Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2023, 23:49   #481
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
What are the headings for the columns. Could you please post the full page.
The ₹8999 would be for the extended warranty & RSA till 5th year. I am clueless about the ₹3350 one.
febz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 00:01   #482
Senior - BHPian

Took a Test Ride of the SM650 today. Great bike. Well balanced. The torque is well spread out. It can become a comfy low RPM cruiser and can pull hard as well.
I hope someone can devise a bracket to pull the brake and gear rear sets back by about 6 inches. Also the handlebar needs to be pulled back by atleast 2 to 3 inches.
I'm sure with the advent of this bike a lot of custom parts will soon be available.
Though I wonder why the check engine light was on throughout the TR.
The colour was Interstellar Green. A beauty.
The bike is substantial in size.
I was looking for a low rider to compliment my GS so that I can take my 3 year old around my colony for short rides. He loves the Ather 450X but I want him to feel an ICE engined bike too. They'll be long gone by the time he gets to ride one on his own.

Glad that I'm able to save lakhs by choosing this over a harley!

Last edited by navpreet318 : 31st January 2023 at 00:07.
navpreet318 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 00:03   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
What are the headings for the columns. Could you please post the full page.
Here you go the full price list of REs in Bangalore. SM at the bottom.

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-7c5d437a5f5649db8d3025cf56ff673e.jpeg
balenoed_ is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 00:09   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Here you go the full price list of REs in Bangalore. SM at the bottom.

Attachment 2412415
I am appalled at the road tax we pay in Bangalore considering that roads are a rare commodity here.

It actually ironic that the Celetial variants are more expensive than a similarly specced Interstellar version.

The high ex showroom price of the Celestial ends up increasing both the road tax and insurance and ultimately the final price.

It would probably be more prudent to buy the base variant and then get the accessories put on. I reckon one would save anywhere between 5 to 20k depending on what all accessories one chooses.

RE should have thought about this.. it's like penalizing the guys who are buying their highest variant for no fault. Alternatively they should have kept the Celestial variant accessories exclusive to that variant to justify things.

Last edited by Traveler : 31st January 2023 at 00:16.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 07:52   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by febz View Post
The ₹8999 would be for the extended warranty & RSA till 5th year. I am clueless about the ₹3350 one.
I guess the 3350 would be for the engine guard.
Old 31st January 2023, 09:46   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Took a Test Ride of the SM650 today.
Didn’t know that the bikes were available for test rides. Which city are you in?
Here in Bangalore, I was told by the dealer that the bikes haven’t even been fully registered in the state with the RTO, and that TRs will take atleast another few weeks.
Do share your thoughts on how the bike felt in city riding, as well as how the suspension handles our Indian roads.
In my experience of sitting on the display bike and moving it around a bit, the weight is relatively well masked, and is down low. The 241kgs~ shouldn’t be much of an issue. With the low seat and relatively slim profile, manoeuvering while parking shouldn’t be difficult.
Old 31st January 2023, 11:16   #487
BHPian

Need an info.
If I book through dealer does it show in my RE app?
I have booked with a dealer in Jaipur but it's not showing in the app.
However my cancelled booking is showing as cancelled as well as my old Bull is showing in the list.
Old 31st January 2023, 12:06   #488
Senior - BHPian

The bikes are available here for TR.
So regarding the bike. I'll be getting one specifically for city ride only. It'll never see highways.
So for me it was very comfortable and balanced. Did a couple of U turns very comfortably.
You also have to see my perspective and background. I've owned heavy superbikes for close to 2 decades. I have learnt to manage heavy bikes over these years by falling innumerable times!
But then you have to give it to this bike. It's engineered well and the balance is very good.
It can chug along at low rpms. It can be pushed hard as well.
Potholes are taken normally. Though I'm sure we will soon have after market rear shocks because the present ones are a bit stiff.

Also I'm waiting for these guys to have a touring model as well so that I can get a feel of that comfy looking touring seat.
navpreet318 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 12:49   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
So for me it was very comfortable and balanced. Did a couple of U turns very comfortably.
You also have to see my perspective and background. I've owned heavy superbikes for close to 2 decades. I have learnt to manage heavy bikes over these years by falling innumerable times!
But then you have to give it to this bike. It's engineered well and the balance is very good.
It can chug along at low rpms. It can be pushed hard as well.
Potholes are taken normally. Though I'm sure we will soon have after market rear shocks because the present ones are a bit stiff.
Great feedback. Indeed you are among the first batch of end users who has done the TR and your view on city rides has made me a lot less worried.Anxiously waiting for the dealers call for a TR.
Old 1st February 2023, 05:20   #490
Senior - BHPian

Frankly going by my use of my bikes in the past years I fail to understand why any bike cannot be used in the city.
Of course if won't be as easy as an Ather 450X or a Suzuki Access, but it's still a 2 wheeler. With some effort, which in a few days one gets used to, it becomes easy.
Trust me. When you ride a similar 250 kg Adv bike with just your toes touching the ground, this cruiser seems like cakewalk!

Buy the bike you love. Simple. Ride it to your work or the neighborhood Cafe or vegetable and fruit vendor. Ride it like that.
And if anyone asks why you're using such and expensive and purpose build bike for such use, answer this- "Because I want to." A more polite version of "Because I can!".
navpreet318 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 10:57   #491
BHPian

Long and serious conversation,

Happy cruising,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 11:38   #492
BHPian

I use a heavy superbike for the past 6 years and here are the main issues I faced in the city

1. Excessive heat - This is a real pain, especially during summer. Even if the engine is switched off in traffic lights/jams, the heat will not come down fast.
2. Negotiating through traffic - The width and heft of the bike prevent you from going through that narrow gaps and reaching the front row of the traffic signal. Even if you wish to wait, make sure you give way for the people behind to avoid getting annoyed.
3. Heavy clutch - You have to change gear several times and after sometime, your left hand starts paining especially when you are wearing a glove due to operating the heavy clutch. This especially true when you return from a long ride and navigate that last few miles through the city.

As all these are design issues, only a proper test ride can tell you how SM650 performs in these areas.
manojas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 11:42   #493
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if the Super Meteor 650 comes with a slipper clutch. That is usually lighter to operate and aids overall bike stability too.
Old 1st February 2023, 13:08   #494
BHPian

Anybody did a test ride in Bengaluru. February they said test ride starts.

Attaching few pics from my visit few weeks ago. Being a display bike or not sure why there were lots of insulation tapes and wire ends exposed.

Name:  Wire end1.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  59.4 KBName:  Wire end2.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  50.5 KBRoyal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-wire-end3.jpg

Below are insulation tapes I spotted. Please advice.
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-insulation-tape1.jpg
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-insulation-tape2.jpg

Also in front of rear tyre I saw a heat sink mounted. It's so apt where lots of debris will get stuck / collected. Experts please comment.

Name:  Tyre end1.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  49.9 KBName:  Tyre end2.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  55.4 KB

Good improvement on exhaust heads which was rusted in twins in brand new ones.
Name:  Exhaust rust.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  67.6 KB
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-wire-end-5.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 2nd February 2023 at 13:11. Reason: Typo
Ritz2010 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 1st February 2023, 13:20   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz2010 View Post
Anybody did a test ride in Bengaluru. February they said test ride starts.

Attaching few pics from my visit few weeks ago. Being a display bike or not sure why there were lots of insulation tapes and wire ends exposed.

Attachment 2413456Attachment 2413458Attachment 2413459Attachment 2413460Attachment 2413461

Also in front of rear tyre I saw an heat sync mounted. It's so apt where lots of debris will get stuck / collected. Experts please comment.

Attachment 2413455Attachment 2413457
Pl check the links. Only one photograph is visible, rest links are not opening.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks