Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2022, 12:23   #196
BHPian

re: Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptAM View Post
Hi everyone, I am really looking forward to the new RE650. Had a query regarding RE in general. How well sorted are their new products? Is it wise to go ahead with a first day booking or wait for a few batches to allow for teething issues?
TIA
For 3 years, 650 twin owners are solving the teething issues! This would be sorted in general.

What is the worry? Every new vehicle has some issues including cars! RSA is there to help. If you're going solo, you've accepted the risk and must have planned for its mitigation.

The more you wait only the prices will increase, nothing else. Say the RE Himalayan from launch to BS6 has improved a lot (as riders say) but are you ready to wait for 6 years?

Who bought the Himalayan, went to Ladakh, participated in rallies and must have sold the bike by the time the BS6 model was launched!

Wait for the launch, take the test ride, if you connect with the bike go for it! Product development and production quality has improved a lot over the years for all companies.

Cheers,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 00:10   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptAM View Post
Hi everyone, I am really looking forward to the new RE650. Had a query regarding RE in general. How well sorted are their new products? Is it wise to go ahead with a first day booking or wait for a few batches to allow for teething issues?
TIA
I think after the big issue about initial Himalayan model, RE has really worked on the quality. Never heard so many issue about Interceptor and a close friend has the new 350cc - he is quite happy and does long touring. Another 2 friends have Himalayan from 2021 - no issues heard either.

I'll probably wait for 1 year to see the reviews and then go for the Himalayan 450 as I need a tourer (since the engine is new). Since the 650cc is already tested and proved, you can probably wait for 3-6 months and purchase. This is just to ensure you have the faith in the product.

PS : For me, am also waiting for the X Pulse 400 and will pick one of these. The criteria will be better refinement and comfort for touring and both Hero and RE have wide spread service centre and reasonable cost of ownership (compared to my Versys 650)
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 11:12   #198
BHPian

Any update on the launch date?
Old 21st September 2022, 12:10   #199
BHPian

Very soon it'll be launched I guess. 650 + Cruiser comfort zone is best of both worlds.
Ritz2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 13:52   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

I am guessing they will launch it during rider mania, that is the perfect launchpad.

I hope they launch Interceptor/GT alloys also at the same time, that has been a long long long wait!!
AtheK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 20:31   #201

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Spied Testing, Once Again

https://www.bikedekho.com/news/exclu...ce-again-15196

Eagerly awaiting the launch.
Old 12th October 2022, 14:35   #202
PAS
BHPian

Latest Spy shots taken from Bikedekho. Seems the Cruiser version of 650 twin is coming closer to the Launch Day.
BTW had a test ride of meteor 350 & INT 650 last weekend and think it wont be fair to compare this with the existing line up including the Meteor 350. This one looks to be a proper Cruiser while Meteor 350 looks more of a "Do It All" Option.

While i have no complains about Meteor i think it would be worth waiting for Cruise 650 to be launched especially since the launch looks just round the corner.
Attached Images

PAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 18:05   #203
BHPian

As much as the bike is closer to launch, looks like the leg of the rider will be much closer to the engine. The inty650 also does cause the occasional burns if one is not careful.

Hopefully they have taken this into account and provide some sort of barrier/protection for the leg
skviknaraj is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 20:36   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalggk View Post
Eagerly awaiting the launch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAS View Post
While i have no complains about Meteor i think it would be worth waiting for Cruise 650 to be launched especially since the launch looks just round the corner.
Most likely that launch would be on last day of Rider Mania this year, Nov 20.
Old 14th October 2022, 14:17   #205
PAS
BHPian

Not very Relevant info but just though of sharing some funny conversation from my test ride of Interceptor 650 and Meteor 350 few days back.

Me: Interceptor comes with 6 Speed Gear right?
Sales Person : No sir its 5 gears.
Me: Sure ?
Sales Person : Yes All bikes of RE are having 5 Gears.
<some more info and specs were shared by Sales Person, while i awaited for the test ride vehicle>
Post return from a short test ride
Me: I think this has 6 gears.
Sales Person : No sir its 5.
Another Sales Person chipped in and corrected him...
Sales Person 2: Nahi sir isme aur GT mein 7 hain (No Sir, Interceptor and GT gets 7 speed gear.

Just a few minutes later the Sales Person 2 returned; This time with correct number of gears. May be these bikes are so exotic that they hardly do get any enquiries for these twins. BTW, I felt the sales team was hell bent on selling anything but 650 twins.
PAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 15:54   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Another Sales Person chipped in and corrected him...
Sales Person 2: Nahi sir isme aur GT mein 7 hain (No Sir, Interceptor and GT gets 7 speed gear. [/left]
Maybe the salesperson meant 6 running gears plus a neutral
Old 17th October 2022, 11:19   #207
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, I felt the sales team was hell bent on selling anything but 650 twins.
They don't want customers coming back complaining of wobbling issues
Old 17th October 2022, 14:42   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit View Post
Maybe the salesperson meant 6 running gears plus a neutral
In that case, the 350s would have six gears. Perhaps they should use marketing tricks like "more than 5 gear positions", "Simulated CVT*" etc.

"*In third gear with heavy use of clutch. Some riders may experience frequent plate burnout."
davelok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 23:57   #209
BHPian

I spotted two of the bikes testing today on OMR Chennai, I was at a signal the two bikes crossed me on the opposite side so no pictures. The only thing I noticed different was the bikes had a single seat similar to the old Thunderbird instead of the split seats like the Meteor. Spotting them after a long gap, a couple of months back used to see them more frequently on OMR.
Old 20th October 2022, 12:17   #210
BHPian

Autocar India spilled few more beans here just before the launch of the Super Meteor.

Few points to take note of are:

The wheel sizes are mentioned to be 19" front and 16" rear. Seat height to be lower than the Meteor 350’s 765mm, so should be more accessible. The reveal, however, is still anybody's guess as to if it shall be EICMA or the rider mania.

Feast on this scoop, for now, and have a great day, ahead!

Regards,
C. Sam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
I spotted two of the bikes testing today on OMR Chennai, I was at a signal the two bikes crossed me on the opposite side so no pictures.
Off Topic - Diwa, I love your signature . Gonna find ways to use it in my circles.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 20th October 2022 at 12:32. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks