s jet as its size is 115 while the stock DTSi jet is 112.5. Not a big change but safer.

Thanks a lot... Didnt know about the jetting part...

Well... My usual is to college and back... About 15 kms a stretch.... Long rides come once in a bluemoon, so the noise wont be too much of a problem..

However, filter change is not an immediate priority as am happy with the performance of the bike... will do that as budget (and parents... hehe) permit...
Old 18th May 2007, 20:28   #27
Team-BHP Support

Some pics taken today...

Took some snaps today... Some in my small VGA camphone, and some in my friend's 2MP camphone...

Didnt get the pics from him yet... These are the pics taken in the VGA cam... Sorry for the poor quality...

My P180 DTSi and WagonR after a nice bath...

Waiting outside college...

Old 18th May 2007, 21:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics once again CrAzY RiDeR, the best part about BAL is that you can update your bike with new features like the Digital Speedo et all.
Old 19th May 2007, 11:12   #29
Team-BHP Support

Some better snaps... :D

One of the best things i like about the pulsar is the paint quality... The red is not the ferrari red that i would have preffered, however, the Pulsar 180 red, does have a magical touch if it is polished, specially with the sun reflecting of the tank...

Taken yesterday on my friend's SE k750i...

Today, with a nokia 6630

Old 3rd July 2007, 23:50   #30
Team-BHP Support

Guess no one has much interest in bikes!

hehe. Anyways, just updating if it may help someone. Heavy monsoons here. So, bike has done close to 10.8k only. not much running these days almost two months after the 10k mark.

Keeping the bike clean has become real hard, and am kinda worried about rusting since the bike is getting wet almost always due to the rains. Might have to go for covers for the bike.

Bike continues to be reliable and trouble free. No problems at all these days.

Most Viewed