Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2020, 11:43   #46
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield 650cc Cruiser concept spied

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCar View Post
I am currently driving an Avenger 220. Was planning to upgrade after a year and I am use to driving a cruiser my now. Sports bike, classics, etc. don't lure me anymore.

What options do I have?
Kawasaki Vulcan is pricey and Harley left the house. Hoping for Intruder getting a bigger engine will just remain a dream. TVS keeps showing Zeppelin concept and enthusiasm is fading for the same given the long time since they started teasing it.

If Bajaj launches Avenger with bigger engine and new chassis, then it might be considered but I have not yet seen any spy pics or prototype of the same yet.

Now, Royal Enfield is actually testing a cruiser bike on roads which is plonked with a tested 650 engine (which is getting positive reviews). I will be subscribing to this thread from now on. It will be a perfect upgrade from a 220cc.
Just hope that the bike has strong low end torque to cruise comfortably at legal speeds without vibrations. Top end high speed doesn't matter in cruiser bikes.

Out of all the manufacturer only Royal Enfield and Bajaj are coming up with right products at the right time. Rest just has 'More show and no go.' Time for TVS, Suzuki, Hero, Honda, etc. to match the show quickly.
Cruise at legal speeds? Your avenger can do that. Btw legal speed for any two wheeler across India is between 50/60 kmph. If you are planning to cruise at 100 kmph, do it on 4 wheels. Anyway a cruiser motorcycle is useless in India due the low ride height, ground clearance and absolute lack of wind protection. The only way to ride long distances is on an adventure tourer.
AirbusCapt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 12:01   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
Cruise at legal speeds? Your avenger can do that. Btw legal speed for any two wheeler across India is between 50/60 kmph. If you are planning to cruise at 100 kmph, do it on 4 wheels. Anyway a cruiser motorcycle is useless in India.
Hi, apologies to not be clear in my previous post. Legal speed I mean is anywhere between 60 to 80 kmph. What I wanted to convey was that Avenger isn't stable enough on such speeds as the braking ability is poor along with high vibrations.
I anyways take my car for long distance travel and take bike out for intracity commute occasional weekend drives only.
Always Drive safe.
DrCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 12:58   #48
BHPian

This looks like a real beauty!!! Wow!!!
Old 15th October 2020, 18:31   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Anyway a cruiser motorcycle is useless in India due the low ride height, ground clearance and absolute lack of wind protection.
That's quite a statement. Do you think hatchbacks like i20 or sedans like Honda city, Maruti Ciaz are also useless in India given they have the same ground clearance of around 170 mm or less, which is the same as the Bajaj Avenger, which by the way sells like potato by kg across India even with a dated engine. Or for that matter 100s of RE Thunderbird with a 135 mm clearance that do Laddakh every year.
Also did not really understand how low ride height makes a motorcycle useless.
Low CG aside, low seat height is a feature for people less then 5"7 in height.
I personally know people who would swear by the low ride height and relaxed ergonomics of a cruiser and have travelled the length and breadth of the country on their Thunderbird/ Avenger/ Classic including Khardungla.
The wind protection logic would also render most naked motorcycles useless including the KTMs. Certainly an after market windscreen can always be easily fixed on a cruiser/ Naked bike if needed.
Guess we are a country full of people hell bent on buying useless motorcycles.

Quote:
The only way to ride long distances is on an adventure tourer.
This might sure be your personal opinion to which a lot of long distance riders (highway tourers) would tend to disagree.
ishan12 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 09:46   #50
BHPian

I think we are entering the golden age for Indian Bikes. The 650 twins, the Jawa, the CB350, and now this. I love it. I have been asking for a cruiser as I am not a fan of the interceptor sitting position. I would buy this one if launched ~2.5-3L. With a back rest and a couple of saddle bags man, this one will be a keeper!!!

Last edited by 1.2TSI7DSG : 16th October 2020 at 09:49.
Old 16th October 2020, 09:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only way to ride long distances is on an adventure tourer.
Lol no.

Daimler invented the motorcycle in 1885.

Then people wanted "wind protection" ...

And Benz invented the car in 1886.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 11:21   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post

P.S - Anyone feel that the upright bike in the background makes the front end looks like that of a Comet?
While I am impressed by the cruiser, I am equally curious about the one behind. Do we have any details on the product ? Is it again another iteration using the 650 twin ? More like Interceptor X, with alloys, tech etc., like we had Thunderbird X alongside the regular one.
acarun.vel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 11:41   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
P.S - Anyone feel that the upright bike in the background makes the front end looks like that of a Comet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by acarun.vel View Post
While I am impressed by the cruiser, I am equally curious about the one behind. Do we have any details on the product ? Is it again another iteration using the 650 twin ? More like Interceptor X, with alloys, tech etc., like we had Thunderbird X alongside the regular one.
Am I the only one who thinks both motorcycles are the same model?

I played "spot the differences" for like half an hour before deciding to post this!
Geo_Ipe is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 12:02   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post

I played "spot the differences" for like half an hour before deciding to post this!
Looks like I need to pay my dues to my Ophthalmologist. But, I am hoping that Interceptor X happens
acarun.vel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 12:50   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am with you on this, it is just the upright position of the one in background vis-a-vis tilted position of one in foreground is messing up with our overworked brains.
BANDHAV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 13:20   #56
BHPian

Hi. I just called up HSR on Lalbagh Road and Banashankari as well to check on this. They say they have no clue about this new so called "650 Cruiser" and there have been no such updates from RE as well to Dealers. I in fact asked him to move my Int 650 booking to this new one, but he absolutely denied any knowledge of the 650 Cruiser. Can anybody from RE in the forum throw some light on this.
Thanks.
Old 16th October 2020, 14:52   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkumarblore View Post
Hi. I just called up HSR on Lalbagh Road and Banashankari as well to check on this. They say they have no clue about this new so called "650 Cruiser" and there have been no such updates from RE as well to Dealers. I in fact asked him to move my Int 650 booking to this new one, but he absolutely denied any knowledge of the 650 Cruiser. Can anybody from RE in the forum throw some light on this.
Thanks.
Since the bike is still under testing, they wouldn't have a clue. And regarding denying knowledge on the bike, they'll be asked by the company not to divulge any information about it.
They will know about it for sure.

From what I heard,it will take another year to hit showrooms.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 14:55   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkumarblore View Post
Thanks.
Way way way too early for all of that. Even by generous estimates, this motorcycle is at least 2 years away from launch and around 2.5 years before you can have it in your parking.
Checkout the timeline to launch when the similar photos of the 650 twins were seen.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4246120 (The Twin-Cylinder 750cc Royal Enfield)

The new 350s (Meteor and the new classic) would be the priority to launch for the company right now and even that has been delayed by a good 8 months already.

Get your self the Interceptor, enjoy it for 3 years and the sell it off and get the 650 cruiser.
ishan12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 15:35   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
Way way way too early for all of that. Even by generous estimates, this motorcycle is at least 2 years away from launch and around 2.5 years before you can have it in your parking.

Get your self the Interceptor, enjoy it for 3 years and the sell it off and get the 650 cruiser.
Hi, I kind of knew it. Just made the call out of curiosity.
I may never buy the Int650 as I am not comfortable with its riding posture. I don't like its slightly lean forward & knee bent riding posture. I like my current RECL500 sitting posture. It perfectly suits my body.
I'll probably wait for the bigger Honda CB(if at all it is there). I sat on the CB350 at Big Wings showroom. It was very comfortable. Thanks anyways.

Last edited by Pkumarblore : 16th October 2020 at 15:40.
Old 16th October 2020, 16:05   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Haha, I didnt mean to cause confusion but the bike in the background is likely to be the same 650 cruiser itself. As BANDHAV rightly said, its just that the second bike seems to be propped up and we can only see the front end, which to me is reminiscent of the Comet 250.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks