Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2021, 18:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

TVS Apache RR 310 BTO sold out; bookings reopen on Oct 1

Earlier this year, TVS launched the 'Built To Order' (BTO) platform, which enables customers to personalize their Apache RR 310. Well, the first batch has been sold out and bookings will reopen on October 1, 2021.

TVS Apache RR 310 BTO sold out; bookings reopen on Oct 1-242903525_264703578843122_2296163210077824047_n.jpg

TVS is offering two performance kits for the Apache RR 310. The Dynamic kit includes fully adjustable front and rear suspension that offers adjustment of preload, rebound and compression damping. The Race kit includes a more aggressive and tucked in handlebar, raised and slightly rear-set footpegs with a knurled finish that allow for a higher lean angle and better straight-line stability. The kit also comes with an anti-rust brass-coated drive chain.

Customers can also select from different graphics, including a special 'Race Replica' livery, personalized race numbers and black or red coloured alloy wheels.

The 2021 Apache RR 310 is powered by the same 313cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine as before. It produces 34 BHP @ 9,700 rpm and 27.3 Nm @ 7,700 rpm. The engine is paired with a 6-speed gearbox via a race-tuned slipper clutch.
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 19:41   #2
BHPian

Re: TVS Apache RR 310 BTO sold out; bookings reopen on Oct 1

Sending out a release for clocking 150 bookings, which itself took almost a month. Seriously, TVS?
I mean, I'm an RR310 owner myself, don't get me wrong. I love the bike and the brand, but this seems like they're kinda pushing it just to keep the model in the news.
Torque_Curve is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 19:57   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
Sending out a release for clocking 150 bookings, which itself took almost a month. Seriously, TVS?
I mean, I'm an RR310 owner myself, don't get me wrong. I love the bike and the brand, but this seems like they're kinda pushing it just to keep the model in the news.
Completely agree with you, this is just a PR email which has no significance, except that bookings open again in one week, going by the luke warm response it will probably take one more month to sell them.

Last edited by AtheK : 24th September 2021 at 20:06.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 20:05   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Completely agree with you, this is just a PR email which has no significance, except that bookings open again in one month
Today being the 24th, bookings will open in exactly one week.

Sold out for a week!

This has to be a flagship entry for GTO's thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-sold-out.html (Emerging PR trend in India | OEMs faking "my car is sold out")
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 20:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

If it is built to order, how can it be sold out for a week? It should always be sold out and then only built when someone places an order. Silly.
amol4184 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 20:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
If it is built to order, how can it be sold out for a week? It should always be sold out and then only built when someone places an order. Silly.
Correct

They just made ready certain number custom kits and closed the booking as soon they were ordered.

Someone teach them what BTO manufacturing strategy means.As you said its production is scheduled and made only after receiving the confirmed customer order. Here are few strategies companies follows

MTS - Make to Stock
ATO - Assemble to Order
MTO - Make to Order
ETO - Engineered to Order
MTO+E - Make to Order+Engineered

Last edited by Latheesh : 24th September 2021 at 21:26.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 21:32   #7
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 26th September 2021 at 07:23.
clementw is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th September 2021, 15:03   #8
BHPian

Pure Gimmick !! As an admirer of the TVS brand, I find this as the company's desperation to keep this model in relevance.

I had visited the TVS hosur factory 2 years back and was awed by the BMW & Apache 310 assembly line and precision but this kind of 'sold out' posters will only make them the next jawa.
RaghavEvoX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 09:49   #9
BHPian

It is possible that a certain quantity was earmarked for BTO which they would have surpassed but this king of marketing is distasteful. Being stocked out for anything over a month should be okay to advertise.

I do love the BTO concept though. I hope all manufacturers adopt this soon. OEM customisation takes away the worries of traffic police stops.
Old 2nd November 2021, 14:15   #10
BHPian

Got my rr310 delivered yesterday , ordered it through the BTO platform on 23-Sept , there were some major confusions during delivery regarding amount however at the end of the day all sorted out . got it from Dimple motors KR Puram Bangalore - overall happy , folks anybody with any queries on BTO pricing let me know
at the same time i m gonna bug existing owners soon with technical queries - first of which is a radiator guard necessary?
hungrygamer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 00:19   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygamer View Post
Got my rr310 delivered yesterday , ordered it through the BTO platform on 23-Sept , there were some major confusions during delivery regarding amount however at the end of the day all sorted out . got it from Dimple motors KR Puram Bangalore - overall happy , folks anybody with any queries on BTO pricing let me know
at the same time i m gonna bug existing owners soon with technical queries - first of which is a radiator guard necessary?
Congratulations on the purchase! Do pen down an ownership review if possible. If nothing else, do elaborate in the confusions you had during delivery so that others (members as well as readers) are prepared to avoid the issue you faced.

Coming to the radiator guard, I'd definitely recommend getting one. In fact, if you have a good quality guard that you know of, please let me know too. I'm on the lookout for one after I saw my radiator guard's condition during the periodic service last month. Attaching a pic below. There is a little damage, but nothing that affects the capability of the bike in any way, atleast according to the mechanic at the SVC.
And this is the condition due to the horrible roads in and around Mumbai, even after trying my best to pamper the bike anywhere and everywhere I go.

TVS Apache RR 310 BTO sold out; bookings reopen on Oct 1-img_20211021_114922.jpg
Old 4th November 2021, 15:53   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
Congratulations on the purchase! Do pen down an ownership review if possible. If nothing else, do elaborate in the confusions you had during delivery so that others (members as well as readers) are prepared to avoid the issue you faced.

Coming to the radiator guard, I'd definitely recommend getting one. In fact, if you have a good quality guard that you know of, please let me know too. I'm on the lookout for one after I saw my radiator guard's condition during the periodic service last month. Attaching a pic below. There is a little damage, but nothing that affects the capability of the bike in any way, atleast according to the mechanic at the SVC.
And this is the condition due to the horrible roads in and around Mumbai, even after trying my best to pamper the bike anywhere and everywhere I go.

Attachment 2227271
Thanks TC - let me answer the radiator guard query 1st , just search in amazon "rr310 guard" - you will get some results , attaching 1 link below
will definitely need service center assistance in installing

Regarding the confusion , as all are aware the Ex showroom price is 2,59,900
and I had added the dynamic package of 12k

1st confusion
Now the dealer - Dimple TVS was invoiced an amount which was greater than 259900+12000 so they were not clear where the extra amount came in and the TVS team was slow in answering

2nd confusion
as stated above the total amount included the 12k dynamic pkg - which I had paid online at the time of booking however again this was invoiced to dealer - I gave them a letter stating I have received the said pkg , I think he will reimburse from TVS

3rd confusion
this was dealers 1st BTO and they were not sure ex showroom price was 259900 or 259900+12k as the road tax needs to be calculated on the ex showroom price (I think ) however I asked the dealer what would they do for normally 310 , he said would consider 259900 and finally that was considered

4th confusion/issue
The finance team was real slow and I was under a wrong impression that cheque payment can be made - anyways I had added the dealer 1 day back as payee only so somehow could only do NEFT and that took its sweet time , waited at the dealer for 3 hours and finally came home however the same evening after an hour of reaching home- the xfer was done and they home delivered my black beauty

So guys if you are an ex showroom . on road price noob like me just stick to the sheet of expenses all dealers have and stick to the ex showroom price you see in the BTO app
I honestly think the Dimple TVS guys were not trying to fleece anything just confused with minimal communication from TVS

https://www.amazon.in/TRP-TRADERS%C2...5%2CB094JLYH4J

Last edited by GTO : 5th November 2021 at 08:18. Reason: Typo
hungrygamer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 16:37   #13
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygamer View Post

So guys if you are an ex showroom . on road price noob like me just stick to the sheet of expenses all dealers have and stick to the ex showroom price you see in the BTO app
I honestly think the Dimple TVS guys were not trying to fleece anything just confused with minimal communication from TVS
Congrats on the bike, how about sharing a few photos of the beauty?
rbp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 14:36   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Congrats on the bike, how about sharing a few photos of the beauty?
There you go dear sir
Please excuse the absence of mask, helmet or any protective gear - these pictures are for demo purpose only ��
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Apache RR 310 BTO sold out; bookings reopen on Oct 1-img20211105wa0013.jpg  

TVS Apache RR 310 BTO sold out; bookings reopen on Oct 1-img20211105wa0012.jpg  

TVS Apache RR 310 BTO sold out; bookings reopen on Oct 1-img20211105wa0003.jpg  

TVS Apache RR 310 BTO sold out; bookings reopen on Oct 1-img_20211101_194906.jpg  

Last edited by hungrygamer : 5th November 2021 at 14:37.
hungrygamer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 14:24   #15
BHPian

A few observations, updates and questions

Observations

great to drive in city or highway
Will fit people from 5ft6 to 6ft IMHO , very tall guys will have to bend a lot
tank grips required definitely for ease of handling
Ride by wire throttle needs a lot of getting used to
Gears are not the smoothest but hey it's a new bike so hopefully will get better
High beam blinds the front person

Updates

Pasted a tank anti scratch pad , easily got in Amazon
next to be added tank grips
Have a nice thigh saddle bag , good to keep small stuff
Will add pics of these
Will talk to dealers regarding the radiator cover and update here

Question

What do people think of ceramic coating
If it's a good to have thing - frellow Bangalore Bhpians what do you suggest, I was thinking of autoritz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks