Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2021, 21:16   #226
BHPian

Re: Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Well, registrations are being reflected on Vahan, so scooters are getting registered in RTOs.

As of today, "OLA ELECTRIC TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD" has 16 registrations. Yesterday it was 1, the first entry.

https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan4dashboard/

Vehicle Registration > 2021 > Dec > Search for Ola

NOTE: Vahan does not covered MP, TS and AP

NOTE 2: Ather is at 662 registrations for the month as of today. The race has begun!
The number has gone up to 17. It was 16 when you had posted.

Have to admit I am surprised so many people have such a negative view to Ola. They have shown steady progress across the board. I think its time to give them the benefit of the doubt and let them try to deliver on the promises.They have definitely shown more progress than others such as say simple electric .
fuzzydealhunter is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 21:58   #227
BHPian

Only Bangalore deliveries were delayed yesterday as there was issue with RTO for registration. Only two people got their scooters in Bangalore yesterday. The remaining scooter registrations are getting completed now which are visible on Vahan dashboard also.

Regarding Chennai deliveries, all the owners got their vehicles yesterday itself. These won’t show up in Vahan dashboard yet because they will be under temporary registration. I think owners have to get permanent registration themselves later.

This video is of the customer who took delivery yesterday in Chennai:

Some of the images shared on twitter and telegram groups by the owners who took deliveries in Bangalore yesterday and today:
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-154d912bc7c045b79c2562d61d5399ab.jpeg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-86bd468442bf4f009e136b1353a7c58a.jpeg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-82a919c4cc6f4edcb6c7cfbef79ab136.jpeg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-f2f3a7d4bd734df8affed322c7904102.jpeg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-b18ade26cf954a4a8b4abe788501d400.jpeg

Last edited by sri_tesla : 16th December 2021 at 22:17.
sri_tesla is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 22:32   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo0120 View Post
i am little concerned now with battery under foot board. We use this foot board for lot of things apart from keeping our foot down there. Kids stand while riding, 20 litre water bottles, gas cylinder if size permits and mostly cargo stuff, from rods, metals etc..

Is this designed to with stand the load? Activa does very well. Just go to any market and see how activa is loaded with stuff and it takes them like a champ.
For this very reason it does not have a flat footboard. The sales rep said this was done to improve ride and handling
Carspook is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 11:59   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Great news!
I am interested in knowing what actual users say about the throttle going dead on braking
About this, I took a test ride a few weeks ago and at the outset, I was a bit confused by the lack of the creep facility. But after a few moments, it registered that I have to throttle to get the momentum. It does get a bit disconcerting if you've stopped at a steep incline and there's a passenger sitting too. I was stumped that it didn't accelerate immediately when I applied the throttle. I thought that there was a bit of lag. The consultant explained to me that these were beta units and that this issue would be settled in the production run. Hoping to hear from the new owners of the S1 and S1 Pro. As a matter of reference, I rode the S1 Pro under the normal mode.
Rgds.
Bsimhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 14:50   #230
BHPian

Now they can include scratch guard as part of the official accessories for these electric scooters with touch screen Guys are fighting for missed accessories in showrooms, here ola has built such hype that the customer is happy with a product that will be 100% only after couple of weeks. Great work by OLA, definitely a wake-up call for all OEM's.

I am wondering what would be the price of this same scooter without all these bluetooth, wifi, touch screen, fancy buttons, automatic side lock - only physical key and a standard speedo. Just something like a TVS scooty Pep + with this electric power train. Atleast 15k per vehicle in my opinion including development, HW and future updates,
efuture is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 19:41   #231
BHPian

Quote:
i am little concerned now with battery under foot board. We use this foot board for lot of things apart from keeping our foot down there. Kids stand while riding, 20 litre water bottles, gas cylinder if size permits and mostly cargo stuff, from rods, metals etc..

Is this designed to with stand the load? Activa does very well. Just go to any market and see how activa is loaded with stuff and it takes them like a champ.
It is very dangerous to have a child standing in the front while riding a scooter. Carrying a gas cylinder in the front is dangerous as well. Please don’t promote such dangerous practices.
Lobogris is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 20:19   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
It is very dangerous to have a child standing in the front while riding a scooter. Carrying a gas cylinder in the front is dangerous as well. Please don’t promote such dangerous practices.
That is the reality in India. Just visit school surrounding in any city any day, you will see women dropping their children, one standing or partially sitting in front, another child in the back. By the way typical middle class family means one scooter two parents two children.

My question is, there is a hump on the footboard. But will that stop from carrying water bottle or cylinder. Any danger from damaging battery because of load. What about water protection from scooter getting submerged in rain water. Bounce battery is safely enclosed at a heght inside seat compartment.
pogo0120 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 11:44   #233
BHPian

Ola is using NCA chemistry batteries in S1 and S1 Pro. Panasonic is the only major producer of NCA batteries. Tesla uses NCA chemistry cylindrical batteries from Panasonic in all its models (Model S/X/3/Y). Now they are moving their low-end Model 3 and Model Y variants to LFP chemistry because of cost advantage. NCA chemistry cells have higher energy density and power but costlier compared to LFP chemistry batteries.

Invoice highlighting the battery chemistry:

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-inkednca_li.jpg

Ola battery pack showing cylindrical cells:

Name:  cyl.PNG
Views: 1106
Size:  916.4 KB

Source:
Ola scooters telegram group and Twitter post by Ola CEO.
sri_tesla is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 12:20   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Ola is using NCA chemistry batteries in S1 and S1 Pro.
Why the OTR price is just 1.04lakh for S1 pro in karnataka, what am I missing?
Old 18th December 2021, 13:21   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Why the OTR price is just 1.04lakh for S1 pro in karnataka, what am I missing?
Under FAME II subsidy is Rs 15,000 per kWh battery capacity but there is a limit for max pricing of the vehicle to receive full FAME II subsidies. It is around Rs 1.5 lakhs (don't know the exact number). So, they are keeping the price at that and billing the charger and performance upgrade package separately to get the maximum amount of subsidies (~4 kWh * 15,000 = ~ Rs 60,000). Ather also did something similar for its 450X.
sri_tesla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 14:38   #236
BHPian

I have booked the Ola S1 by paying the 20k. Delivery is scheduled for Jan 2022.

Does any one know if I can postpone taking my delivery till Apr/May? I didn't see any option in the app booking/payment screen.
Old 18th December 2021, 15:47   #237
BHPian

Quote:
That is the reality in India. Just visit school surrounding in any city any day, you will see women dropping their children, one standing or partially sitting in front, another child in the back. By the way typical middle class family means one scooter two parents two children.

My question is, there is a hump on the footboard. But will that stop from carrying water bottle or cylinder. Any danger from damaging battery because of load. What about water protection from scooter getting submerged in rain water. Bounce battery is safely enclosed at a heght inside seat compartment.
A lot of unsafe practices are common in India like speeding, drunk driving, not wearing seat belts, driving on the wrong side and so on. However, here at TeamBHP we don't promote such actions and always promote safe driving.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 16:34   #238
BHPian

^^ Please don't equate drunk driving and speeding to carrying children at the front. I agree it's potentially dangerous but carrying children anywhere on a scooter\motorcycle is fraught with risk, especially when even the mere act of a single individual plying on our roads is inherently a dangerous activity.

So, if you trust an educated adult with familial responsibilities to be able to handle our roads, you should also be able to trust him\her to use the vehicle at their discretion.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 18th December 2021 at 16:35.
drt_rdr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 18:31   #239
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

From battery cell picture, it has a 120v pack 32s5p.
Because of the higher volts, the motor and electronics is more efficient compared to ather which has a system voltage half of ola.
Old 18th December 2021, 19:47   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
^^ Please don't equate drunk driving and speeding to carrying children at the front. I agree it's potentially dangerous but carrying children anywhere on a scooter\motorcycle is fraught with risk, especially when even the mere act of a single individual plying on our roads is inherently a dangerous activity.

So, if you trust an educated adult with familial responsibilities to be able to handle our roads, you should also be able to trust him\her to use the vehicle at their discretion.
I don't see why you are trying to justify a dangerous practice that would put a small child at risk. If the child loses his or her grip and falls off the scooter, the consequences can be disastrous. Just because many people are doing it is not a justification. Here at TeamBHP, we absolutely condemn any unsafe driving practice without exception. Otherwise why use seat belts or a child seat as many people don't do so?

Last edited by Lobogris : 18th December 2021 at 19:49.
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks