Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2022, 22:44   #106
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Thanks buddy! The AOM handlebar is already enroute so will try it anyway with some adjustments as needed. My Xpulse would be primarily ridden without a pillion only so the GC loss shouldn’t be that much of a concern. But I’m a bit worried with the feedback on extended gear lever as i was very much relying on it to be a good quick upgrade. Like someone commented earlier on this thread, I found shifting gears on Xpulse with my full length Forma boots isn’t comfortable. Anyway, going by how cheap this mod is, I don’t mind giving it a shot at all. Hope your gear slip issue is resolved soon though.

PS: where did you get the acerbis guards from? Are those specific to Xpulse or generic ones
Same here - the Xpulse is strictly a rider motorcycle. If I have to take a pillion, I use the Access. So the lower ground clearance does not bother me too.

Maybe my gear change issue could be a one off. But i would suggest you to try out the gear lever fitted on any bike. For normal city riding or normal boots, the gear level feels long. But with proper riding boots, it's definitely going to be useful. And it's not an expensive option too, so you can take it off and on whenever needed.

I purchased the Acerbis guards from R.A.W. in DN Nagar, Andheri. The only issue with fitting these on the OE handlebar is that the OE handlebar does not come with bar ends. So over a period of time, the guards do tend to become loose and shaky. Do check out the AOM handlebars for fitment before purchasing them online.

https://rawriding.com/
v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 11:25   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post

I purchased the Acerbis guards from R.A.W. in DN Nagar, Andheri. The only issue with fitting these on the OE handlebar is that the OE handlebar does not come with bar ends. So over a period of time, the guards do tend to become loose and shaky. Do check out the AOM handlebars for fitment before purchasing them online.

Thanks for the link, pretty good pricing there.. will check it out after i get the AOM handlebars installed. I’m slightly old school and like carrying spare clutch and brake levers but this has more advantages so worth checking it out.

On a separate note, hero launched a Xpulse specific riding club call XCLAN with following highlights:

“The XCLAN platform will be the first official Xpulse owners club that will provide a stage for owners to engage with each other, build their cohort, and develop camaraderie with budding and experienced riders.

The inaugural chapters will be rolled out in five cities across the country – Dehradun, Guwahati, Bengaluru, Cochin and Mumbai.

An XCLAN membership will bring numerous exciting benefits to customers, including onboarding kit, invitation to rides and rally events across India and other benefits at an all-inclusive annual price of Rs 2,000 per rider. You also get a complementary Hero Goodlife Platinum Membership that includes sales, service, and accessories discounts, among others.

XCLAN engagements and rides will commence from July 2022 onwards with three categories – Sunrise Rides, Overnight Rides and Expedition rides.”

Source

https://www.heromotocorp.com/en-in/xclan/

Hero Goes The Royal Enfield Way, Launches Xclan Riding Club For Hero XPulse 200 Owners - ZigWheels https://www.zigwheels.com/news-features/general-news/hero-goes-the-royal-enfield-way-launches-xclan-riding-club-for-hero-xpulse-200-owners/45986/

Anyone here enrolled or planning to?

Edit- enrolment starts from June 13 as per Hero site

Last edited by camitesh : 11th June 2022 at 11:29. Reason: Added enrolment date
camitesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 14:13   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

FYI, the acerbis branded hand guards for 1500 are fake. The real thing costs closer to what barkbuster costs. 5 figures and up.

But both do the same job of protecting your levers.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 11:05   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
FYI, the acerbis branded hand guards for 1500 are fake. The real thing costs closer to what barkbuster costs. 5 figures and up.

But both do the same job of protecting your levers.
Kat, when I read above thread, knew about these were replicas, but they are pretty decent. :-)
In my Versys (now sold), I had installed similar handguards.

regards,
Pranav
Old 12th June 2022, 11:10   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Kat, when I read above thread, knew about these were replicas, but they are pretty decent. :-)
In my Versys (now sold), I had installed similar handguards.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=xSvyXBiWn50

regards,
Pranav
I have the same thing too just that people shouldn't be conned into thinking the actual Acerbis is 1500.

Everything is of a lower quality from the original, including the nuts and bolts. But they work and they protect.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 22:25   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
I'll post updates on this new handle bar once I get its delivery & get it installed. Costed me Rs.2253/-.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
What's the deal with the AOM handlebar ? Does it help with a better riding posture ?
Was not able to post updates as I am not in my hometown presently.

I had got the AOM handlebar delivered in second half of April. Got it installed at the Hero service center itself. Labor charge = Rs.207.

Now, some facts & figures. Here's what the OEM handlebar and the AOM handlebar measure in terms of their width (Please note that I have used a very crude method of using a using a packaging string for measurement):

Edge to Edge
AOM: 36 inches
OEM: 34 inches

Palm rest to Palm rest
AOM: 28 inches
OEM: 25 inches

The angle at which the AOM handlebar is set towards the rider is another thing which is different from the stock handlebar. Also the height differs, which unfortunately, I couldn't measure.

I am a little more than 5 ft 10 in in height, and I was instantly at home with the AOM handle bar. The stance for me is now a relatively relaxed, the shoulder to handle bar angle feels more comforting.

However, owing to width, the posture becomes more 'open-chest', which may cause more windblast when touring (more fatigue?). As such, this is more hypothetical and I need to still have a decent highway run to figure this out.

Ah.. and yes. The AOM handlebar came neatly packed. There was a (sort of) personalized 'Thank you for the purchase' card in it, which I still doubt was written/signed by any significant stakeholder of the AOM group (appeared to have been written by a school going kid).

My first impressions are of being satisfied with the purchase and I hope that it would be the same when I hit the highways on my bike.

PS: One bar-end paint was chipped, did that happen at the manufacturing plant, in transit or at the time of installation is debatable, but the paint quality definitely looked off. I have attached its picture.

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-aom-3.jpg

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-aom-2.jpg

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-aom-4.jpg

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-aom-1.jpg

Last edited by Sheel : 18th June 2022 at 08:41. Reason: As requested.
five46 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 11:46   #112
BHPian

Quote:
I had got the AOM handlebar delivered in second half of April. Got it installed at the Hero service center itself. Labor charge = Rs.207.
Thanks for the quick review of the AOM handlebars. I've got the neatly packed AOM handlebars delivered too and waiting for some time to get it installed. Couple of quick questions though

1. I'm pleasantly surprised that Hero official workshop did the installation for you. I have no experience with Hero yet but Honda or Yamaha SVC in Mumbai wouldn't touch even the aftermarket mirrors or levers in my experience. Do you know the service guys well or they just agreed to do it without a fuss? I would try this too when my first service is due

2. Any cable changes needed to accommodate the new handlebars? I think I read somewhere that the cables may have to be rerouted but the OEM cables need not be changed

3. Those Protaper do look good on the AOM handlebars. Granted its for couple 100 bucks on Amazon but isn't it easy for any miscreants to easily uninstall and walk away with it? I think it wouldn't last a week in unattended public parking lots in Mumbai
camitesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 00:34   #113
BHPian

In one of the reviews in YouTube, I noticed the chassis cut is no longer present on the 4V. Can the owners of the new model please confirm if that is so?
Old 18th June 2022, 08:30   #114
BHPian

Quote:
1. I'm pleasantly surprised that Hero official workshop did the installation for you. I have no experience with Hero yet but Honda or Yamaha SVC in Mumbai wouldn't touch even the aftermarket mirrors or levers in my experience. Do you know the service guys well or they just agreed to do it without a fuss? I would try this too when my first service is due
The perks of living in a List B town. It also helps that the main supervisor of the shop is known to me from 2013-14 since my ZMA days.

However, I'm sure Hero will be strict at List A centers like Mumbai.

Quote:
2. Any cable changes needed to accommodate the new handlebars? I think I read somewhere that the cables may have to be rerouted but the OEM cables need not be changed
No cable changes. Slight rerouting required.

Quote:
3. Those Protaper do look good on the AOM handlebars. Granted its for couple 100 bucks on Amazon but isn't it easy for any miscreants to easily uninstall and walk away with it? I think it wouldn't last a week in unattended public parking lots in Mumbai
Again, the perks of living in a List B town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
In one of the reviews in YouTube, I noticed the chassis cut is no longer present on the 4V. Can the owners of the new model please confirm if that is so?
I think this is one such video you are referring to.

To get your answer right, I think the engine will have to be removed to exactly get an idea of what changes have been made. Surface level observation may/may not give the correct answer.

But, knowing the number of Xtracks sessions Hero has been doing, I think it would be safe to assume that Hero knows what it's doing to keep the chassis strength at bay.

Moving to another topic, there is this XClan buzz around. I read that it's for all premium offerings of Hero and not an exclusive for the Xpulse owners, which in my opinion is.. well! Not Xclusive. But let's see how it pans out, for the moment, I'm sitting on the Xpulse, er fence.
five46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 14:48   #115
Senior - BHPian

Midlife crisis of variants

Have been contemplating on a new bike to replace my Discover 125 and Xpulse 200T is one of the bike I have developed a big liking for. The only problem is that the first hand ownership reviews around this variant (yes I am referring to the 200T and not the current hot cake - 200 4V) is very limited.

I am not even sure if the bike is being actively sold by Hero and if they have stocks available for this particular model. Since being old school would like to see the colours in flesh, touch and feel the bike before putting down the cash.

Now coming to the reason for looking at 200T is that I would like to have a powerful commuter which can do a bit extra, I don't have the craving for serious off roading which the 200 4V would be good at.

The 200T has enough power and comfort on paper which would satisfy the regular needs and yes it shouldn't be strictly a rider's bike but would carry a pillion most of the times so that's a major factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Same here - the Xpulse is strictly a rider motorcycle. If I have to take a pillion, I use the Access. So the lower ground clearance does not bother me too.
What I would like your help is to share any more views about the 200T and also pen down if its a good option to buy or should one only for the 4V variant.

On that note does anyone know or has any scoop if the 4V technology will be brought to the 200T as well and if so what would be the timelines. It would be worth the wait in that case .
girishglg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 21:37   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post

What I would like your help is to share any more views about the 200T and also pen down if its a good option to buy or should one only for the 4V variant.

On that note does anyone know or has any scoop if the 4V technology will be brought to the 200T as well and if so what would be the timelines. It would be worth the wait in that case .
Hero is entirely mum about upcoming bikes and launches, my best bet is you will see some announcement or new launches in EICMA 22 or Auto Expo 23, but not before that.

TBH Hero is pretty slow in terms of launches, I have expected to see 4v variant of both Xtreme 200 and Xpulse 200T but if they are not here then Hero has something else in mind. Heck there should be a Xpulse Scramber but Hero didnt launch it.

Coming back to 200T, its a good bike. Its not outstanding like its sibling but will get the job done and will meet your requirement effortlessly. If you are adamant about getting a 4v 200T, then I would suggest get a Xpulse 200 4V, and swap the the rims with 200T. They are a direct fit so you will get the extra comfort and suspension travel of the Xpulse with tubeless tires.

I have seen couple of these modification done on Facebook. You might end up paying extra for these mods but I think you will end up recovering most of it if you sell of the parts you dont need.
Black_Star is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 09:30   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Star View Post
If you are adamant about getting a 4v 200T, then I would suggest get a Xpulse 200 4V, and swap the the rims with 200T. They are a direct fit so you will get the extra comfort and suspension travel of the Xpulse with tubeless tires.
Thanks Black Star for a very logical solution to the current situation. I am really open to the purchase of the other twin which is the 4V and doing some cosmetics mods but the only question is on the ergonomics such as the placement of the exhaust in the 4v which I guess is more raked/ angled compared to the 4T and if that would affect the pillion rider.

This is just one observation. However not sure if there are other changes as well. The trouble is that there are no 4T specimens available at the showroom to check it out and compare physically.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 21:40   #118
BHPian

Quote:
it shouldn't be strictly a rider's bike but would carry a pillion most of the times so that's a major factor.
I had taken a good long test drive on the 200T way back in Nov 2021. The seat of the 200T is not vastly different from that of the 4v. Only with the 4v, they have modified the contours a wee bit and added a little more foam (Seat height increased from 823 to 825mm, if I recollect it right).

The best solution for this is to have an extended test drive with your pillion rider. This will address your elephant in the room.

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-200t-b.jpg

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-200t-.jpg

Quote:
..but the only question is on the ergonomics such as the placement of the exhaust in the 4v which I guess is more raked/ angled compared to the 4T and if that would affect the pillion rider.
4T? I guess you meant 200T.

I had posted this video earlier as a reply to one of v12s post. I guess it might be of use to you too.

Standard Disclaimer: I am no way associated with this youtube channel.
five46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 18:07   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only with the 4v, they have modified the contours a wee bit and added a little more foam (Seat height increased from 823 to 825mm, if I recollect it right).

The best solution for this is to have an extended test drive with your pillion rider. This will address your elephant in the room.

4T? I guess you meant 200T.
On the seating thanks for your inputs as it helps. I am also now slowly looking at the 4V more seriously in case the 200T is not at all available. And yes I read it as 200T (not 4T) thanks for checking.

On another note, I have tried reaching out to Hero via various channels like customer care, twitter etc to get a response if the 200T is still available and which dealer in Bangalore can help me with a test drive or sale but to no avail.

I just get a canned response or a call back from customer care with the same repeated robotic response thanking me for showing interest and the main features of 4V etc. however they don't have any idea whatsoever about my question. I am just wondering how our companies are not at all interested in making a sale out of a very ripe prospect.

So recalling my problem statement I am ready to go for a Xpulse 200T if available as it suits my needs better if I can get hands on one else will settle for a 4V at the end.

So now that it is my problem to get answers and to be definitively sure to rule out getting a 200T before I go for a 4V, I would like to reach out to someone much senior and higher up in Hero Motocorp to get my answer.

So it would be great if anyone here in our esteemed forum has any contact which can be shared so that I can make that one last attempt.
Old 4th July 2022, 11:47   #120
BHPian

Friends, Please help me out:
Does Xpulse have Alloy wheels as option?

Has anyone experienced punctures in Xpulse? Are they less frequent than commuter motorcycles (due to tyre design)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks