Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2023, 23:32   #646
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant_BHP View Post
Bolt Gachbolwli did not have them as yet - Sump guard and crash guard to begin with. I will need a windshield for sure for managing wind blast on long rides.
Thank you. I have added a bunch while customising the bike. Might definitely need a horn. Any other riding gear you are shopping for wearing on you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupMeteorStorme View Post
Any recommendations for gear and stores?
Thank you. Please share any good online references or local stores as well.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th March 2023 at 03:35. Reason: Quotes trimmed, posts merged.
nbot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 18:09   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbot View Post
Any other riding gear you are shopping for wearing on you?

Please share any good online references or local stores as well.
Not as yet. Going through the forums, Rynox seems most popular. No idea about local stores in HYD. Primary reason is planning a road trip only post summers - will be looking out for gear around then. Till then will putter in and around Hyderabad - mostly short distance not-so-fast rides.
Prashant_BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 19:16   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbot View Post
any good online references or local stores as well.
I haven't looked at online stores because I want to try the fit of every item before buying.

Rynox jackets and gloves are what I bought. Viaterra jackets were heavily recommended by my biker friends. I may check out their mesh riding jacket (if budget permits).
SupMeteorStorme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 00:54   #649
BHPian

Guys, i already own an Astral blue super meteor, and i also booked another super meteor 650 on my name, planning to cancel my second booking, just wanted to let u all know if anyone is interested i can transfer my Booking to your name, the dealership in Hyderabad has 3 colors available ready to deliver, Astral Black, Grey and Interstellar Green, DM me if interested.
865interceptor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 19:42   #650
BHPian

Took delivery of my SM 650 earlier today (Astral Black). I had by chance dropped by the dealership on Saturday (Bolt motors, Gachibowli) enquiring about my booking (showing in app as 20 April tentative date for my 4 Feb booking). The manager said as I had a customized booking (accessories) there was going to be a delay. But without accessories, they told me they had the stock version in my chosen model and color available right away as folks were postponing their delivery. Completed payment today and took delivery. Unfortunately no accessories are available and I shall have to wait a few weeks for the crash guard, sump guard and pillion backrest to be available.

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-445c3cb0b3ec46b1bfdd58dd848f5f6b.jpg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 24th March 2023 at 09:18. Reason: Strictly no discussion of WhatsApp groups please. Takes away from the purpose of this forum. Thanks!
trishul is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 21:13   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishul View Post
Took delivery of my SM 650 earlier today (Astral Black).
Congratulations on the bike. It looks smashing. It's perfect riding weather in Hyd right now. Wish you lakhs of KMs of smooth rides.

Did they allow you to do a PDI?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 24th March 2023 at 09:18. Reason: Quoted post edited
SupMeteorStorme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 14:43   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupMeteorStorme View Post
Congratulations on the bike. It looks smashing. It's perfect riding weather in Hyd right now. Wish you lakhs of KMs of smooth rides.
Thank you, waiting for accessories to be available before going on longer rides. Checked couple of dealers in hyd and none of them have accessories such as crash guard and sump guard in stock

Quote:
Did they allow you to do a PDI?
I was allocated the display vehicle, they replaced the display vehicle in the showroom with a newer vehicle. I didn’t mind and went ahead with it rather than wait further. So I inspected in the showroom and only found the rear reflector damaged and they replaced it from the other vehicle 🤯
trishul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 23:41   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 865interceptor View Post
Guys, i already own an Astral blue super meteor, and i also booked another super meteor 650 on my name, planning to cancel my second booking, just wanted to let u all know if anyone is interested i can transfer my Booking to your name, the dealership in Hyderabad has 3 colors available ready to deliver, Astral Black, Grey and Interstellar Green, DM me if interested.
Thank you. I would love to get ahead if possible.
Haven't been able to find an option for DM here.

You may ping me on 6363685810 if you don't mind.
Old 24th March 2023, 11:59   #654
BHPian

So I'm a long time Avenger Fan.. The first one I bought was on 2005.. rode it till the Odo broke at some 32,000 km, never got it fixed till the bike could only end its life as a scrap vehicle in 2021.

Then for a very little while I purchased a RE TB 350 back in 2015. For some reason I did not have a great experience with the bike..The engine had too many vibrations, and the gear shifts were so hard that it felt someone was hammering inside the engine. I sold it after only riding it for 1500 KM, and went for the newly launched Avenger Street 220. Needless to say I never had issue with long frame low slung cruiser bikes in either city rides or on highway.

Due to many reason (some in my control and some not) did not ride this one a lot. The current ODO reads a little over 2500KM. But due to some recent life choices and availability of some Funds I have been thinking of getting back to riding and was on the lookout for a Bike in the 3-4Lacs range new or used. I had and still have my heart on the HD Street 750.

Having said that I quite liked the Looks of the Super Meteor and yesterday I just entered the RE showroom to have a look. The Sales guy offered me a Test Ride. I rode for 3-4 Km on a good road, came back to the showroom. Spoke a bit about the improvements and asked the sales guy can I have another go on a bit of a bad road and he obliged. Rode for another 3-4 Km on a little bumpy road and that sealed the deal. I ended up leaving the showroom with a booking and a may be chance of getting the bike in 1-2 month in Astral Green color bare basic, will build as I go.

I must add here, from the 2015 Thunderbird 350 to the 2023 Super Meteor there is a Huge Huge difference in refinement. I can't believe I'm saying this but looks like I'm getting converted.

Last edited by manson : 30th March 2023 at 12:08. Reason: Changed 2013 to 2023 :)
sinner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 14:11   #655
BHPian

Completely agree, the Super Meteor is very refined when compared to older RE Bikes, but the way RE treats its or supports its customers has gone in other direction. This is based on my most recent experiences, I am trying to reach RE to get pillion back rest fixed on my bike which was ordered along with the bike on 16th Jan and was assured by the dealer it will be delivered with the bike. But now there is no sign of it. I did get my bike on 10th March.
Old 26th March 2023, 02:10   #656
BHPian

Folks from Hyderabad, any suggestions on which showroom has all the 6 colors on Display?

Want to make sure I have picked the right one.
Old 26th March 2023, 08:57   #657
Senior - BHPian

Test rode the bike yesterday for around 7-8kms on the Airport road. Must say, although it has the same engine from the GT/Interceptor, it feels totally different on this bike. The way they have geared and mapped the engine makes it feel way more torquey in low revs, with part throttle that too. Open the throttle and there is a nice intake roar. The exhaust has a nice bassy note too although it cannot be heard once the revs rise.
Coming from the Interceptor, the riding position and comfort were like heavan. I could manage it in traffic with a bit of handle dance in crawling speeds, but otherwise it felt equal to the Interceptor. Windblast was there nearing a hundred but it was in the way of slight head bobbing.
The rear shocks are stiff for sure, but like it is known by now, the bike is meant for nice open highways although I realized after yesterday's ride that it can be used in traffic too once you get used to it.
tharian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 09:46   #658

I finally took my delivery of the SM650 Astral Green yesterday. Got a call out of the blue that the bike is here.
Ofcourse without accesories, just the stock model. No ETA as in when they would arrive.

I had just talked to the customer care a week before where they had told me that the bike would be delivered by the end of September.
So yeah that was a pleasant surprise.

It's my first ever vehicle delivery experience so I do not have any benchmarks.

The Delivery experience was okay at Bolt Hitech City, although the finance(bank) guys over there will try to give you the highest interest rates possible.
When I told them that I had received so and so interest rates on their website while booking and selecting their financing options, they were like wo sab app pe rehta, asli mai nai milta. Lol.

After I talked to my bank from the showroom itself, I told them I got a way better interest rate, then they were like we too can provide a lesser interest rate, took out his phone, opened the calculator app, punched in some numbers. I told them, it's done now.

My bank sent over an executive who did the arrangements in a day for financing, at a way better interests than that was provided to me earlier.

Got a pathetic visorless halfface helmet for free and had to pay 1100 rs for bike cover and 1000 rs for RTO agent.
Did not receive the manual yet, they said it was left at their warehouse, will get it the next day.

Rode around the city for around 40 kms almost all of it in minor traffic, tried to take a lot of U turns 😅. Wanted to get used to those in the city.

The sad thing is that I had to travel the same day for 10 days to Gujarat. So yeah, can't wait to get back home now.😁

The Astral Green looks black, it's looks green only in direct light.
Couldn't take much photos where the bike looks green as I had to travel in the evening.
But here are few where it looks black. Before, during and after the pooja.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img_20230330_094036.jpg  

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img_20230330_005145.jpg  

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img20230329wa0001.jpg  

varunezhava is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 11:16   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunezhava View Post
I finally took my delivery of the SM650 Astral Green yesterday. Got a call out of the blue that the bike is here.
Ofcourse without accesories, just the stock model. No ETA as in when they would arrive..
Congratulations on.the new ride. Wish you miles of safe and happy riding.

Are they actually printed owners manual? Even I did not recieve any manual and downloaded the PDF version. Request to other owners also to confirm if they got a physical hard copy of owners manual or not.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 11:27   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunezhava View Post
Ofcourse without accesories, just the stock model. No ETA as in when they would arrive.

I had just talked to the customer care a week before where they had told me that the bike would be delivered by the end of September.
So yeah that was a pleasant surprise.
Congrats on your new bike.

Looks like the Bolt dealership was trying to move inventory before March 31st. I received a similar call on Monday. When asked about the seat customisation and accessories, I was told they could arrange those in a few days. I refused to take delivery without the accessories.

RE customer care has said that customized bikes will be delivered sometime in April. Keeping my fingers crossed.
SupMeteorStorme is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks