Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2020, 19:06   #61
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield 650cc Cruiser concept spied

RE should include water cooling for the 650 series to make it a perfect cruiser. Relying on air cooling for higher capacity bikes is not a good option in places with high temperature. I always felt my interceptor engine not as responsive during noon time when it is really hot outside.
Old 16th October 2020, 21:04   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Wrong thread I know and sorry, but like more than 1 member has said, I think many people are actually looking forward to a 650cc Himalayan adv motorcycle. I wonder when RE will sit up and take notice of this. Whilst hoping that they're secretly working on 1, to reveal in 2021.

Hope!
Well this project is definitely under works. A petrolhead friend confirmed.
But expect it more in 2022 than 2021, if covid has not derailed their plans already.
i@M.S.K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 07:07   #63
BHPian

Rushlane rendering with different colour schemes

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/royal-e...-12375334.html

Somehow I liked red
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-newroyalenfield650cccruisercolourred1068x601.jpg  

katsumoto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 12:08   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
From my exposure to the 650 engine (which is actually a gem) do not think it will make a good scrambler engine. Would prefer the engine to carry much more low end torque. However this engine with all its weight can still be a good cruiser or with a better chassis design can find a use case in making a decent Adventure tourer with better top end. They need to have different engine tunes plus gear ratios for each of their versions instead of plonking the same engine tune.

Nice to see the RE get the USD for the first time into its product.
I think it also depends on the state of tune for the Bike. Last week i believe the Interceptor bagged Podium at the Amrican Flatrack Racing Championship for Production Twins ridden by Johnny Lewis (No. 10 Moto Anatomy X ), So never know if that tuned version makes it out into market for a bunch of enthusiastic sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumoto View Post

Somehow I liked red
The Render Attempt is well appreciated but doesn't look like it was done keeping the spy pics in mind. This looks like a bad and shoddy job done by someone at Karol Bag. Apologies for being critical but renders usually give out a much impressive perspective about any motorcycle. The Artist has used Different Logos at different places on the Bike. (Tank and Engine Casing), Over all i think this has made me disappointed rather than excited about what the bike could look like.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th October 2020 at 17:18. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
praveen_sathaye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 18:29   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
This looks like it has money minter written all over it for Royal Enfield. A twin cylinder cruiser is just what the market wanted.

I received this picture via whatsapp, all credit due to the photographer who took it.
Being an owner of a Thunderbird for past 9 years and more than 1L km, I am really interested in upgrading to something which fits well within the budget of 5 lacs but also is a true upgrade. This motorcycle ticks all the right boxes, but leaves out on a bigger engine. I personally would love to see a 800 cubic mill on this thing along with a good riding posture. If it does those I will be happy to swap my Thunderbird with this:
DarkHorse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 19:31   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumoto View Post

Somehow I liked red
Wow, this looks awesome. If priced well, this will be an instant hit. Don't think there is a high capacity cruiser south of the Vulcan
dinu2506 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 12:52   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagat View Post

Can someone shed some light when this might be launched. Looks pretty much ready without camo covering. I might hold my Int plans for this happily.
Read somewhere that it was scheduled for a late 2020 launch, but has gotten delayed due to covid and is now slated for a mid-late 2021 launch after extensive testing.

After owning a RE Himalayan BSIV for a couple of years now, i hope they complete the testing before the launch of the bike and not test on the customers themselves. The number of service center visits after i bought this bike has outnumbered the total visits for the past 15 years of me riding bikes!

I also read that it will be a bike with features of a smart bike. Now after the experience i've had, i wish they make a bike which just runs, period.

Frankly am ok even if they launch this bike (or any new bike) in 2030 provided it just runs without any hassles!
thepilgrim1424 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 19:23   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Back to Chennai from Pondicherry sometime back and was riding my CBR 250. Out of the blue, the cruiser overtook and pretty much vanished ahead. Noticed this bike because there was a 3 bike convoy, a RE Classic look alike, A Yellow one (similar to Thunderbird X) and this. The Classic went ahead first and X got stuck in front of me for sometime and thats when I noticed the temp plates. And in a moment, the Cruiser was in front of me for about 5 seconds.

If what I saw is correct, those who buy the Cruiser is in for a treat. The rider was effortlessly overtaking and going at 120+ speed. I was doing almost that and couldn't even catch up with the slowest one among it, the yellow one. The only time I could overtake them was when they stopped for a break.

Didnt want to stop and click the pics - thought its good for them to enjoy the break without any strain and pressure of the bikes pics being clicked.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th December 2020 at 19:24.
swiftnfurious is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 15:31   #69
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield 650 Cruiser spied

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-smartselect_20210104152953_instagram.jpg

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-smartselect_20210104153001_instagram.jpg

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-smartselect_20210104153010_instagram.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 15:57   #70
Senior - BHPian

Looks stunning ! This will have outstanding presence on the road. USD forks, nice fat chunky tyres and alloys add massively to the appeal. The riding triangle is not cruiser - looks more like a street bike geometry, which I really like. Almost makes me want to trade my Interceptor in for this one
aravind.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 15:58   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
An RE through the Honda lens! After Meteor's perceptible quality improvements, even when compared to a Honda, I hope better quality and refinement becomes a norm for the RE. Would love to upgrade to twin cylinder RE cruiser from my TBX.

Looking at the pictures, this one seems more akin to HD Street Rod riding dynamics than a full blown cruiser with laid back handlebar and front set foot pegs. Maybe RE is working on different ride styles on this different platform.
museycal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 16:07   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Back to Chennai from Pondicherry sometime back and was riding my CBR 250. Out of the blue, the cruiser overtook and pretty much vanished ahead. Noticed this bike because there was a 3 bike convoy, a RE Classic look alike, A Yellow one (similar to Thunderbird X) and this. The Classic went ahead first and X got stuck in front of me for sometime and thats when I noticed the temp plates. And in a moment, the Cruiser was in front of me for about 5 seconds.

If what I saw is correct, those who buy the Cruiser is in for a treat. The rider was effortlessly overtaking and going at 120+ speed. I was doing almost that and couldn't even catch up with the slowest one among it, the yellow one. The only time I could overtake them was when they stopped for a break.

Didnt want to stop and click the pics - thought its good for them to enjoy the break without any strain and pressure of the bikes pics being clicked.
Could this bee a bigger bored out version of the current 650cc engine?

An 800 maybe!
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 16:50   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Could this bee a bigger bored out version of the current 650cc engine?

An 800 maybe!
Gotta be a bit careful mate, Rushlane will use your comment as a "confirmed insider scoop" to publish 17 different articles in the next 6 days, including 3 different renders, about RE's upcoming latest 800cc motorcycle.

I would be more than happy if just those alloys and USDs make it to the 650 twins, RE would have my money the very next day. This one looks a bit odd, the rear seat especially seems to be an afterthought tacked on with some tape, but I'm sure that just random testing stuff.

Last edited by RiderZone : 4th January 2021 at 16:53.
RiderZone is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 17:09   #74

I feel this might be a bigger Classic or the concept that was showcased earlier. Going by the foot peg positions, alloy pattern, seat design, headlight stay and the headlight itself, this looks to be different from the cruiser that was earlier spied.
Kishh_Krishn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 17:16   #75
Senior - BHPian

The FOOT Position is surisingly "Roadster" Like on what seems to be a "Cruiser" .
payeng is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks