Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2021, 18:24   #1
BHPian

R15 V4 was the best-selling Yamaha bike in India in Sept 2021

The recently-launched R15 V4 was the best-selling Yamaha bike in India in September 2021. The company sold 11,792 units of the fully-faired motorcycle last month.

R15 V4 was the best-selling Yamaha bike in India in Sept 2021-20210921_131732.jpg

The Yamaha R15 V4 is currently available at a starting price of Rs. 1,67,800 (ex-showroom). It is powered by a 155cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine that produces 18.3 BHP and 14.2 Nm. There’s a 6-speed gearbox accompanied by a slipper clutch and an optional quick-shifter that comes as a standard fitment in select variants.

In terms of features, the R15 V4 has USD forks, dual-channel ABS, side stand engine cut-off switch, bi-functional LED headlamp, LED DRLs, fully digital instrument cluster with Bluetooth connectivity and more.

R15 V4 was the best-selling Yamaha bike in India in Sept 2021-20210921_131739.jpg

On the other hand, the Yamaha FZ-25 models garnered a total sale of 1,562 units. 2,514 units of the MT-15 were sold, and the cumulative figure for the FZ range was 4,550 units.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by UtkarshC : 27th October 2021 at 18:29.
UtkarshC is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 19:37   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: R15 V4 was the best-selling Yamaha bike in India in Sept 2021

Without context of Yamaha's cumulative sales numbers for the year, how the company fared in the past few months, which models did well in the past etc, I am afraid that this thread has little to no relevance to anyone.

Starting separate threads on the best selling model for each two wheeler manufacturer, will end up flooding the 2 wheeler sub section with new threads that wont get any replies.

What will be helpful is the monthly sales thread that was published which provided all the information to readers to slice and dice and derive inferences from.
neil.jericho is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 23:51   #3
BHPian

Actually this does seem the case as well.

Yamaha has been pretty much dead since a long time and the company's attitude and functioning is polar opposite of its bikes which are actually mostly great, at least the r15 is.

They pretty much nailed it and rather surprised the market, myself included with a version 4 just 3 years after the version 3's launch and the new bike especially M edition looks outstanding.

Imagine Lamborghini themselves selling a 15 lakh rupee somewhat smaller but exactly as stylish, not as advanced but still having outstanding and true to its heritage technology, handling and power (by segment standards of course) and maybe plonking in VW's 1.5L Turbo in it, won't people get really excited? That's exactly what R15 is as compared to R1 or in more literal sense to R7.

People somehow reacted really strongly to the v4, although v3 was not a sales dud but i'am myself seeing new v4 deliveries almost everyday on my instagram feed and i was not even sure if the bike had launched or reached the showrooms but people seem to be buying it by the dozen (i do admit i once looked at one instagram photo and its algorithm shows me these regularly in my explore but those are unique bikes i'am noticing).

Yamaha has sort of nailed it this time and i wish them the best, this bike (and even some KTMs) for that matter are value for money and relatively advanced modern bikes for the price of needlessly expensive retro dinosaurs and i respect them greatly for this.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 00:52   #4
BHPian

This was to be expected with how much of a cult following the R15 has in India, among both enthusiasts and chapris alike.

If there's a reason bikes like the RC200, CBR150/250R, RS200, 220F ever hit our roads it could be traced back to the Gen 1 R15 that blew everyone's mind back in 2008.

The OG Karizma showed us what a performance bike built for India could look like and the R15 perfected that formula.

Turn off the DRL's and walk back a few steps and it looks a race bike that someone shrunk in the dryer.

Definitely the best looking one of the best looking sport bikes on the market under 800cc.

Yamaha have really nailed it with this one.

Bravo
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks