Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2020, 21:14   #31

Re: Royal Enfield 650cc Cruiser concept spied

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumoto View Post
In the same thread lot of high end bikers started accepting heating and other issues with the big bikes which otherwise nobody was talking about willingly... quite an eye opener thread .
Heating in Big P-Twin without Liquid Cooling will always be an issue. Luckily the 650 Twins have compression ratio of 10, thus are manageable in traffic. Can't say anything about the 865cc unit though. Lets hope they bring out more information on this soon.
Swagat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 00:31   #32
BHPian

IAB Rendering of RE 650cc Cruiser is alluring

Source: https://indianautosblog.com/new-650c...dering-p321508
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-newroyalenfieldcruiserrendering5493.jpg  

katsumoto is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 11:42   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

This looks like it has money minter written all over it for Royal Enfield. A twin cylinder cruiser is just what the market wanted.

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-whatsapp-image-20201014-11.01.18.jpeg

I received this picture via whatsapp, all credit due to the photographer who took it.
neil.jericho is offline   (51) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 11:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
This looks like it has money minter written all over it for Royal Enfield. A twin cylinder cruiser is just what the market wanted.
Wow!!! I am not a cruiser guy by any measure of distance, space and time but even I cannot stop drooling over this one!!!

A good looking cruiser with meaty proportions, tried and tested 650cc heart coming from a company like Royal Enfield, no wonder Harley Davidson packed their bags. I would be surprised if they hadn't already!

It will mint money for sure. I am expecting a premium of INR 15-20K over the INT/GT 650.

PS: In the above IAB rendering, the engine block is slanted forward, doesn't look appealing IMO. I hope that is not the case with the production models.

Last edited by Porschefire : 14th October 2020 at 12:00.
Porschefire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 12:02   #35
BHPian

KX650 Seen undisguised

USD forks / Twin pod setup / 650CC parallel twin and nice coherent dual silencers are prominent...

https://gaadiwaadi.com/exclusive-roy...d-undisguised/
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-royalenfieldkx650spiedcruiser2.jpg  

Last edited by katsumoto : 14th October 2020 at 12:09.
katsumoto is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 12:14   #36
BHPian

Absolutely stunning design. The 650cc parallel twin is a gem of an engine and RE should definitely use it to create multiple products like this. (Maruti has done it successfully with their K10 and K12 engines, plonking each engine in 3-4 models)

With the twins launched and a cruiser incoming, the only thing left out is an adv. Hope they bring that Himalayan 650 as well soon to round off the lineup.

Definitely a great time ahead for motorcycle enthusiasts and RE is slowly slaying the premium segment manufacturers.
klgiridhar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 13:24   #37
BHPian

Spied! Roadster Cruiser 650 cc. Royal Enfield?

A new crusier motorcycle from Royal Enfield has been caught testing outside Chennai recently. Looks like the 650cc motor from the Interceptor/GT twins. Further details awaited!

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img20201014wa0083.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 15th October 2020 at 06:43. Reason: Watermark added
Geo_Ipe is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 14:04   #38
BHPian

What a beauty!! Looks stunning. After Street 750, I guess its time to say goodbye to Kawasaki Vulcan as well (doesn't sell a lot anyway though). However just like the market has moved from Sedans to SUVs in the four wheels category, the market is moving from cruisers to Adventure tourers in the 2 wheels category. A lot of people would have been happier to see a 650 Adv bike like the Himalayan.

Nonetheless, this is one smart looking cruiser with a tried and tested super smooth torquey engine, I am no Adv kind of person so I might just sell my Inty to get this one when it launches.
ishan12 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 14:20   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
However just like the market has moved from Sedans to SUVs in the four wheels category, the market is moving from cruisers to Adventure tourers in the 2 wheels category. A lot of people would have been happier to see a 650 Adv bike like the Himalayan.
Urban enthusiasts, yes. Mass market, no.

The combined sales of the Classic, Thunderbird and Bullet has consistently been >50,000 units a month which means that there is considerable demand for retro/cruisers. The KX650 will certainly be an aspirational upgrade to many of those 50,000/month customers.

But I agree with the last bit of your statement, I would be jumping with joy if it was a Himalayan 650.
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 18:05   #40
BHPian

Loving the design cues so far, a large fuel tank (18-20 Ltrs) will be icing on the cake, though the current one looks like a 13-15 Ltrs. unit.

PS: Notice the unusual/different front side-indicators placement, they seem to be on top of the forks unlike Thunderbird, where they reside alongside headlamp.
museycal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 21:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

Wrong thread I know and sorry, but like more than 1 member has said, I think many people are actually looking forward to a 650cc Himalayan adv motorcycle. I wonder when RE will sit up and take notice of this. Whilst hoping that they're secretly working on 1, to reveal in 2021.

Hope!
k_ajay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 22:00   #42
BHPian

Zigwheels reported the following:

"Also spotted on the Roadster 650 is the asymmetric twin pod console that will make its debut on the Meteor 350. This will enable the bike to have smartphone connectivity, turn by turn navigation and more connected features. The lack of LEDs still seems to be a big miss here."

I'm just hoping they come up for an upgrade for the existing Interceptor and GT models as well. Tech is something really lacking on these motorcycles. This also means that we'll finally get the alloys we've been waiting for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Wrong thread I know and sorry, but like more than 1 member has said, I think many people are actually looking forward to a 650cc Himalayan adv motorcycle. I wonder when RE will sit up and take notice of this. Whilst hoping that they're secretly working on 1, to reveal in 2021.

Hope!
Sagar Sheldkar on his insta page said that a Himalayan 650 will not happen, not with this powertrain atleast. Considering the weight, he's probably right. Doesn't make sense to make such a heavy off roader.
adwaith is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 03:42   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post

I received this picture via whatsapp, all credit due to the photographer who took it.
Smart and well timed move......kudos to Harley Davidson, quit at the right time.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 11:11   #44
BHPian

I am currently driving an Avenger 220. Was planning to upgrade after a year and I am use to driving a cruiser my now. Sports bike, classics, etc. don't lure me anymore.

What options do I have?
Kawasaki Vulcan is pricey and Harley left the house. Hoping for Intruder getting a bigger engine will just remain a dream. TVS keeps showing Zeppelin concept and enthusiasm is fading for the same given the long time since they started teasing it.

If Bajaj launches Avenger with bigger engine and new chassis, then it might be considered but I have not yet seen any spy pics or prototype of the same yet.

Now, Royal Enfield is actually testing a cruiser bike on roads which is plonked with a tested 650 engine (which is getting positive reviews). I will be subscribing to this thread from now on. It will be a perfect upgrade from a 220cc.
Just hope that the bike has strong low end torque to cruise comfortably at legal speeds without vibrations. Top end high speed doesn't matter in cruiser bikes.

Out of all the manufacturer only Royal Enfield and Bajaj are coming up with right products at the right time. Rest just has 'More show and no go.' Time for TVS, Suzuki, Hero, Honda, etc. to match the show quickly.
DrCar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 11:36   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Wow!!! I am not a cruiser guy by any measure of distance, space and time but even I cannot stop drooling over this one!!!

A good looking cruiser with meaty proportions, tried and tested 650cc heart coming from a company like Royal Enfield, no wonder Harley Davidson packed their bags. I would be surprised if they hadn't already!
I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. The 650 platform is a well proven one by now and this cruiser appears to offer a comfortable seating position for the rider, USD forks, a meaty 19 inch front and possibly 16 inch rear tire and alloy wheels (the motorcycling Gods are finally listening to our prayers!!!). It will be interesting to see how spacious the pillion's seating actually is and how the ergonomics are designed, this was one of the weak points of the design of the Interceptor and GT650.

This seems to be a true successor to the Thunderbird 350 and 500, which were such capable tourers. Im guessing that this new bike will become the Thunderbird 650 and could could explain why the new 350 cruiser had to adopt the Meteor name.

This bike in the old Marine Blue colour of the Thunderbird would be a hot seller!

P.S - Anyone feel that the upright bike in the background makes the front end looks like that of a Comet?
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks