Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2022, 17:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: High security number plate in Karnataka?

In Bangalore and the rest of Karnataka:
  1. The number plate should be painted and font and size confriming to RTO specifications.
  2. Sticker of any kind is not permitted.
  3. IND plates are permitted.

Logically this is correct. Idea behind this is with stickering it can be tampered with easily. Painted or IND plates, not easy to tamper with. Of course one can replace the entire plate for ones that are painted/IND plates, just that stickered one from very long ago is not allowed.
funkykar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 20:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdn317 View Post
I am still trying to find how a valid Number plate looks like so that I can change the number plates of all my vehicles to that format soon.
I believe this (High security number plate in Karnataka?) still holds good.

Today also Bengaluru Traffic Police tweeted about the same.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 21:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I believe this (High security number plate in Karnataka?) still holds good.

Today also Bengaluru Traffic Police tweeted about the same.
Unfortunately, they have not made a mention of how numbers may be put across. Can it be stickers in specified font or should it be painted or should it be embossed like IND. I wonder if they purposefully keep it vague.
Old 31st January 2022, 13:51   #34

To avoid any argument with the police. I ordered my HSRP number plate online from a vendor who claims to be approved by the government. I received the number plates for the bike but not the color coded sticker. It seems in Delhi the color coded sticker is required for two wheelers also but I am not able to confirm it clearly anywhere.

Before placing an order I talked to the vendor - Godawari Techno solutions on phone. The person sounded genuine and explained to me that laser printed serial number has first two digit code (TD for Godawari) allocated by the government. Rest of the 10 digits in serial number is generated in factory for tracking and they do not share it with RTO.

The number plates received looks are per the spec. I already have similar plates installed on my car by the dealer when it was handed over for registration (after 2019).

Godawari quoted decent rates including home delivery charge - Rs 500. Please check the attached invoice and plates snapshot. Also, you can search their website online to order. Do read their Google reviews as they are rated low for responding to emails/packaging/customer care number etc.
Attached Thumbnails
High security number plate in Karnataka?-number-plate.jpg  

High security number plate in Karnataka?-invoice.jpg  

agelesstravelle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 15:29   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesstravelle View Post
The number plates received looks are per the spec. I already have similar plates installed on my car by the dealer when it was handed over for registration (after 2019).

Godawari quoted decent rates including home delivery charge - Rs 500. Please check the attached invoice and plates snapshot. Also, you can search their website online to order.
Thanks for sharing. INR 500 including shipping is quite reasonable. That is almost the same price charged by most shops for the HSRP look alike plates.
Do the plates also come with non removable snap on type screws? And can it be installed by any shop or do we need to go to an RTO approved stall?
Old 23rd February 2022, 16:00   #36

Godawari shipped along with non-removable screws (4 numbers). I just got them installed from a nearby shop. I am not aware if there is any need of RTO approved installer. Just ensure that the installer has the tool to install non-removable screws else they cannot fix them.
agelesstravelle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 00:33   #37
BHPian

I got the HSRP plates for my Dzire from Godawari Techno solutions from their website
https://www.bookhsrponline.com/
Paid total of Rs. 818 including shipping. Received plates in about a week. Their product shipped update reached me after the product itself is delivered Apart from this, it was a smooth experience.

I know that HSRP is currently not mandatory for old cars, but it's not easy to convince the cops everytime they stop you. So, I thought it's better to get the HSRP or its look alike which meets RTO criteria for number plates.

I'm currently driving an MH registered car in Bangalore and was not sure how to go about getting hsrp, but this website made it quite easy. Posting here as there may be others in similar situation.

I have given my car for service and asked them to replace my old plates with these. They are going to fit these plates in a frame and not with the rivets provided. Is this not allowed?

Last edited by Everlearner : 5th March 2022 at 00:37.
Everlearner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 18:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesstravelle View Post
I ordered my HSRP number plate online from a vendor who claims to be approved by the government. I received the number plates for the bike but not the color coded sticker. It seems in Delhi the color coded sticker is required for two wheelers also but I am not able to confirm it clearly anywhere.
Thanks for the reference. I had ordered HSRP for my car and received it few days back. Initially there was some data mismatch in their system as my order was linked to another registration number, but they called me to confirm and corrected. Due to this, there was some delay in delivery of the plates. Total cost was ₹818.03.

They sent registration sticker for the windshield with both serial numbers of HSRP printed on it. Colour coded sticker was wrong, sent for BS-IV petrol (Blue), but mine is BS-IV diesel (Orange). After complaining they sent me correct Orange sticker.

They also sent four rivets and I got the plates installed at the service centre during vehicle servicing.

Last edited by airbus : 15th March 2022 at 19:04. Reason: Added cost.
Old 10th May 2022, 14:06   #39
BHPian

My registration plate is a Maharashtra HSRP one and needs to be replaced by Karnataka HSRP one. KR Puram RTO is saying that they will print new RC only after I install new HSRP number plate and send them snapshot of the same.

If I order online, how easy or difficult is it to install HSRP number plate by ourselves(replace old HSRP one)? Your feedbacks will be appreciated.
Old 10th May 2022, 14:21   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post

If I order online, how easy or difficult is it to install HSRP number plate by ourselves(replace old HSRP one)? Your feedbacks will be appreciated.
I recently got my number plate for my bike and the plate is riveted to the motorcycle and it is not fitted with regular nut and bolts. Dealers should be able to do it since the riveting requires special tools. So my suggestion is to take it to a dealer or number shop where they have the riveting tool.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 14:50   #41
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

There is no need to rivet, it's not compulsory, can fix by two way tape also
Old 10th May 2022, 15:17   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
There is no need to rivet, it's not compulsory, can fix by two way tape also
I think such an arrangement would defeat the whole purpose of an HSRP, that it can't be removed from a vehicle without damaging it as the rivets are non removable. Please get it fixed with the rivets only, local number plate manufacturing shops or any two wheeler showroom nearby would have the required tool.
Vtach is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 18:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Thanks for the reference. I had ordered HSRP for my car and received it few days back. Initially there was some data mismatch in their system as my order was linked to another registration number, but they called me to confirm and corrected. Due to this, there was some delay in delivery of the plates. Total cost was ₹818.03.

They sent registration sticker for the windshield with both serial numbers of HSRP printed on it. Colour coded sticker was wrong, sent for BS-IV petrol (Blue), but mine is BS-IV diesel (Orange). After complaining they sent me correct Orange sticker.

They also sent four rivets and I got the plates installed at the service centre during vehicle servicing.
Howz the quality of the plates? I plan to order the frame as well. Totalling to about 1100
Old 6th June 2022, 19:53   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNG-motorhead View Post
Howz the quality of the plates?
Quality of plates is fine but quality of the windshield sticker is not good, already saw some fading. Also, they seem to be little confused with colour codes of the sticker. They sent me blue colour sticker and I had to reqest for orange colour sticker for my BS-IV diesel car.
Old 28th June 2022, 11:12   #45
BHPian

how to get HSRP number plate in Bengaluru

How to get HSRP for cars registered before 2019 in Bengaluru?

I checked various posts before asking this query. Other posts mentioned bookhsrponline by Godawari but they don't accept orders and phone/email is not contactable.

Similarly, bookmyhsrp does not provide for Bengaluru / Karnataka.
Also, I did not find details in transport.karnataka.gov.in and parivahan.gov.in for HSRP

Do confirm the process to get an HSRP for my car registered before 2019.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed