Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2023, 23:10   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled

Got a call from the local dealer inviting me for the formal launch of the bike tomorrow at 7.30 PM. Prices will be revealed at the launch time tomorrow.

The bikes are scheduled to reach tonight and test drives will be available from next week.

The embargo on the media drive reviews also ends at 6 PM tomorrow, so I guess they will launch it just after the reviews come out. Good strategy by RE.

Last edited by Traveler : 15th January 2023 at 23:15.
Traveler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 23:28   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

The bikes are scheduled to reach tonight and test drives will be available from next week.

The embargo on the media drive reviews also ends at 6 PM tomorrow, so I guess they will launch it just after the reviews come out. Good strategy by RE.
I think RE has made its launch strategy as smooth as its 650CC parallel twin engine.

It starts with spy shots of the test mules getting more and more production-ready like the linear no-drama pull from the engine. Then there is a launch event followed by the media test rides and then the immediately available test ride for the public.
advstreak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 10:33   #363
BHPian

I was said 6pm launch when I rang Electronic City showroom here in Bengaluru for on road price and delivery date info.

Seems it's moved to 7:30pm. Thanks everyone for the update. Anyone doing test ride please post your views.
Old 16th January 2023, 11:04   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Super Meteor launch date announcement pictures
Could you please share a link to the official URL where these pictures were published?

It is exciting to see the steps RE are taking to ensure their product releases are handled well!
Old 16th January 2023, 11:29   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advstreak View Post
I think RE has made its launch strategy as smooth as its 650CC parallel twin engine.

It starts with spy shots of the test mules getting more and more production-ready like the linear no-drama pull from the engine. Then there is a launch event followed by the media test rides and then the immediately available test ride for the public.
Exactly, they are epitome of how to read a customer in bike world as it was Maruti sometime back. Everything is transparent and clear causing hardly any confusions no wonder they have some very loyal customers and a huge customer base.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 13:14   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushalswarup View Post
Could you please share a link to the official URL where these pictures were published?
Here you go - Link

You can also find them on Royal Enfield official Instagram page - Link

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-fb_img_1673855482089.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 16th January 2023 at 13:22.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 19:42   #367
BHPian

The launch is happening right now!
Archie_27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 19:49   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Launched at starting price of 3.49 till 3.79 Ex-Showroom.

Great Pricing like always!

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-price.png

Looking at European and UK prices, it feels great that how we get it for almost half the price. A sentiment we generally echo other way around where we pay so much more compared to our European and British Fellow riders for other brands.

Just like a well oiled machine, reviews start dropping in.

Bookings have started on app and you can book one right now, what a brilliant way to launch a product.

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-re-app.jpg

Others should take note of this and make it a use case for themselves.

Last edited by AtheK : 16th January 2023 at 20:10.
AtheK is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 19:50   #369

Tempted to put a booking down and put up the Interceptor for sale, the price is a bargain!
Old 16th January 2023, 19:51   #370
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 pricing will range from Rs 3.49 lakh to 3.79 lakh (ex-showroom)

- Astral costs Rs 3.49 lakh,
- Mid-tier Interstellar costs Rs 3.64 lakh and
- Range-topping Celestial costs Rs 3.79 lakh.

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-smartselect_20230116195131_twitter.jpg

Super Meteor 650 - Cruising At Its Purest

TVC

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd January 2023 at 06:16. Reason: Added a word
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 19:51   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Prices starts at

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-pxl_20230116_1419312422.jpg
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 19:59   #372
BHPian

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-screenshot-10.png

There you go. RE has made decent pricing I'd say at a premium of about 65K from the ex-showroom price of the 650 twins. The top-end variant is a premium priced at 379K, which will easily touch north of 450K on road. Let's see how the demand picks up.
AG86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 20:28   #373
BHPian

Can't decide if the pricing is juicier or the first impressions of the motorcycle. But as an owner of not 1, 2 but 4 royal enfields in the past since 1995, the concerns that beauty is only skin deep with an RE keeps coming back - atleast to my style of riding.

This realisation was overlooked when I put my money down on an interceptor a couple of years back and after a comprehensive ride found it most unsuitable to my riding style. I'm explaining...

I'm not new to cruisers, the first being a Kawasaki Bajaj eliminator bought within 2 days of it's launch, then a Hyosung Aquila (a mistake on many levels) and then a Thunderbird after the Aquila which i finally struggled to sell and went in for an Intruder. I'm just mentioning the cruisers and boy was the realizations night at day.

Disclaimer - i only ride solo and normally on any outstation work assignments which take me to national parks and coffee estates.

It is here I discovered the priority order for me in a cruiser -
Ground clearance
Foot steering the motorcycle
Ability to lift off the ground solo
A predictable handling and holding of line on ghat bends
Quality of engineering and parts
Service centre availability
Comfort to spine, back and bottom over long distance.

In all the motorcycles i rode, the intruder topped the list with also an ability to cruise with no stress for hours and in the 5 years iv owned not one glitch. In comparison, i was much bruised and fatigued with my REs and the Interceptor just took 30 minutes to do that! You may talk reward of speed, but isn't a cruisers supposed to just - cruise along. Anyway if you don't think so, the increasing speed cameras certainly do.

Vehicles are often bought by heart over head, especially motorcycles and it is here all else fails in front of the delicious RE.

My word of caution is just this for all the early adopters and quick movers. Think of riding style before you buy. If almost always in a group, some points of concern will be covered, like the weight etc.

What doesn't instill confidence though is that RE had this media ride in snooker-table flat Rajasthan roads, where a needle would stand out as a blemish. Is that suitable for someone living in other states, especially cities, which always have the rawest deals when it comes to road conditions.

Many reviews are out, but many may remember that they've had more than one sympathy influencing free lunch! So use a bit of your own sense while checking out the bike in person and try, try, try, inspite of your heart beating so fast right now, to use some head.

As always, no offence meant to hardcore fans, and your mileage would and should vary, just that at about 4.7+ on road, you don't want to be putting this tough to pull out of parking bike on OLX! Please note - am being the devils advocate for THIS particular RE. Their J series 350s I think tick a lot more of my boxes.

Last edited by AnAntinspired : 16th January 2023 at 20:31.
AnAntinspired is offline   (56) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 20:45   #374
BHPian

So I first typed this out…

“Personally, I’m not sure why people say it’s great pricing when it’s 20% more expensive than its twin siblings and nearly 20% heavier. But hey, that’s just me. If it sells enough to meet their targets then the price is right. If it doesn’t, it isn’t.”

Then I watched Sagar Sheldekar’s and Zaran Mody’s vids before I posted. And I can’t stick with that any more.

I gotta say, I’ve never been a RE fan and I have many bones to pick with their attitude to QC in particular.

I also was a huge skeptic about the bike’s specs on paper. And I thought the pricing was crazy given the handicap in weight.

But on seeing the vids, I’m convinced it’s worth every paisa extra!! I mean, just the Showa big piston fork (never in my life did I think Royal Enfield would spec something like this) alone is worth more than the price differential considering how poor the stock suspension is on the Inty and GT. Add to that the general appearance of quality of the metal parts, better brakes, the seemingly better gearbox and that Sarge says you can flog it to 140-150 with minimal vibration AND that they both attest it carries its weight low down so it’s surprisingly easier to move around than one would think given it’s weight. Shouldn’t be hard to shed some weight from this either.

Well I’m happy to swallow my earlier skeptical words and say I now think it’s absolutely worth it. So much so that I might just give this a shot (if the waiting period isn’t two years or something ridiculous). Which is a lot considering I never ever thought I would even consider being an early adopter of a RE product.

Let’s hope this one becomes a genuine flagship - one which isn’t plagued by all the kinds of troubles other RE launches have been in the past.

Last edited by RT13 : 16th January 2023 at 20:53.
RT13 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 20:47   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

While I watched 2 of the reviews and both mentioning the ease of ride on a highway, I am keenly awaiting the city ride TR as well. Both the reviews incidentally observed the back pitching a little too much on uneven roads, which is a fair share across India.

Am peacefully waiting for the Himalayan 450/650 launch.
swiftnfurious is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks