Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2022, 20:27   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS Jupiter 125 launched with prices starting at Rs 73,400

I have always filled my Jupiter 125 tank to the neck of the filler tube. Only once when a newbie was filling it, she overfilled and petrol spilled out of the neck and onto the ground through a pipe.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 15:12   #92
Senior - BHPian

Today, when I switched on the ignition, the fuel gauge shown as 2 bars, DTE 73 kms. After driving for 2 minutes, the fuel gauge came down to one bar and its started blinking. The fuel warning light, as well as the (' caution') warning light on the console, also came up. I was little worried when seeing all these indicators blinking along, though there was more than one litre petrol available in the tank.

In order not to take a chance, I drove to the nearby petrol pump and filled petrol for Rs.200/- (in fact, I have asked the guy to do the full tank, but seems the guy is new and uncomfortable in filling full tank, hence I told him to put for Rs, 200 - this is the practice they regularly do to all the vehicle and easy for them to fill the petrol).

The petrol gauge then started showing 3 bars and all the indicators gone off. Why it happened, i.e. blinking all indicator lights even though there was enough petrol available in the tank - is it because of fuel injection technology?
Old 8th March 2022, 15:21   #93
Senior - BHPian

^^ The fuel gauge shows an approximate quantity, even in cars. For scooters also they should provide a reserve knob, like what is provided in Motorbikes. I hope all bikes still come with it?
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 17:47   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^ The fuel gauge shows an approximate quantity, even in cars. For scooters also they should provide a reserve knob, like what is provided in Motorbikes. I hope all bikes still come with it?
Most scooters in the 125cc segment have a 5 to 6-liter capacity. With FI the reserve quantity will be 2 liters with effective usable 1.25 to 1.5 reserve AFAIK.

I think the scooter manufacturers do not see the point in having a reserve due to the limited fuel tank capacity.

TVS mopeds have a reserve with a lesser capacity, I know!

Last edited by Mafia : 8th March 2022 at 17:48.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 18:01   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
The petrol gauge then started showing 3 bars and all the indicators gone off. Why it happened, i.e. blinking all indicator lights even though there was enough petrol available in the tank - is it because of fuel injection technology?
This happens regularly in our Vespa too even after filling it full. When I had asked the SC guys, they mentioned that the fuel level indicator will not show the level correctly if the vehicle is on side stand. Asked me to put the vehicle on center stand for few mins and then check. I do that sometimes just to make sure if the fuel gauge is working correctly. Maybe that is something which you can try and confirm.

On the topic of missing reserve indicator, I remember it used to be there in Scootys, Kinetic Hondas and even on Kinetic blaze (or something similar in the early 2000s). Not sure why and when it was removed.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 18:32   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I never experienced this kind of warning message/lights blinking, etc. in any of my previous scooters. Even my previous scooter, Maestro Edge 110, used to start blinking the fuel indicator only towards the end, i.e. 10/15 km drive after showing one bar level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Most scooters in the 125cc segment have a 5 to 6-liter capacity. With FI the reserve quantity will be 2 liters with effective usable 1.25 to 1.5 reserve AFAIK.
I have just checked the owners manual wherein it is written as ''minimum 1.5 litre of fuel should be maintained in the fuel tank to avoid Engine switch OFF / damage to fuel pump which leads to replacement of pump without warranty. '' This clearly means that once the low fuel warning indicator light comes up, we need to fill the tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
..the fuel level indicator will not show the level correctly if the vehicle is on side stand. Asked me to put the vehicle on center stand for few mins and then check. I do that sometimes just to make sure if the fuel gauge is working correctly. Maybe that is something which you can try and confirm.
I always keep the vehicle on center stand at home. And the blinking of lights and warning message, etc. came when I was driving the scooter and not on a stand. I think this problem is because they kept the reserve capacity to 1.5 litres which creates all this funny or alarming situations (for new users).
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 21:10   #97
BHPian

I was looking for a scooter to replace my 10 year old bike. Had finalized on Jupiter 125. Went to a showroom to TD and book. The first showroom didn't even have a vehicle for display. They said they will have some for display by next week but not sure if I could TD them.
Went to another showroom and even they didn't have 1 for TD but they had few for display. They were actually vehicles planned for delivery next week. I checked the underseat storage and seat height and comfort. Was fine so booked the Grey color disc option. They advised 30-45 days waiting. Ntorq was easily available for immediate delivery. So I was wondering why can't TVS make enough of Jupiter 125. If they had faced chip shortage, the Ntorq also should have had some waiting.
Old 24th April 2022, 07:37   #98
BHPian

Update on my Jupiter 125 booking. Had booked on 12th March and was told 30-45 days waiting. Got a call on 23rd April after some followups, exactly after 42 days that my scooter has been dispatched and I need to make payment asap. Did the payment on same day and will get it on Monday. Total onroad in Blore 1,10,119.
Current waiting period for new booking are quoted 3 months !!. What's wrong with TVS. Jupiter 110 and Ntorq are still available for immediate delivery.
Hope it's not the case of TVS restricting this model due to some fuel tank issues.
Old 26th May 2022, 14:03   #99
Senior - BHPian

Fuel gauge malfunction

This morning I found that the fuel gauge of my scooter started blinking and took the scooter to the nearby petrol bunk and filled with 3 litre petrol. Even after filling the tank with petrol the low fuel indicator light blinking not stopped.

In the previous occasion same thing happened, but after driving about a km or so the blinking stopped and the gauge started showing full bars, but today even after driving 5/6 kms the gauge still keep on blinking and fuel gauge showing empty.

What could be the problem?
Old 27th September 2022, 13:39   #100
BHPian

TVS Jupiter notches 5 million sales; accounts for 65% of TVS Motor Co's scooter sales since FY2014; available in 110cc & 125cc, it continues to tick all the right boxes. Along with the NTorq, Jupiter has given TVS a 24% share in a competitive marketplace

https://www.autocarpro.in/analysis-s...-fy2014-102897

Name:  20220927_133726.jpg
Views: 1028
Size:  100.9 KB
Old 3rd October 2022, 10:42   #101
BHPian

We took delivery of our Jupiter 125 Alloy Drum variant in Titanium Grey last week. ODO showed 3 kms at the time of delivery and I did the PDI myself. This is the first scooter in the family so we are all a bit new to the gear-less life. The fuel gauge was blinking with one bar, so did a full tank from the nearby Shell and it took in 4.1l of fuel. Here’s a picture of the scooter on delivery day.

TVS Jupiter 125 launched with prices starting at Rs 73,400-0406afed29684490b3b0e127221cd105.jpeg

I’ve since ridden around on the scooter and the ODO stands at 117km as of this morning with 3 bars of fuel still remaining. I’m facing a peculiar issue though with the scooter and wanted to know if this is to be expected. Every time the speedo crosses 42kmph I start hearing a rubbing noise from the wheel as the tyre rotates. It increases as the speed increases and disappears above 50kmph. I think it’s the crappy TVS tyres on the scooter but wanted to know from fellow owners if they have experienced similar noise from their scooter.

Cheers.
TheDarkKnight is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 17:05   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
... I’m facing a peculiar issue though with the scooter and wanted to know if this is to be expected. Every time the speedo crosses 42kmph I start hearing a rubbing noise from the wheel as the tyre rotates. It increases as the speed increases and disappears above 50kmph. I think it’s the crappy TVS tyres on the scooter but wanted to know from fellow owners if they have experienced similar noise from their scooter.

Cheers.
Is this could be due to the slack in the drive train rubber belt? The best thing is to check with the service centre.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 17:30   #103
BHPian

Quote:
I think it’s the crappy TVS tyres on the scooter but wanted to know from fellow owners if they have experienced similar noise from their scooter.
Congratulations to you n family for the first scooter . Get rid of the TVS tyres, they are very skid prone and I was very much scared to ride with them. Replace them with good brand tyres. I had complained to service centre and TVS company but didn't receive any update.
turbodude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 21:23   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Is this could be due to the slack in the drive train rubber belt? The best thing is to check with the service centre.
I will be heading to the dealer in a couple of days to get the HSRP fixed and will be discussing with my SA regarding this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude View Post
Congratulations to you n family for the first scooter . Get rid of the TVS tyres, they are very skid prone and I was very much scared to ride with them. Replace them with good brand tyres. I had complained to service centre and TVS company but didn't receive any update.
Thank you for your wishes, hope this would be a trouble free experience barring the niggles I’m currently facing. I’m not sure if I’ll get a reasonable buyback for the TVS tyres now that I’ve ridden it for close to 120kms while swapping with other brand tyres. Will still check with my dealer though.

Thanks.
Old 5th October 2022, 09:37   #105
BHPian

Quote:
I will be heading to the dealer in a couple of days to get the HSRP fixed and will be discussing with my SA regarding this issue.

Thank you for your wishes, hope this would be a trouble free experience barring the niggles I’m currently facing. I’m not sure if I’ll get a reasonable buyback for the TVS tyres now that I’ve ridden it for close to 120kms while swapping with other brand tyres. Will still check with my dealer though.

Thanks.
Hi, I didn't notice anything as such noise in my vehicle when it was new and could be because of CVT belt. Check after some time as new belt may need time .
I find headlamp to be weak and the focus is aimed almost horizontal in its lowest position. Planning to put some additional LED.
Also must be careful when refuelling as the narrow pipe means we must fuel it slowly to avoid spillage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks