Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2021, 21:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS Jupiter 125 launched with prices starting at Rs 73,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
They do have charging port in under seat storage. Saw it in the you tube review by Gagan Chaudhary. Please check.
What's under the seat is is light; the USB charging is on the front underneath the ignition key.

Source : https://www.tvsmotor.com/tvs-jupiter-125/disc
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 21:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
They do have charging port in under seat storage.
I saw the video, I am guessing that you are pointing to this
(Credits to Providers).
Name:  j125_xr_bst.png
Views: 2201
Size:  335.2 KB

His voice wasn't very clear on what he said about it but he repeated the USB question again and went to the front apron.
My guess is that even he was expecting that to be the USB port snce he tried to open it but since it didn't he moved on to the front.
Mainly because, like aargee mentioned below even the product site doesn't mention it anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
What's under the seat is is light; the USB charging is on the front underneath the ignition key.
Thanks, that was a bit concerning so I guess they just want us to use a mount or trust others
But in the image above what amit_purohit20 said, seems like a placeholder for now but I am not sure though.

Last edited by shancz : 8th October 2021 at 21:32. Reason: formatting
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 23:35   #18
BHPian

I had got myself the TVS NTorq last year for local errands purpose. If the Jupiter 125 was available back then, I would have gone for this eyes closed, the larger under seat storage not with standing.

I have driven my cousins Jupiter 100 cc a lot and find it good in all areas except the engine power which is now addressed.
charanreddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 16:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

If the fuel tank is shifted to the floor board, does this scooter come with a fuel pump now? Fuel surely can't flow by gravity.
Gansan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 16:43   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
If the fuel tank is shifted to the floor board, does this scooter come with a fuel pump now? Fuel surely can't flow by gravity.
All fuel injected scooters need a fuel pump. This should be no different.
ashis89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 18:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir, it's FI, fuel tank can be located anywhere. If you ever decide to cancel Ola, this is the scooter that you should be looking into; no other scooter beats Jupiter 125 in the family scooter segment as of date. Not even Access 125 (has outdated pulley start system) or Ray ZR 125 that feels a little wobbly during strong winds & slight dive during braking & underseat refuel.

The only thing Jupi 125 lacks is bluetooth connectivity & may be a tab instead of semi digital console, which IMHO is OK for a family commute segment.

Also the best part of Jupiter 125 is rear adjustable gas suspension, which no one offers in the market today.
aargee is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 19:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

^^ Thanks. I didn't know FI two wheelers had a fuel pump. I thought they still used gravity flow because of the "fuel tank on top and engine below" configuration just like carburetor models.
Gansan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 19:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ Thanks. I didn't know FI two wheelers had a fuel pump. I thought they still used gravity flow because of the "fuel tank on top and engine below" configuration just like carburetor models.
Sir, even I would've not known this but for my CBR.

Both of us are in the same boat, confusions running every day on the choice of scooters. With Ola's uncertainty, you can expect a long post of mine to appear soon on Ola's scooter thread as why I'm cancelling from my point of view.

After many weeks of confusion & TD's, we've narrowed down to Jupiter 125, Yamaha Ray ZR, Access 125 & Burgman. We're yet to TD Jupiter 125, all others were tested only on bad roads & found they're great. Top of our list for now is Jupiter 125 & Ray ZR for excellent features & great FE.

Sharing this if this might of any help to you please, sorted based on BHP/ton & Torque/ton
TVS Jupiter 125 launched with prices starting at Rs 73,400-s1.jpg
aargee is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 19:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
The only thing Jupi 125 lacks is bluetooth connectivity & may be a tab instead of semi digital console, which IMHO is OK for a family commute segment.

Also the best part of Jupiter 125 is rear adjustable gas suspension, which no one offers in the market today.
I am seriously considering to replace my BS3 Honda Dio with something more powerful and plush riding scooter now. This new Jupiter makes a very strong case for itself with all these new features.
Could you please elaborate more on this rear adjustable gas suspension ?
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 20:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
I am seriously considering to replace my BS3 Honda Dio with something more powerful and plush riding scooter now. This new Jupiter makes a very strong case for itself with all these new features
Remember Dio is for college/sports type riding, Jupiter is mostly family oriented. If you want sports type, then Ray ZR/Burgman will make more sense than Jupiter.

Jupiter is good for more of carrying loads & yet maintaining that speeds (like 40-60 in city & takes more time than it's rival to reach top speed), that's also the reason if you observe the torque/ton is high compared to rest of the scooters & what intrigued me for Jupiter was it's near square engine of bore X stroke (53.5 X 55.5) which offers best of both world in terms of top end & torque like old Karizma, R15 etc. basically more practical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Could you please elaborate more on this rear adjustable gas suspension ?
Basically none of the 125 scooter in market today has adjustable rear suspension. Jupiter (both 110 & 125) has not just adjustable rear suspension but also gas filled.

Gas filled does nothing but preventing the oil cavitation (forming small bubbles ) inside the suspension & retaining the lubrication & dampening for long time. Adjustable obviously helps to adjust the preload for making the suspension from soft (single on bad/good roads) to hard (usually for fast riding/cornering etc. but not practical in Jupiter, but more like pillion + groceries on potholed roads)

Last edited by aargee : 9th October 2021 at 20:06.
aargee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 20:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sharing this if this might of any help to you please, sorted based on BHP/ton & Torque/ton
Thanks, that is quite exhaustive. May I know why you have Omitted Vespa/Aprilia?

I may yet cancel the Ola scooter after I see it in action and test riding. I have to find a replacement for Splendor because it's FC won't be renewed any more. That is still 3+ years away, but I have to shortly replace both rims,hubs, bearings, spokes, tyre-tubes, chain - sprockets, rear shock absorbers, piston rings and timing chain. All are worn at 160k km. It still pulls well with two onboard, does 60 easily and runs about 670 km on a full tank. I can use it as it is for may be another 9-12 months, but not more, without replacing all the parts mentioned. Mechanic says it won't be advisable.And doing all that for a vehicle which will be scrapped in a couple of years doesn't make sense. I too am drawn to the Jupiter and Ntorq.

Edit : I am somehow not fond of bigger front wheel and smaller rear wheel set up. Probably it will be Ok for me if it was the other way around! No rational reason for it, I just don't like it!

Last edited by Gansan : 9th October 2021 at 20:28.
Gansan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 20:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, that is quite exhaustive. May I know why you have Omitted Vespa/Aprilia?
Aprilia is for youth; Vespa is not VFM proposition; add to that, these 2 yield low FE. Although I welcome the monocoque frame of Vespa, which is better than any scooters in India & offers a very good riding comfort, they're way too expensive + the ASC is located only within the city, not in the suburbs. Besides, any of these VFM scooters are ready to do 90% of what Vespa or Aprilia does & costs 20% less

Quote:
I may yet cancel the Ola scooter after I see it in action and test riding
I'm cancelling for a totally different reason, anyway, I'll make a decision in next 10 days or so.

Quote:
I have to find a replacement for Splendor because it's FC...Mechanic says it won't be advisable. And doing all that for a vehicle which will be scrapped in a couple of years doesn't make sense
Absolutely YES!! I made my 15 year old Activa sparkle, but, the mechanicals have become pathetic. TBhp is all for refurbishing the old cars & convey it's more practical than buying a new car, but, Activa & Rx has taught me otherwise. It may be true in the past, but not anymore. I'm finding difficult to find parts for my 10 year old CBR, forget alone 17 year old Activa. No wonder the scrappage policy is bought, may be the lobbyists from automobile association, who knows?

Quote:
I too am drawn to the Jupiter and Ntorq
We TD'd NTorq this morning on bad roads only; when Wife deliberately ran over a pothole, something slightly traveled to my head!! This never happened with Burgman, Ray ZR or Access 125, they were all super smooth. BTW, we keep testing different vehicles on the same road & sometimes over the same potholes as well.

Quote:
I am somehow not fond of bigger front wheel and smaller rear wheel set up. Probably it will be Ok for me if it was the other way around! No rational reason for it, I just don't like it!
Count me in with you sir; unfortunately, that setup works actually!! Don't know how, but it works beautifully. Pls TD Access 125 once, that too with pillion, I'm positive you'll be sold. No wonder Access 125 is the segment leader!!

PS - May be you should think of Tiger & Himalayan that has 21" front wheel & 17" back wheel

Last edited by aargee : 9th October 2021 at 20:46.
aargee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 21:20   #28

Loved it. Reminds me of the Kinetic Flyte we have since 2008 running till today with little maintenance all by myself. Back then it was the logical choice for my dad who is short statured and found seat height just right for him. Now to the similarities. It has HDPE fuel tank under the floor fed by the lid just like Jupiter 125. Largest underseat space lit by a LED light when the seat opened. Mobile charger with a cubby hole,again Jupiter 125 designers found worth incorporating. 125 cc mill back then. Keihin carb fed by a fuel pump. 9amp battery to take the load of self start abuse.Telescopic offset forks when Honda was happy selling age old suspension. The only problem it had was the flat spots in acceleration which I cured it with fiddling around with jets and needle positions. But it was a failure in the market for reasons I don’t need to know as I am happy with it. Thumbs up to TVS for Jupiter 125 as I find them eager to learn and incorporate the features in their products. Now we customers must start appreciating the two wheelers by their practicality and our needs rather than brand as I find all mainstream manufacturers are technically superior.
Enviroclan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 22:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

This looks like a very nice scooter to have in the family. The only reason I went for the access over the Jupiter is due to the 125 cc engine in the access. Design wise I think the new access looks better than the 125 Jupiter. Another Achilles heel is the limited number of color options with the Jupiter 125. However when it comes to practicality the Jupiter 125 wins the game. The 2 helmet storage space means increased convenience and space for keeping things. Also the front refueling cap is a very welcome move .

Last edited by TrackDay : 10th October 2021 at 22:11.
TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 09:46   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
I saw the video, I am guessing that you are pointing to this
(Credits to Providers).
Attachment 2216850
Yes, it’s the provision location where optional boot USB port could be installed. I have it in my normal Jupiter as well as shown below.

TVS Jupiter 125 launched with prices starting at Rs 73,400-96586f41ce4c4a4098df788b842e3c37.jpeg
sarav100 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks