Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2022, 19:43   #316
BHPian

Pre-booked in interstellar Grey - with message from RE that deliveries will start in Feb 2023!

I was waiting for this launch for almost 2 years. I had decided to buy Interceptor (paid booking amount as well) and then took a casual test ride of Meteor when following up on my booking. I immediately realized that I wanted Meteor body with Interceptor engine. Cancelled my booking and decided to wait for Super Meteor (had confidence of future launch due to spy shots being shared on team-bhp). Now my wait starts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Do share more details like booking amount, choice of variant and colour, for the benefit of other members. Share pictures if you have any.
Thanks
Booking amount is INR 5k. Color and variants being offered are below. I wanted Interstellar Grey in touring setup - not a fan of Red or Blue - will have to kit the cruiser post purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-whatsapp-image-20221119-17.57.40.jpeg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th November 2022 at 22:50. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Prashant_BHP is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 21:10   #317
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAS View Post
Just did pre booked at Rider Mania. Seems the deliveries are planned to happen only from 2023.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant_BHP View Post
Pre-booked in interstellar Grey - with message from RE that deliveries will start in Feb 2023!
Congratulations both of you. Attending RiderMania paid off
NTab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 23:15   #318
BHPian

Congratulations to both of you on your bookings. Pl keep sharing updates.

This cruiser looks promising. RE must have learnt lessons from Himalayan fiasco in early couple of years. As per the reputation RE will definitely surprise with the pricing. This will be again a great value for money with enough power to cruise for hours. Since this engine has been a hit already doing duty for Inte and Conti 650; Sid Lal must be super confident about sales of this new product.

The plot is nicely set up for RE slowly building their brand.

Cheers
Guru_Shikhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 23:29   #319
Senior - BHPian

I booked a Celestial Blue Touring variant earlier today. 5k INR was the booking amount and got an email confirmation with deliveries expected in Feb.

Been waiting forever for this to luanch. Hopefully will get it early next year.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 10:36   #320
BHPian

Congratulations to all those who have booked the Super meteor. I too have been waiting for its launch for almost a year now. Meteor with a 650 cc engine. Hope the booking open for Aam Janta soon. Just a couple of questions
Is Celestial blue variant the one with white colour highlights?
Can we go for Black colour variant and upgrade to dual seat and touring setup Or are there any mechanical changes which make the upgrade impossible or just a jugad setup?
Old 24th November 2022, 00:17   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations to all those who have booked the Super meteor. I too have been waiting for its launch for almost a year now. Meteor with a 650 cc engine. Hope the booking open for Aam Janta soon. Just a couple of questions
Is Celestial blue variant the one with white colour highlights?
Can we go for Black colour variant and upgrade to dual seat and touring setup Or are there any mechanical changes which make the upgrade impossible or just a jugad setup?
Celestial Blue picture is attached for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-screenshot_20221124_001521_email.jpg  

Traveler is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 12:15   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Love it! Elements of Lightening 535 paint job
Wageabond is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 16:29   #323
BHPian

Quote:
I have made a pre-booking for the Astral Black model. As per the information provided, RE will contact us by end of January, to get our options for the choice of dealership. Once the dealership is assigned, the dealers will contact us for required accessories and its is expected to be delivered on the second half of February. As I have not been interested in the tourer colours, I have booked for the black one and planning to opt for the tourer dual seats, back rest,deluxe footpegs & LED indicator as add ons which they said could be done through the dealership.
febz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 10:54   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Are there any mechanical differences between the cruiser and tourer version? Or is it just adding few accessories like the windscreen, backrest etc ? I just don't like the color options on the tourer version at all. If I have to buy this, I'd take the cruiser version and do it up like the tourer version.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 21:39   #325
PAS
BHPian

Got a call today from RE enquiring about my booking and choice of dealership. Basically confirmed by city and pincode. While I took this opportunity to enquire bit more i was informed deliveries can be expected starting February 23 and the changes to color and variant opted at the time of booking can be changed by calling customer care numbers. Also, what took me by suprise was that there would be 3 variants of super meteor while EICMA as well as RiderMania explicitly mentioned 2 variants. Let's wait for the test rides to begin.
PAS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 00:18   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAS View Post
Also, what took me by suprise was that there would be 3 variants of super meteor while EICMA as well as RiderMania explicitly mentioned 2 variants. Let's wait for the test rides to begin.
Congratulations on the booking! There's news that the bike will come in stock avatar, solo tourer and grand tourer variants!
Archie_27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 11:12   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Thank you. Are there any mechanical differences between the cruiser and tourer version? Or is it just adding few accessories like the windscreen, backrest etc ? I just don't like the color options on the tourer version at all. If I have to buy this, I'd take the cruiser version and do it up like the tourer version.
As per the available information, the grand tourer version has tourer dual seats, wind screen,premium cushioned back rest, luggage holder, luggage panniers, tourer handlebars, LED indicators, deluxe foot pegs, metal sump guard and a different mirror from the solo cruiser version.
But I have been informed that the required accessories could be added on to the cruiser version and I booked the astral black.
There is no mechanical differences between both the versions despite the above upgrades.
febz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 11:15   #328
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 India launch on January 10, 2023

Royal Enfield showcased the Super Meteor 650 at Rider Mania 2022. Now, as per media reports, the official launch has been scheduled for January 10, 2023.

Name:  20221108043015_Super Meteor 650_Shot 2.jpg
Views: 1060
Size:  114.6 KB

The Super Meteor 650 will be available in two variants – Standard and Tourer. It shares its underpinnings with the Interceptor INT 650 and the Continental GT 650.

The Super Meteor 650 is a retro-styled bike offering a more relaxed riding position. It features wide handlebars, a low-slung seat, a teardrop-shaped fuel tank, a round LED headlamp and dual chrome exhausts.

Powering the Super Meteor is the familiar 648cc, parallel-twin engine. It produces 46.2 BHP and 52 Nm and is paired with a 6-speed gearbox.

The bike is equipped with an upside-down fork suspension at the front with dual shock absorbers at the rear. Braking duties are handled by disc brakes at both ends.

Source: Overdrive

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 10:14   #329
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any update from RE on the booking confirmations and Booking Number yet. I had done a booking at Rider Mania and I got an email confirmation and a follow up call but so far no booking number has been assigned.

Doesn't show the booking in the RE app on Android as well.

Do let me knownif anyone has received a booking number and any other details.
Old 21st December 2022, 13:38   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, any update from RE on the booking confirmations and Booking Number yet. I had done a booking at Rider Mania and I got an email confirmation and a follow up call but so far no booking number has been assigned.

Doesn't show the booking in the RE app on Android as well.

Do let me knownif anyone has received a booking number and any other details.
Nothing yet! Infact, I tried calling customer service and the lady feigned ignorance about my pre-booking. Things will really move only in the new year, looks like!
bharath79 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks