Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2021, 14:14   #1
BHPian

Ather Energy introduces Ather Grid 2.0 fast-charging network

Ather Energy has introduced the Ather Grid 2.0 fast-charging network. The new infrastructure is built on the current generation of Ather Grid but has enhanced features.

The Ather Grid 2.0 has been designed to support future fast-charging capacity, improved safety features and faster bug resolution. Ather Energy can install new features and fix bugs on the Grid 2.0 in real-time via OTA updates.

Ather Energy introduces Ather Grid 2.0 fast-charging network-ather-grid-2.0.png

Thanks to Ather Grid 2.0’s modular design, the fast-charging infrastructure can be installed even in extreme environmental conditions. This design also enables field serviceability of parts with a strong emphasis on remote diagnostics.

Ather Energy has already started the installation of the Ather Grid 2.0 in Bangalore and Chennai. The fast-charging network will be available in more cities soon.

Spread across 21+ cities, the Ather Grid network is currently installed at over 215 locations. The company aims to increase that figure to 500 by the end of FY22 with all new installations being Ather Grid 2.0.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by UtkarshC : 1st November 2021 at 14:18.
UtkarshC is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 14:28   #2
BHPian

Re: Ather Energy introduces Ather Grid 2.0 fast-charging network

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtkarshC View Post

The Ather Grid 2.0 has been designed to support future fast-charging
The improvement in charging tech is exciting and is much needed for faster adoption of EV's but I have a few questions about these new chargers.

Has the charging speed improved or is it just promised in the future?
If it has improved then by how much and what is the maximum power output of these chargers?
Old 2nd November 2021, 09:37   #3
BHPian

Please provide more than 2 chargers per location and penalize people who occupy the charger even after 100% charging is complete.
Old 5th November 2021, 12:26   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharshan View Post
Please provide more than 2 chargers per location and penalize people who occupy the charger even after 100% charging is complete.
Rather than penalize people, it'd help to design the charger in such a way that it stays locked onto the charging port (unless the owner unlocks it with a key or app), and when the charging is complete, it unlocks and displays a light indicating that charging is complete. So anyone else can use the charger. The cable should of course be long enough, since the bike may still be parked there. I heard from the Ather team that fast charging is not good for the life of the battery, so I guess these charging stations should be used only in emergencies. The better option is to do a slow charging at home, overnight. I do hope Ather re-designs the vehicle to be able to remove the battery and substitute it with a freshly charged one at charging stations. I think Taiwan already implemented something like that.
NavBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 10:10   #5
BHPian

They can do a lot to make the network better. One location per neighbourhood is just not sufficient. I live in HSR and there is a single location at this and Koramangala. I've seen queues of 4-5 people standing there. Why don't they get their sales team and massive funding to work to flood the market with charging stations? I'm sure the proportion of their target customers in just these two areas is massive

A couple of suggestions that they can incorporate to make it more equitable

- Have a system to notify a charging vehicle through the app if vehicles are in line
- Have the ability to unplug the charger remotely (either through the app or system determined)
Old 21st December 2021, 14:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Ather Energy has announced it will continue to offer free fast charging for all its customers via its Ather Grid until June 30, 2022.

Ather Energy introduces Ather Grid 2.0 fast-charging network-smartselect_20211221145032_twitter.jpg

Ather Energy introduces Ather Grid 2.0 fast-charging network-20211221_145036.jpg

Link
Old 21st December 2021, 17:57   #7
BHPian

Free charging is good but I would rather have more chargers with higher availability with nominal cost rather than a single free charger which might have waiting of 10+.

Both Ather & Ola need to step up their charging game.
Old 24th December 2021, 13:59   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Zeoncharging has partnered with Alhert setup charging point in more places. I haven't seen any of these points myself but whatever it is, it is a step in the right direction IMo.
Ather Energy introduces Ather Grid 2.0 fast-charging network-smartselect_20211224135557_twitter.jpg
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks