Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2021, 23:56   #31
BHPian

Re: The best two-wheeler ads

How can we forget the iconic RX100. This ad might not be the best in terms of messaging but lack of words/lyrics and the sheer pleasure being experienced does come out well.

mmxylorider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 00:21   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Beyond a doubt...all the best motorcycle ads are by Bajaj

One of the prime reason being, Bajaj ads, if not all, most of them are emotional, like meeting an old lover, father coming home, family's support in togetherness, friends hanging out, honesty etc.
This one is probably my favourite Bajaj Pulsar ad. I was in school when this came out on the TVs and man what an impression it had on me. Also that all black Pulsar looked absolutely stunning, by far the most mean looking 2 wheeler back then on our roads.

AdvanceStarter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 01:34   #33
BHPian

Have to go back to 2003 when this ad was ALL the rage. Which eventually made me go get mine. In the same Candy Blazing Red colour. Even got a rider safety cd with it! Jet Set Go was the phrase. I still love her and shall always do. The first ever Karizma ad. My second fave ad is the Avenger I forgive them all. Classic!

Last edited by coolmel : 27th September 2021 at 01:36.
coolmel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 02:11   #34
BHPian

That I'm a TATA fan would be an understatement. But not a fanboy at all. Have avoided Tata after a cold response from the showroom and sour experience from buyback guy - a decade back. Nevertheless, wished to buy a TATA Tigor, it took such a long wait that my patience took the good of me and I went for a brezza. Thank you Tata for the delay.

But what prompted me to write was a video I saw today regarding phone companies like Lava and Micromax going to oblivion after the entry of Chinese brands like Xiaomi, oppo etc.

The lesson is that, Micromax did not have it's own r&d which Tata does have, but when I heard that Tata is getting it's motors from China, I saw some similarities vis a vis the phone companies demise.

So first mover advantage is definitely there and so is the data from the vehicles sold (the running data).

That's an invaluable asset.

Technical people who build the car generally overlook the fact that most of the buyers have zero understanding when it comes to EV ( not the one's in Team bhp) and some other well brained minority But the Vaaasst majority don't even know that a good earthing is required for 15amp socket charging elsewhere. Also that is recommended to slow charge after a few consecutive fast charges.

Also the charging infrastructure needs to put a 15 amp slow charging socket in case the fast charger doesn't work on the car for some good reason.

When Koreans and japanese start entering big time, then we've to understand that market is ripe, but they are only as good as good customer service and bullet proof after sales service, that too with Indian staff. If that's taken care off with more than adequate R&D. India should start exporting to foreign countries. And if I'm not wrong Mr Ratan Tata, purchased JLR not only for the snob value, but also to know how Western markets work and what they prioritise on. Once their cash is finished they will also require cheaper cars and perhaps the 4 star and 5 star GNCAP are aimed at a future global market too, may not be in the near future, but surely in the distant future. Well if that happens, perhaps, I'll become a fanboy..
Old 27th September 2021, 06:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
How can we forget the iconic RX100. This ad might not be the best in terms of messaging but lack of words/lyrics and the sheer pleasure being experienced does come out well.

RX100 Ad
There is an even more original ad for the RX100, which involves racing with a girl in a convertible car on a beach and then performing a wheelie and takes off over the car, that was one hell of a stunt (for its time). The background music is from Top Gun. I am not able to see it on Youtube.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 27th September 2021 at 06:32.
Old 27th September 2021, 10:54   #36
BHPian

Should have been named Made in Madras, just like the Made in Mysore Yezdis.
Reminds me of my old bullets, Yezdis, the 90's, the boarding school, and the erstwhile Madras.
The lady has such beautiful eyes. :-)

Last edited by jeeva : 27th September 2021 at 11:00.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 15:31   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I wanted to post this in the "the best car ads" thread, but now that we have the motorbikes section, I'm creating a new thread. Mods, please merge/move if you deem necessary

The new series of Ather ads are beautifully made. from the concept to the background score to the the video, all convey the message clearly without even uttering a single word

https://Youtu.be/VvlESNxpLtY

https://Youtu.be/BuWOcTCS5PI

https://Youtu.be/5LLjiAe02WY
Wow! These are so well made.
1) Not insulting any other brand - Check
2) Showing actual relatable scenarios - Check
3) No dialogues - Brilliant
5) Catchy tune - Check
amitkumarsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 10:28   #38
BHPian

This one was a hit from TVS.
Old 27th February 2024, 10:30   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

No idea if this will qualify here. Those who have watched Animal (Ranbir Kapoor movie) will relate to it.

Most Viewed