Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2022, 15:24   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidholic View Post
Rode it for 10kms from showroom to home, super fun so far. Will update more after couple of hundred kilometres.
Congrats to your brother on the Xpulse. It does look a little better in person, than in pics. Hearing some good reviews about this, though @Five46 has mentioned some issue (hope one-off). Waiting to meet one of the TBHP members and ride his Xpulse. He lives quite close by, but timing issues .
condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 16:11   #92
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

My best friend (who is also a Team Bhpian) got us tempted with his Xpulse rides. Brother and me got hooked on to it , and here is what he picked. A sparingly used (~ 5000kms), less than a year Xpulse 2V. The Xpulse is now it good company with the Duke 390 and the Classic 500. Needless to say, the Xpulse will be covering more miles than the Duke and RE combined.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-psx_20220312_160413.jpg  

v12 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 23:30   #93
BHPian

Month 1 Update (Completes 1 month on the 16th, had planned to post weekly updates, but eh, er.. darn! I am unable to.)

The bike has not seen much action since the Week 1 update. Here's a picture of a small milestone:
Name:  100 Kms.jpg
Views: 1957
Size:  33.5 KB

As I type this, it has clocked a measly 170km.

I got the following things installed in this interim:
- Main Stand
- Ladies Footstep

I got the following modifications done:
- Front fender painted black
- Knuckle guards painted black.

Trivia: The Xpulse 2v in the Sports Red color has its front fenders, knuckle guards and even the mirrors in black color.

Don't believe it? Here are the images:
Name:  2V Fender 1.jpg
Views: 2456
Size:  109.0 KB

Name:  2V Fender 2.jpg
Views: 2038
Size:  100.1 KB

And here is my Xpulse 4v which has a Red-y fender, knuckle guards and mirror accents.
Name:  Red Fender.jpg
Views: 1944
Size:  157.6 KB

Looks are indeed subjective. I find the red fender too loud. So, I decided to get it blacked like those on the 2v.

Here are the parts, which were painted black. Cost: Rs.800 | Place: Friendly neighbourhood penting mestri
Name:  Blacked Parts.jpg
Views: 1999
Size:  92.9 KB

Removing the fender gives me ideas. This can be converted into a Scrambler of sorts with some jugaad:
Name:  Naked.jpg
Views: 2006
Size:  111.6 KB

Next, I go to the authorized Hero workshop to get the main stand installed. The cost of the stand is reasonable, but the labour charge wasn't. Let this bill do the talking:
Name:  Bill.jpg
Views: 1922
Size:  125.3 KB

The main stand, yet to stand:
Name:  Main Stand to be installed.jpg
Views: 1921
Size:  116.8 KB

I got the painted fender installed at the authorized workshop itself. I was not charged a rupee for this labour, which ironically took more time out of him than installing the main stand:
Name:  Installing Front Fender.jpg
Views: 2035
Size:  124.0 KB

Cut to.. the ladies footstep. This is for Missus, who was aghast with me for buying a bike that has no provision for this important thing on the bike. So, ordered it phat-se (immediately) from Amazon. Cost: Rs.285/-

Got it in a neat package:
Name:  Amazon Package.jpg
Views: 1852
Size:  97.8 KB

Unboxing the package:
Name:  Footstep Unboxed.jpg
Views: 1870
Size:  75.3 KB

It fits neatly and looks OEM (after removing the makers moniker):
Name:  Footstep Installed.jpg
Views: 1884
Size:  134.9 KB

There are certain bits that put me off with Hero Motocorp. They need to up their ante for their flagship product. Look at this FI sticker condition:
Name:  Peeled Sticker.jpg
Views: 1896
Size:  48.3 KB

On the first time, when Missus sat on the bike, she subconsciously was trying to push open the foot-peg on the right side. As it wasn't getting opened, she put some extra effort, and here's the result:
Name:  Footpeg Guard Bent.jpg
Views: 1978
Size:  96.6 KB

She had successfully bent the heat guard attached near the foot-peg and made it as her foot-peg. Meh-quality. Fortunately, this was pulled back to its original form at the time of installing the main stand (no labor cost for this, take that Hero for charging me exorbitantly)

Back to the front (fender). This is how it looks after putting it back in its place:

Name:  Black Fender Installed 1.jpg
Views: 1916
Size:  121.5 KB

Name:  Black Fender Installed 2.jpg
Views: 1961
Size:  167.9 KB

Name:  Black Fender Installed 3001.jpg
Views: 1957
Size:  126.2 KB

It looks more sober with the blacked-out parts, though it is unlike the character of ADVs.

And yes.. whenever someone asks me what is the cost On-Road? I reply saying that the cost is both - On-Road & Off-Road

Last edited by Aditya : 21st March 2022 at 05:16. Reason: Duplicate image deleted
five46 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 15:51   #94
BHPian

Does the leg of the main stand on the 4V bike hit speed breakers while riding? Does this happen when riding single or while riding double seat only? This is a known problem with the 2V - curious to know if this is fixed in 4V?
shajoshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 12:28   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajoshi View Post
Does the leg of the main stand on the 4V bike hit speed breakers while riding?...

curious to know if this is fixed in 4V?
Covered a short 3 km distance with Missus in the city yesterday night and this route had a few nasty speed breakers. Didn't encounter any scrapes on them.

May be the 2v bike you have been informed must have been on a softer preload setting at the rear.

Will check at my SVC during the first service if these settings are different in the 2v and 4v.
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 02:08   #96
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Five46 - Very tasteful mods on your Xpulse. I agree with you, there is an overdose of red on the red Xpulse and the black parts do make it look good. I am planning a similar setup for the white one too. Do you know if the Xpulse 200T parts fit the Xpulse 200 4V?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
My best friend (who is also a Team Bhpian) got us tempted with his Xpulse rides. Brother and me got hooked on to it , and here is what he picked. A sparingly used (~ 5000kms), less than a year Xpulse 2V. The Xpulse is now it good company with the Duke 390 and the Classic 500. Needless to say, the Xpulse will be covering more miles than the Duke and RE combined.
So another Xpulse has got added within the family. Yes, i just picked up a new Xpulse 200 4V 2 days ago.

Haven't ridden it much since it was delivered on TC plates. However the registration number was received on the same day. Rides will start next week

Have planned a few mods - some functional and some cosmetic.
Functional Mods
  • A Center Stand - makes cleaning easier. Also the bike feels more stable in the main rather than the side stand.
  • From the Rally Kit
  • Taller Side Stand
  • Gear Lever Extender
  • Luggage / Top box rack
  • Tail Bag
  • Denso dual horn

Cosmetic Mods
From the 200T (black parts)
  • The side panels
  • The part behind the side panels
  • Rear Grabrail
  • I have noticed that the 200T comes with a chain cover + rear hugger. Any idea if it's a direct fit on the Xpulse 200.
  • The 200T also comes with front fork braces - would that be useful on the Xpulse 2000.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-img20220319112408__01__01.jpg  

Last edited by v12 : 20th March 2022 at 02:11.
v12 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 18:28   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Five46 - Very tasteful mods on your Xpulse.
Thank you.

Quote:
Do you know if the Xpulse 200T parts fit the Xpulse 200 4V?
This video should provide you some inputs:
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 18:06   #98

Quote:
Five46 -

• A Center Stand - makes cleaning easier. Also the bike feels more stable in the main rather than the side stand.
  • From the Rally Kit
  • Taller Side Stand
  • Gear Lever Extender
  • Luggage / Top box rack
  • Tail Bag
  • Denso dual horn
[/list]
The extended gear lever is must if you want to wear any kind of hard boots...good choice...I am a 2v BS6 owner and installed that and the handlebar riserw as soon as I took the delivery...Main stand was also installed.

I would suggest you to get the handlebar risers if you are even a bit tall like 5'8 or 9. It's absolute bliss for touring..the posture is perfect. But still it lacks the posture for saddling. For saddling, the bars need to be nearer to your body, and the risers aren't sufficient for that. I would suggest you to get a Art of Motorcycle Handlebar for Xpulse right now if you can. It provides amazing posture while touring and saddling.
F1 Freak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 01:20   #99
BHPian

If I had to create a meme on myself - expectation versus reality, then it would be the Africa Twin (expectation) and the Xpulse (reality).

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-africa-twin-aerial001.jpg

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-africa-twin001.jpg

Yeah, I can afford only scale model of the Africa Twin.

Jokes apart. I had to update on my Xpulse's issues and my experience of the first service.

Quote:
- I think there is an issue with the FI unit on my bike. It doesn't wake up making a zzzzzzz sound, it makes a rather unpleasant chrrrkkk sound (like a loose electrical connection)

- At constant speeds (any speed, 30/35/45), there is inconsistent fueling (again may be due to the FI unit). It moves like it is running out of petrol.

- The engine does heat up a little, even on short errand trips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
I will get the above issues checked during the first service, if they persist.
And here we are! Ironically, on clocking five46 kms and nearing almost 2 months (completes 2 months of ownership on 16th Apr 2022), I took my Xpulse for its first service.

Along with the issues mentioned above, there was rattling sound coming from the rear section of the bike on rumble strips and undulations.

I had a hunch that it must be the tool kit jumping around under the seat, but then I realized that it was fastened with a good strong rubber-band and shouldn't move from its place.

This is the bill incurred for the service:
Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-1st-service-bill001.jpg

The service center here, bills for Nitrogen Air every time. The alignment cost was another blade. I mean, how will a relatively new bike which has just clocked 500 kms have an alignment issue? If there really is, it should be there from the time it left the showroom (Grumping!).

Ok, the resolutions for the first 3 issues (in that order):

- The FI Unit is still making that sound, which I missed to check. The key was on, I only turned the engine kill switch on and heard the zzzzzzz sound and was happy that the problem is rectified. I later realized that sound recurs when I switch on the ignition directly with the engine (kill) switch on ON position. Darn!

- I'm told that the jerkiness is gone. I tell that I would like to check it with a trial (More on this later).

- I'm informed that the engine heating is common before the first service and the engine oil change will help this. I walk on this explanation, though with a little hesitance.

- The culprit for the rattling sound was a loosely shunted silencer. It's fitted properly and now the sound is gone. Thank god!

Back to - the jerking engine issue. I took a trial and felt no difference in the way the bike was moving, still jerky at constant speeds of 30/35/45. There was only one thing running in my head - "inconsistent fueling from the FI unit".

I come back after the trial and report this. The service advisor asks a mechanic to accompany me for another trial. We go for a trial again. The mechanic accepts that the fuelling isn't smooth and we come back to the service center. The advisor checks the fuel level (blinking, on reserve) and blames low fuel. I'm starting to lose it by now & I tell him that this issue is from day 1 with even 5 liters of fuel in the tank. I tell them bluntly to keep the bike with themselves and return it to me only after it is resolved.

The senior service advisor (I know him from 2013 from my ZMA days) comes running to me and checks the matter. He assures me to look into it. I leave my bike with the service center.

Next day evening, I get a call from the service center that my bike is ready. I avoided going in the evening, as everyone just tries to push into closure. I go the subsequent day in the morning, take a trial and tadaaa - no changes! I go to the senior advisor and tell him to send the mechanic again for a trial, which was agreed. We go again, on the trial trip, I am told that the fuel pump has been replaced (??) and that the bike was behaving properly after the change. However, after a 6-7 km drive at constant speeds, he agrees that the issue is persisting. We return back, the mechanic and the senior advisor discuss, and I'm now informed that they suspect faulty injectors. They would place order for this and would call me once they receive new parts (injectors).

And as I write this, I have already clocked more than 700 kms on the odo and wait for the parts to arrive.

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-700-km001.jpg

I have done a short off road-esque trip in the jungles. I was impressed with the way it handled the 'non-existent road' terrain inside the jungle. Here's a pic before I entered in the jungle:

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-forest-trail-edit.jpg

Also, did a 20km odd highway run to check its highway prowess. Here's a pic of the bike in front of the ah-so pride of the second capital of Karnataka, the 'Suvarna Soudha':

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-suvarna-soudha-x2001.jpg

From the opposite lane:

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-soudha-beak-edit.jpg

Since, I owned a ZMA-R earlier, it would become a 'default' benchmark, though it is not an apple-apple comparison. When I rode to the Soudha, there were strong cross-winds and the Xpulse didn't feel as assuring as the ZMA-R. The aero-dynamics of the ZMA-R was pukka sports-tourer category and this is an area of compromise on the Xpulse.

I took a pic again, on the very next day, riding my ex (bike) to the Soudha, to avoid making it feel jealous :

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-soudha-splendor001.jpg

Few random pics of the Xpulse:

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-side-portrait-edit.jpg

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-front-3-qtrs001.jpg

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-tail-tower-edit.jpg

I opted for full synthetic engine oil (Hero make) for the oil change at the first service and the difference is striking. The engine is much more smoother & can be felt immediately. Also, the engine heating issue is not felt as much as I had felt in the early days (placebo?). I will keep an eye on the this though.

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-tail-pose.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Freak View Post
I would suggest you to get a Art of Motorcycle Handlebar for Xpulse right now if you can. It provides amazing posture while touring and saddling.
Just a day before you posted this, I had placed the order for the 'AOM' handlebar. Its more of an intuition buy than a 'need-induced' one. I'll post updates on this new handle bar once I get its delivery & get it installed. Costed me Rs.2253/-.

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-aom-order.jpg

Also, have placed an order for some weather protection gear:

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-t-fuse.jpg

The injectors are still awaited as I type this. Will post an update on getting them changed from the service center.

Thank you for reading this patiently.

Last edited by five46 : 22nd April 2022 at 01:40. Reason: Lots of edits
five46 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 08:24   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Hope the injectors come soon. I had a suspicion about the injectors in your bike, and the replacement will help confirm the diagnosis.

What's the deal with the AOM handlebar ? Does it help with a better riding posture ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
If I had to create a meme on myself - expectation versus reality, then it would be the Africa Twin (expectation) and the Xpulse (reality).
Just take a pic of the two - the scale model juxtaposed with the Xpulse in the background . Meanwhile, let me see if an Africa Twin keychain is available somehwere - you can use it with the keys of the Xpulse ..

Last edited by condor : 22nd April 2022 at 08:26.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 17:21   #101
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-psx_20220430_171006.jpg
So got the first service done on my XP4V today at Fortpoint Mahim. Total fuss free experience just like their delivery. Had booked the service through the App for 9AM, dropped the bike there at 9:30 AM and the bike was ready by 11:30 AM.

Following was done at the first service
Service Type : Free First Servixe
Odometer : 609 kms
Oil : Hero Xotic Plus - Rs 1,100
Chain Lube : Rs 177
Other Consumables (Drain Cock and O rings) : Rs 45
Total Cost : Rs 1,322
Main / Center stand and Rally Kit Extended Gear Lever also installed.

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-img20220430130109_bokeh.jpg
Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-img20220430130121_bokeh.jpg
v12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 11:15   #102
BHPian

The Xpulse 4V went to the Shinkula Pass at Zanskar in Ladakh - long video by a youtuber that highlights how the bike has performed in real world tough offroad conditions.

shajoshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 08:41   #103
BHPian

Got myself this lovely little adventure machine last week. Loved the test ride, so booked it and got it delivered in a day sitting at 0kms (thought it would have atleast few kms from factory before reaching the dealership)

It’s been barely few days and 50 odd kms only so not penning down any impressions but in general I’m liking it.

Got the Art of Motorcycle handlebar as I’m 5:10 and looking to get it installed soon. Also got the Formula X gel in the tyres since I’ve had a terrible experience on tube tyres a decade back and since then have really appreciated the convenience of a tubeless.

Will be getting the oem main stand and gear lever extender in first service. Have zeroed down on Mad dog scout x (with xpulse specific clamps). Not sure if i need a aftermarket windshield (inscape dreamz or autologue one) and a sturdier knuckle guard (happy to carry set of spare brake and clutch levers on long trips). Any thoughts? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-e0434afd38c44343a252f2cbba3f2b62.jpeg  

Last edited by camitesh : 6th June 2022 at 08:54. Reason: Spellcheck
camitesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 23:33   #104
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Mitesh on your Xpulse. I have heard some good reviews on the AOM handlebar and plan to install the same. My only worry is if the Acerbis handguards that I have on my Xpulse will fit without any hindrance. I also believe seeing another video, where the switch gear holes do not match exactly on the AOM handlebar. So check out some YouTube videos before you buy them.

Main Stand is a must - however note that with 2 on board the mainstand touches the speed bumps. Regarding the extended Gear lever, i have installed it on my Xpulse. The only issue I am facing now is when i change from 1st to 2nd, it slips back into neutral. This happens atleast 2-3 times before it actually slots to 2nd. It's a bit irritating - will change back to the short lever at the second service and see if the problem exists.
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 21:52   #105
BHPian

Quote:
I have heard some good reviews on the AOM handlebar and plan to install the same… So check out some YouTube videos before you buy them.

Main Stand is a must - however note that with 2 on board the mainstand touches the speed bumps. Regarding the extended Gear lever, i have installed it on my Xpulse. The only issue I am facing now is when i change from 1st to 2nd, it slips back into neutral. This happens atleast 2-3 times before it actually slots to 2nd. It's a bit irritating - will change back to the short lever at the second service and see if the problem exists.
Thanks buddy! The AOM handlebar is already enroute so will try it anyway with some adjustments as needed. My Xpulse would be primarily ridden without a pillion only so the GC loss shouldn’t be that much of a concern. But I’m a bit worried with the feedback on extended gear lever as i was very much relying on it to be a good quick upgrade. Like someone commented earlier on this thread, I found shifting gears on Xpulse with my full length Forma boots isn’t comfortable. Anyway, going by how cheap this mod is, I don’t mind giving it a shot at all. Hope your gear slip issue is resolved soon though.

PS: where did you get the acerbis guards from? Are those specific to Xpulse or generic ones

Last edited by camitesh : 7th June 2022 at 21:55. Reason: Typo
camitesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks